Clarksville, TN

Northeast High School 4

Posted September 24, 2013
Very pleased with the progress this school has made since moving here in 2008. Since Westcreek HS opened and the number of students were brought to a reasonable level, this school has thrived. Excellent new teachers have been brought in, academics have greatly improved and the sport programs are the best in the county. Coaches are also involved in stressing academics to players, no just having them eligible to play.

Posted February 13, 2013
Would not recommend this school. It seems to me that the students run the place. No discipline, and no consequences for bad behavior. My stepdaughter consistently had bad grades throughout the year, and amazingly at the end of the year, she passed. What exactly is this teaching them? The schools need to stop passing students on to the next grade if they don't know the work. Stop being their "friend" and TEACH!!

Posted April 12, 2012
I love NEHS. I was at NEHS for 4 years straight and it was amazing. The teachers as well as the principals put so much encouragement into the children as well as instill in you the determination that I once did not have for myself. Also, the guidance counselors were very helpful in being available when you needed them and having great advice. The whole staff as a whole were provided a great environment for the students especially if you were involved in as much as I was.

Posted January 16, 2012
This a great school. The teachers treat the students as if they are there friends and to me thats what helps kids learn better. The girls basketball team could use a little more work but as for the boys basketball team they have gotten really good and have already won the Christmas Tournament.

Posted January 13, 2012
My son loves this. The principals are really friendly and you see them at practically all the basketball games. The teachers show a lot of effort in helping the students also. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted January 07, 2012
This has to be the best school in Montgomery County. The principals are wonderful and so are the teachers. My child never wants to miss a day because she loves it so much.

Posted June 06, 2011
I am one of only 8 students in this past senior class and my grades speak for themselves. Not the work of the teachers but the countless hours put in at home teaching myself after not getting adequate instruction in the classroom. I finished school with a 3.71 GPA and #9 in my class. I don't give much credit to the teachers for that when I spent my nights doing homework from the second I get home until midnight everyday. I'm not just "one of those kids who doesn't study and complains" that the teacher is not doing their job. Just because the same problems go on at the other schools doesn't make it right for this school to live up to those problems too. I fault the district just as much. Especially the snow day policy, knowing we will miss more than 3 days we're given. We go 30 extra minutes for 3 and 1/2 weeks and it only made up one of the many days we missed. Teachers are very quick to use the students as scapegoats to cover themselves from getting in trouble. You would get the same honest opinion from many past and former students. Some students have ran off numerous teachers to other jobs, especially losing 3 my freshman year because they couldn't handle the students.

Northeast High School 3

Posted February 15, 2011
Although multiple people blame the students, teachers, or the staff as a part, it does not change the fact why fellow students do retain a dislike over the school as a whole. The classroom setting is determined partly upon the mind state of the teacher, and the willingness of the students. The complaints of any teacher in this school, from observing firsthand, are partly unjust on the student's behalf. In any way, my opinion of the the teachers here vary with the teacher, but overall most do know, in my opinion, "how to teach". However, there are some teachers that do not teach in a manner in which some students do not understand. We do have good teachers that teach well. Most of the students that I see complain are the ones I know who do not study, or the ones who do not pay attention. There have been complaints on a daily basis by some teachers, and multiple students on the organization of the school. The organization of the school is worthy of being questionable, but this school, being part of a system of schools, more than likely follows certain parameters bestowed by the system it is a part of. -T.H.

Posted November 03, 2009

Northeast High School 3

Posted October 28, 2009
Well, this is my daughter's 2nd year at NEHS. At first, I truly had lots of concerns about the safety of the students. The school was just too crowded. Due to the rezoning the school population is smaller and according to the Guidance Counselor more manageable. (Mrs. Warhurst is awesome). I believe the school just gets bad media. The issues that I see at NEHS, is happening at the 'other' schools but just not advertised at the same level. I do believe that there is room for improvement with the administration, (but that goes with all of us). As for the students that are having problems with courses the school does offer tutoring. It is imperative that parents stay involved with the schools in order that there is that support for the staff and students.

Northeast High School
3701 Trenton Rd, Clarksville, TN  37040
Last modified Northeast High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northeast High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top