No rating

Clarksville Academy

Private | PK-12 | 568 students

We are best known for college prep courses.

Living in Clarksville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $139,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $630.

Posted October 24, 2014

I love CA! I have two children that graduated from Clarksville Academy and they excelled in that environment. They were by no means perfect students. When discipline was need, discipline was handed out. I am not a parent that believes their child is perfect, so I was grateful for the structure given. My husband and I had conferences regarding our children and our concerns and opinions were always heard. Parent involvement was always welcome and the principal had an open door policy. My husband and I were not born and raised in Clarksville, the military brought us here, but My children were never made to feel like they were outsiders or didn't belong because their parents and grandparents were not CA alumni. I am sure that private education isn't for everyone and that public education is great for some, but CA was a great fit for our family!

Posted October 24, 2014

We are thrilled to be a part of the Clarksville Academy family. The school has truly been a blessing to our family. The faculty and staff are demanding, but encouraging, and the students are treated with respect, and given freedom accordingly. The biggest difference we notice compared to public schools has been the support that the families lend to the school and students to truly make CA special. Many parents make sacrifices to send their children to CA, so all have a vested interested and take an active role. It may not be for everyone, but it has been perfect for us. I only wish we had joined the CA family sooner!

Posted October 23, 2014

I am so disappointed to read some of the reviews on this school. I have two children at this school and another one that will start Pre-K as soon as they are old enough. Sure, a child can get a good education in the public school system, but our family values discipline, individualized student learning, safety, and character education also. My children have been challenged academically and have exceeded every expectation we have had for their education. I have read parents reviews that the school isn't worldly-enough...not sure exactly what that means but I do know that I want my children to stay children! Maybe private education isn't for everyone, but there's no place else I would rather send my children!! I am proud of CA and what they are doing for my children.

Posted October 22, 2014

Please read the reviews that discuss bullying. It is rampant at this school and nothing is done about it. My child suffered a broken bone on field trip caused by a bully but I did not find out about it until he returned home. The other child was not disciplined. Our child went to the administration on numerous occasions for help but they did nothing. If a child is from a "Clarksville" family they can do no wrong and teachers will protect them. The school does not offer an education any better than the local public schools. I've known numerous children who moved to local public schools and are much happier and challenged more than they were at CA. Children who go on to college from CA often struggle as they are actually forced to do work on their own. The school is only helpful for those who wish to stay in Clarksville as there is an almost incestuous relationship where having graduated from CA gives you an "in" with the local community. Again, I would point to the NUMEROUS reviews on this website that mention bullying. It is obviously an issue at CA that the administration chooses to ignore.

Posted September 25, 2014

Clarksville Academy suffers from poor leadership from the top down. Classes are often unsupervised and students may go days at a time doing nothing but dressing up for different school sponsored days: twin day, character day, blue day, etc. The school is a joke. Think twice before subjecting your child to a school where the tuition is high and the instructor's education level low.

Posted September 16, 2014

Very disappointed with this school. I advise all new parents to be aware that being the new kid at this school is not easy. It is a school where generations have come in, not only the children, but parent and grand parents all know each other. Your child will feel out of place and will suffer. Bulling takes place, nothing is ever done about it. Both my husband and I were very active and volunteers at the school. However, when we decided to take our child away, they threatened us with fulfilling the financial part of the contract. Very unacceptable, specially for a school. If your child is not happy and has been bullied at the school, there should be no questions.

Posted May 15, 2014

I am terribly disappointed. The curricula appears to be several weeks behind the public school, the offerings are extremely limited, and the administrators have been less than mediocre (in our opinion). I wish I could go back in time and put my child in public school. Even my child wishes the same. Every year, it becomes more and more mediocre to us; less and less worth the money. We are hearing the same from other parents as well. I wish I had an undo button on this decision.

Posted April 28, 2014

Clarksville Academy is a wonderful and caring school for our children. We are so pleased with the knowledge our children receive and the caring environment in which we leave them every day.

Posted April 28, 2014

My family moved to Clarksville almost two years ago. Although we didn't know anyone, we immediately found a home at Clarksville Academy. The teachers truly care about the children and go above and beyond to make sure each child reaches their true potential. The teachers are always in contact with the parents and encourage parent participation. A wonderful education at a wonderful school - we love Clarksville Academy!

Posted April 28, 2014

We've had a wonderful experience at Clarksville Academy. CA follows a strong curriculum which provides challenging material to prepare students for college and beyond. I especially like the integration of technology and Challenge Based Learning focus which helps students learn problem-solving and responsibility for the real world, as well as the welcoming "family" atmosphere with the CA teachers, parents, and students.

Posted April 25, 2014

My children went to Clarksville Academy because we didn't have a variety of choices in Clarksville. Now that we are not longer living in Clarksville I realize how behind CA was in their curriculum and professional development with their teachers. This school will not prepare your children for the real world. It was NOT work the money.

