Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This is a very great school and I love that they work with my child in transitioning from home-school back to public school. My son is always raving about the awesome teachers and the school staff. I have had nothing but the best experiences with the principal, front desk receptionist, the nurse, the teachers and the guidance counselors. I would recommend parents moving to the area to view the school and not the comments. A very experienced, extremely knowledgeable, and caring staff of professionals. The professionalism and heart is genuine towards the students and parents. The Montgomery County school system itself provides for a thorough planned out education that will benefit a child in the years to come. I can say this with all honesty because of my own 4-years of experience and enrolling my own children here. Yet, I am totally thrilled and adore this school and all that it has offered and blessed the students in the journeys through its fantastic curriculum and activities offered. Please, visit the school, the staff, and wonderful teachers.. then judge for yourself.

I cannot wait for this school year to be over. I am officially done with West Creek Middle School and I will fork out the money for private school. My son has been bullied, belittled by teachers, ignored and not cared for by his 6th grade teachers. The Counselors and Principals have not reached out to check on my child after he attempted suicide while at school. Instead, the math teacher emails me to say my child's school proof pictures are in and what does she need to do with them!!! This is a sorry excuse for a middle school and my child will never step foot onto their campus again. Please if you have a middle schooler and you are looking into this school, avoid it at all costs!!!

Wcms has helped my child with disabilities learn to read. He was at a 3rd grade level when we got here and he is now in 8th grade reading at a 6th grade level. I know most of the teachers have been awesome with him. I only have one science teacher who has not been willing to accept his disabilities and help him learn for her class. Other then that I have to say I love Mr.Streeter, Mr.Miller and Ms.Rory, Thank you for all your help the last 3 years.

Anyone who is making a fuss about this school is ever an over protective parent or a whiny student. Some of my best times where at this school, and while some fights broke out, bullying is very rare. I did well, though there is at least one bad teacher. But there is also amazing teachers (Hi Mr.Cleghorn!). So, in conclusion, I believe this school is amazing, but nothing's perfect. -Christopher Cavin, former student

I think this is a wonderful school, my child love it here and have been very successful.

Worst school my children have ever attended. Rude teachers that breed negativity, and a principal who is far more unhelpful then he is helpful. My children no longer attend school there. Parents, look into your options before choosing this school. If I could send my kids to another public school in the area I would, but that's not a option yet. Until then, I will homeschool them where I can teach them the right way. Oh and common core, it's just making our kids stupid!!!

As with anything, read everything with a grain of salt. Even this review. There will be a level of bias no matter where the review is coming from. What that said: WCMS is an incredible school with great leadership. The teachers are all higher level teachers with highly qualified status in their content areas. They expect the most from their students each day. Work is meaningful (especially when homework is given). Some concerns may be the result of constant transition from program to program, but that is going to occur in every school that is doing their best to accommodate their students. With different programs and models coming into fruition, WCMS attempts to stay ahead of the game, and do a great job in doing so. All in all, WCMS is a positive school that does what is best for children. If you have concerns relating to that, there are much better avenues to address them than a review board online.

I don't think any one want's to hear what i have to say about this sorry excuse for a school. The ones who like this school needs an education about it. I am pulling my child out as soon as possible

My child loves this school. She has had a lot of problems at her others school in the past at Rossview Middle with racism and stuff but here at WCMS they treat them all equally.

The coyotes rule no doubts about it. If only this school was open when I was a child.

Last modified West Creek Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.