Clarksville, TN

Posted January 22, 2015
So glad we enrolled our child here! CA has been a perfect fit, and we were welcomed with open arms. School work is challenging and our child has made friends quickly. We made an effort to contribute to the school by volunteering and were quickly and enthusiastically accepted by other families, and appreciated by the staff and admin. The atmosphere is not been "cliquish" to our family, but like most things, you get out of it what you put in to it. I suspect those who stand back and watch others feel less accepted than those who put forth the effort to get to know people and help out. Great school for us!

Clarksville Academy 4

Posted January 20, 2015
Our kids have been at this school for several years. In my opinion, they have grown academically and are challenged in their classes. Our kids enjoy the open campus environment and don't feel so restricted with so many rules that often plagues public schools. At no point have we, including our kids, felt that we don't "fit" due to our social or financial status. Any issues that have come up have been resolved by the teacher....quickly!

Posted January 07, 2015
This is a fabulous school! I have two children enrolled here and we have had nothing but a great experience. If there is ever a problem I go directly to the teacher or administrator and a decision is reached on what is best for my child. My children have thrived in this environment and are taught the ability to think for themselves and how to really problem solve. I disagree with another reviewer that new comers aren't welcome. This is one of the most welcoming environments my children have ever been in. Teachers, staff, students, etc all go out of their way to help my children feel like a part of this big family. Everyone should come see this school for themselves.

Posted January 07, 2015
CA has been a blessing in our life. Our children have thrived in this environment. We looked for several qualities that CA offered small classrooms, progressive with up to date technology. When compared to Nashville costs CA provided the same benefits for a fraction of the cost. I have been amazed how the school has evolved during our time there. Nothing is perfect but it is very good. Our children have nice friends and their testing scores have proved the school. Thanks CA for all you do.

Posted January 02, 2015
I also recommend for newcomers to read about the bulling that takes place at this school. My child was there for a short period of time due to him being constantly bullied by his peers. We brought this up several times to the administrators and a couple of teachers, nothing was ever done about it. I understand this is supposed to be the best school in Clarksville, but please do not send your child there unless you have a LOT of money and a high social status in this town.

Clarksville Academy 2

Posted December 06, 2014
If you didn't start out at this school, there is definitely a difference in how you are treated and especially treated by the kids. There is also a difference depending on your "wealth" of your family in how situations are addressed. I do not see a big difference academically at the grade school level. Save your money! Even though we took many opinions before we decided to go here and realizing all experiences differ, I thought it was particularly telling that I later learned that a teacher at the school held their boy back a grade just to get him away from a certain group of boys that are currently in the 4th grade I believe. The school always talks a good game, but doesn't always follow through on things they should be addressing. Sometimes it is who you are at this school. Sadly, we're not anymore crazy about the public school experience in the area. Our stay here is only temporary because of the military, but maybe you all will have different experiences.

Posted October 24, 2014
I love CA! I have two children that graduated from Clarksville Academy and they excelled in that environment. They were by no means perfect students. When discipline was need, discipline was handed out. I am not a parent that believes their child is perfect, so I was grateful for the structure given. My husband and I had conferences regarding our children and our concerns and opinions were always heard. Parent involvement was always welcome and the principal had an open door policy. My husband and I were not born and raised in Clarksville, the military brought us here, but My children were never made to feel like they were outsiders or didn't belong because their parents and grandparents were not CA alumni. I am sure that private education isn't for everyone and that public education is great for some, but CA was a great fit for our family!

Posted October 23, 2014
I am so disappointed to read some of the reviews on this school. I have two children at this school and another one that will start Pre-K as soon as they are old enough. Sure, a child can get a good education in the public school system, but our family values discipline, individualized student learning, safety, and character education also. My children have been challenged academically and have exceeded every expectation we have had for their education. I have read parents reviews that the school isn't worldly-enough...not sure exactly what that means but I do know that I want my children to stay children! Maybe private education isn't for everyone, but there's no place else I would rather send my children!! I am proud of CA and what they are doing for my children.

Posted October 22, 2014
Please read the reviews that discuss bullying. It is rampant at this school and nothing is done about it. My child suffered a broken bone on field trip caused by a bully but I did not find out about it until he returned home. The other child was not disciplined. Our child went to the administration on numerous occasions for help but they did nothing. If a child is from a "Clarksville" family they can do no wrong and teachers will protect them. The school does not offer an education any better than the local public schools. I've known numerous children who moved to local public schools and are much happier and challenged more than they were at CA. Children who go on to college from CA often struggle as they are actually forced to do work on their own. The school is only helpful for those who wish to stay in Clarksville as there is an almost incestuous relationship where having graduated from CA gives you an "in" with the local community. Again, I would point to the NUMEROUS reviews on this website that mention bullying. It is obviously an issue at CA that the administration chooses to ignore.

Posted September 25, 2014
Clarksville Academy suffers from poor leadership from the top down. Classes are often unsupervised and students may go days at a time doing nothing but dressing up for different school sponsored days: twin day, character day, blue day, etc. The school is a joke. Think twice before subjecting your child to a school where the tuition is high and the instructor's education level low.

Clarksville Academy