2-12|Private

Bad
Good

My son claimed that he was abused at home and that was why he misbehaved at school. Weems academy contacted other family members before discussing this with me or the public school system. The psychiatrist that my son was seeing had diagnosed him with schizophrenia before he ever went to Weems.

i dont like this school at all! my child is a student there and its been nothing but problems. i would suggest anybody send there child there. because they are fake.

As a former student, I have to say that this school isn't exactly what it appears to be. It is before all other things a correctional school - nothing less. As a 7th grader I was mixing with high schoolers, many of which were far worse behaved than me (I'll admit that I didn't know how to hold my mouth shut as a younger person, but I certainly didn't belong in a school with drug dealers and violent wards of the state! But to the staff of Weems, there is no distinction between 'dangerous' students and those with mild behavioral problems) and on several occasions - a great many of them no fault of my own - it put me in very serious danger. Discipline consists primarily of locking students in rooms with metal doors and a peephole that views in, not out. Students can taunt those inside easily.

Weems Academy is a wonderful school with caring and honest teachers and staff. It is my belief that they sincerely have the students best interest at heart, and will do what it takes to ensure the students become successful and productive members of the community.

Last modified Weems Academy is a Private school that serves grades 2-12