Clarksville, TN

Posted October 03, 2013
I am very surprised by the comments about this school and more so about the principal. All four of my kids go and have gone to this school for the past five years. Three of my kids were special needs. The faculty and staff have always been wonderful to work with and very accommodating. There has always been open communication and eagerness to work to together to do what is best for the kids. Cindy Adams alone has always been front and center if we ever needed anything. She has never ceased to amaze me at how well she knows the kids. During the IEP's she is always telling me instances where she observed my kids doing something. I can't think of a single teacher or therapist that I would replace. They have ALL always made me feel like and shown that my kids education and development are very important. My oldest started out at Sango and we moved to Glenellen's district. I was a little bummed at first but Glenellen has just blown me away. I am just having a hard time believing some of the things that have been said. Also, the parents are very involved. Just try finding a parking spot on Family picnic day or for some event. I just love that!

Posted September 19, 2013
Very disappointed in this school for a variety of reasons. When requesting assistance teachers are not hesitant to share class size as a reason for not performing much needed instruction or follow up.. My child has regressed significantly since being enrolled here.

Posted June 06, 2013
Very Clean, Great enviroment. Excellent teachers and Staff. My son just graduated from 5th grade and for the last 2 years he's been in Glenellen I had no complains at all; he mature a lot. Great communication with the 4th and 5th grade teachers they were always willing to help him. 5 stars for Glenellen. Go Tortoises!

Posted June 21, 2012
This school could benefit from more positive leadership. The principal is rude to parents, students and teachers. I have personally seen her talk down to her staff. I have seen this school from the inside and have seen her staff brought down because of her leadership tones. Instead of helping teachers reach full potential it's almost as if she bullies them. The students are definately affected because the teachers are not at their best, worried of when the next shoe will drop. I have seen it first hand and have also seen this as a parent of three students at this school. I also do not believe that the special needs students in this school are treated with the same diginity as the model student. Every child is equal, and I do not feel that is the case in this school. Do not get me wrong, there are and have been wonderful teachers at Glenellen, but most do not stay long because of current leadership.

Posted May 29, 2012
The principal is a dictator, yielding no autonomy to her teachers or the parents. My daughter's teacher was a great teacher and a great young woman, but it was obvious that the weight of this principal crushed her spirit and resolve. This school will not move toward greatness until she is replaced.

Posted November 03, 2010
I am not at all impressed by this school. My kids have only attended for one year and already they've regressed. My 4th grader is bringing assignments home that were assigned to her in the 2nd at a public school in a different state! And my 2nd grader is not being challenged at all. Children exhibit different learning abilities and teachers should differentiate teaching so that they may enhance learning for "ALL" students. So whether a child is gifted, exceptional, or typical, it is the teacher's duty to implement teaching strategies to meet their unique needs. Then again, I'm sure the administrators have a lot to do with it as well. Unfortunately, this school fosters standards that are extremely low. No child should have to move for these reasons. This school just has to acknowledge that they need a mechanism in place for great improvement and do it!

Glenellen Elementary School 3

Posted May 11, 2010

Posted April 29, 2010
This used to be a great school. The principal has no idea what she is doing. She is rude to the teachers, parents, and PTO. She is no leader and should have never been put in this position.

Posted January 20, 2010

Glenellen Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2009

Glenellen Elementary School
825 Needmore Rd, Clarksville, TN  37040
Last modified Glenellen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenellen Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top