Clarksville, TN
Before care: Yes

Clarksville Academy 2

Posted December 06, 2014
If you didn't start out at this school, there is definitely a difference in how you are treated and especially treated by the kids. There is also a difference depending on your "wealth" of your family in how situations are addressed. I do not see a big difference academically at the grade school level. Save your money! Even though we took many opinions before we decided to go here and realizing all experiences differ, I thought it was particularly telling that I later learned that a teacher at the school held their boy back a grade just to get him away from a certain group of boys that are currently in the 4th grade I believe. The school always talks a good game, but doesn't always follow through on things they should be addressing. Sometimes it is who you are at this school. Sadly, we're not anymore crazy about the public school experience in the area. Our stay here is only temporary because of the military, but maybe you all will have different experiences.

Posted October 24, 2014
I love CA! I have two children that graduated from Clarksville Academy and they excelled in that environment. They were by no means perfect students. When discipline was need, discipline was handed out. I am not a parent that believes their child is perfect, so I was grateful for the structure given. My husband and I had conferences regarding our children and our concerns and opinions were always heard. Parent involvement was always welcome and the principal had an open door policy. My husband and I were not born and raised in Clarksville, the military brought us here, but My children were never made to feel like they were outsiders or didn't belong because their parents and grandparents were not CA alumni. I am sure that private education isn't for everyone and that public education is great for some, but CA was a great fit for our family!

Posted October 24, 2014
We are thrilled to be a part of the Clarksville Academy family. The school has truly been a blessing to our family. The faculty and staff are demanding, but encouraging, and the students are treated with respect, and given freedom accordingly. The biggest difference we notice compared to public schools has been the support that the families lend to the school and students to truly make CA special. Many parents make sacrifices to send their children to CA, so all have a vested interested and take an active role. It may not be for everyone, but it has been perfect for us. I only wish we had joined the CA family sooner!

Posted October 23, 2014
I am so disappointed to read some of the reviews on this school. I have two children at this school and another one that will start Pre-K as soon as they are old enough. Sure, a child can get a good education in the public school system, but our family values discipline, individualized student learning, safety, and character education also. My children have been challenged academically and have exceeded every expectation we have had for their education. I have read parents reviews that the school isn't worldly-enough...not sure exactly what that means but I do know that I want my children to stay children! Maybe private education isn't for everyone, but there's no place else I would rather send my children!! I am proud of CA and what they are doing for my children.

Posted October 22, 2014
Please read the reviews that discuss bullying. It is rampant at this school and nothing is done about it. My child suffered a broken bone on field trip caused by a bully but I did not find out about it until he returned home. The other child was not disciplined. Our child went to the administration on numerous occasions for help but they did nothing. If a child is from a "Clarksville" family they can do no wrong and teachers will protect them. The school does not offer an education any better than the local public schools. I've known numerous children who moved to local public schools and are much happier and challenged more than they were at CA. Children who go on to college from CA often struggle as they are actually forced to do work on their own. The school is only helpful for those who wish to stay in Clarksville as there is an almost incestuous relationship where having graduated from CA gives you an "in" with the local community. Again, I would point to the NUMEROUS reviews on this website that mention bullying. It is obviously an issue at CA that the administration chooses to ignore.

Posted September 25, 2014
Clarksville Academy suffers from poor leadership from the top down. Classes are often unsupervised and students may go days at a time doing nothing but dressing up for different school sponsored days: twin day, character day, blue day, etc. The school is a joke. Think twice before subjecting your child to a school where the tuition is high and the instructor's education level low.

Posted September 16, 2014
Very disappointed with this school. I advise all new parents to be aware that being the new kid at this school is not easy. It is a school where generations have come in, not only the children, but parent and grand parents all know each other. Your child will feel out of place and will suffer. Bulling takes place, nothing is ever done about it. Both my husband and I were very active and volunteers at the school. However, when we decided to take our child away, they threatened us with fulfilling the financial part of the contract. Very unacceptable, specially for a school. If your child is not happy and has been bullied at the school, there should be no questions.

Clarksville Academy 2

Posted May 15, 2014
I am terribly disappointed. The curricula appears to be several weeks behind the public school, the offerings are extremely limited, and the administrators have been less than mediocre (in our opinion). I wish I could go back in time and put my child in public school. Even my child wishes the same. Every year, it becomes more and more mediocre to us; less and less worth the money. We are hearing the same from other parents as well. I wish I had an undo button on this decision.

Posted April 28, 2014
Clarksville Academy is a wonderful and caring school for our children. We are so pleased with the knowledge our children receive and the caring environment in which we leave them every day.

Posted April 28, 2014
My family moved to Clarksville almost two years ago. Although we didn't know anyone, we immediately found a home at Clarksville Academy. The teachers truly care about the children and go above and beyond to make sure each child reaches their true potential. The teachers are always in contact with the parents and encourage parent participation. A wonderful education at a wonderful school - we love Clarksville Academy!

Clarksville Academy