Posted January 7, 2014

How I wish Clarksville Academy had been around when I was going to school. This is an excellent school for parents who want their children to learn and grow in this community. The Clarksville public school system was adequate when I was going to school but after attending some of the public schools lately, it's almost terrifying to see the lack of respect the students have for their teachers, their peers and their community. How can they expect to learn in such an environment? While visiting Clarksville Academy you can see the students have a truly involved teaching staff and director. Not only are they being given a top-notch education but these students are learning in a terrific and nurturing environment. Kudos to Head of Schools Kay Drew. Under her leadership these students in her charge will become the next leaders of our community.

Posted January 6, 2014

This school is a wonderful place for your children. Both of my children have been here since PreK and have had amazing experiences. The staff and leadership are friendly and truly care for your child. They aren't seen as a number but simply as an individual student. Curriculum is tough and students are expected to do their best everyday. The enrichments my child receives in lower school are outstanding and PE is considered a daily course. All students are given technology and the training to use it. Don't let reviews from upset parents sway your decision about this school. Check it out for yourself.

Posted January 6, 2014

I take my children's future & education very seriously & so has every teacher that has ever taught my two boys at CA. I love the extra attention in subjects that my children love. The iPad mini's for learning, daily PE & the combination focus of learning, being active & volunteering really makes a parent know their child is growing up in an awesome environment. From the homemade school lunch menu to Veteran's Day programs this is an amazing place for a child to go.

Posted January 6, 2014

I am so proud I decided to send my children to this school. The amazing supportive coaches, staff & leaders go above and beyond, and have years of experience that show daily in everything they do. The teachers all truly understand what each child needs, teaching beyond the books to include learning honor & respect for others, as well as the community. It's worth every penny to know my children are in such an awesome environment that is preparing them for life. It's like one big family that looks out for one another & shares a common goal of higher expectations & standards. Recently being named an Apple Distinguished School is proof that the academic focus combined with technology, leadership & the arts is a great foundation & beautiful place to send your child.

Posted November 30, 2013

This school is based on your socioeconomic status and nothing else. Bullying starts at a very YOUNG age and nothing is done to stop it. Administration doesn't step on toes to correct the problem because it might interfere with the next big donation. My youngest child has been pressured into drinking already by 3rd graders! The mind boggling thing is, the kids doing it ALL have parents that work at the school. Blows me away what these kids get away with. The football games, the young kids (same group of 3-5th) graders that their parents work or put money into school, have a game called "beat up" where they find a kid on playground and kick and beat them up until they get away. So sad! Many of these kids need manners taught to them but have no one at home to teach them. Education is better than public but it's a toss up if you want to deal with the rest of the stuff that goes on.

Posted November 20, 2013

Clarksville academy is AMAZING I'm in 6th grade the school is wonderful I've been in Clarksville Academy since kindergarten it was an amazing expierece! GO COUGARS!

Posted July 23, 2013

Clarksville Academy is a country club for rich kids. There are little consequences to any poor behavior, pretty much your kid will get away with anything if he/she has money. Not talking about bribes, but popularity and seniority is based on how rich you are. It is not even college prep, the only thing that resembles a college prep type school would be the atmosphere.. There is a lot of freedom. The work load is not college prepratory at all. It will however look good on an application to a college or internship but only because it is a private school. So if you are wanting how it looks rather than what you child actually learns, then by all means enroll them. There are man great teachers at CA, but the work load is not like it would be at college. The only reason I am giving CA 2 stars is because of half of the staff. There are always two sides, good and bad. Half the staff are money lovers and the other half are genuinely good people.

Posted January 18, 2012

I am a Military wife & My child goes to CA. I am most certainly not the richest person in the school. I work very hard @ 2 jobs to have my child attend CA. I can honestly say I have never felt or experienced any Class-ism at CA, There are some Local cliques but they do not exclude the "outsider family's", I would say they make as much effort to include my family as I do to join in school events. My child was not challenged in some areas of the Curriculum so I spoke with her teacher and she was given advance work. I do not feel it is CA's responsibility to prepare my child for life outside Clarksville. I believe it is mine, I do so by taking her on trips around the country & world, exposing her to as many different cultures as possible. When My husbands Block leave does not line up with the schools Calender vacations CA has been fantastic about letting us have time as a family, with the condition that my child grades stay consistently High. I am not sure what is said in teachers homes, but I am sure that kids repeat what is said at home in any school or environment. I like CA, I am not saying it is perfect, but it is way better then the school in our area.

Posted November 29, 2011

My oldest son has attended CA since Kindergarten (now in 9th grade) and my youngest son is now in second grade. They love the teachers, atmosphere, and the environment. I have been teaching here for 2 years (previously taught in Montgomery Co. for 17 years) and love the student/teacher ratio and the family atmosphere. My wife tried to teach here for several years but a teaching position would never open. Teacher turnover here is very low. Probably less than 10%. CA is a college prep school that holds these students to very high standards. Top programs offered are: music, choir, key club, broadcasting,FCA, and a variety of sports for every student to excel(just to name a few). As a football coach here for the past two years, I have found that parent and administration support is second to none. This school is a great place for any student or student/athlete to reach their full potential.
—Submitted by a teacher

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 2%

College readiness and student pathways

Percentage of students going to 4-year college 100% (2012)
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 5:45 p.m.
  • Sally Allen
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 4 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

Media arts
  • Graphics
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Community service
  • Debate
  • Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
  • Foreign language club: Latin

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom