PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

We along with other parents put our child in this school because of the feeling of a good,safe, good curriculum environment. The first year was good and then in 2014 after paying all enrollment fees, we found out they were implementing a common core curriculum without asking paying parents. After several attempts to rectify the situation, we among other parents, had to pull our child from the school because of the poor choice of curriculum. They implement that in the public school system and that is one reason we steered clear of public schools in Tn. After pulling our children because of the breech in contract, the school decided to drag us all into court. We won and then they appealed, dragging this out even further. So much for a Christian School. We also found out they this school was not allowing GIRLS to lead prayer. Only boys could. WHAT? They also cannot offer higher education for high school students because of the lack of teachers to teach some of these courses. Steer clear. The board makes all decisions and they won't even meet with parents on issues. Worst experience with a school we ever had. My child is the one that suffered the most of course.

Develops character: Disagree

This school is a Christian School and they disallowed GIRLS to lead prayer. This is very difficult to try to explain to your Children. The board is an ALL CHURCH OF CHRIST board and use this to develop learning environment. They are supposed to be a non denominational school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school follows Christian principles. Children should act with integrity, respect and with humility. The children are taught to think of others and learn characteristics that they should display

We have two children at CCS. We have been very happy with the school. When we have had questions we can address with the teacher or appropriate staff and they have been answered/addressed. The staff is very loving and knows the children by name. My children come home singing songs from chapel and telling us what their service project was at The Well. Classes are small, teachers are loving, staff is helpful, and they truly care about the children and their futures. Parent

This is our 2nd year at CCS and we love it! When we searched for a private school the most important thing that caught our attention about CCS is that ANY Christian is welcome and loved and the smaller classroom settings. The faculty and staff show care and concern with every child. PAC (Parent Action Commitee aka PTA) is an energetic group helping the school in several matters that include the book fair, box tops, decorating the halls to donating money for needed supplies and always welcomes extra hands. My child has blossomed in this school and enjoys going to school. The classrooms are small in numbers which will give your child a better chance for the one on one that they may need. No school is perfect but CCS works hard to be as close as possible.

We are in the middle of our 2nd year at this school. We were pleased last year (2 in elementary and 1 in pre-K) and were disappointed to hear that one of our teachers wasn't asked back. This was disappointing and confusing. I have yet to see if any of the suggestions I gave in the end of year survey are even being considered, which is also disappointing. The PTA is great and has great leadership, the front staff is wonderful and so far the teachers have been wonderful and very good with communication. So far we haven't seen any introduction of the Church of Christ doctrine, which I appreciate since we were told this was a non-denomination Christian School. I do not have any children with special needs, so I can't speak for that, but I have had a child needing accommodations and that have been very successful. With the options available in Clarksville, this is a great school.

I have two children and have been at Clarksville Christian for several years. We have seen the school grow and blossom from a small school with only a few grades to a school that serves the full spectrum from PreK through 12th grade. The faculty and staff are caring, and weave Christianity into all that they do. It is obvious that my children (and all students) are loved. Principal Binkley has an open-door policy, and the PTA group there is very active. We are excited about the new addition of upper school classrooms, gymnasium, and cafeteria. We are looking forward to another great year!

Not impressed at all with this school. We have been both at private Christian schools in the past and the public system, Clarksville Christian to us felt more as a public school with small classrooms. Bible classes were a part o the curriculum and the dress code were up to standards, however, the staff conduct when dealing with the children lacked Christian maturity.

We have been a member of the Clarksville Christian School family for several years and we love it! We have seen the school receive it's accreditation and hire the best teachers around. The school is small enough that I've gotten to know kids from all the grade levels, not just the ones in my kids class. The kids, teachers and administration are amazing! I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a solid Christian foundation for their children.

Clarksville Christian School is a great learning environment for my children. The class sizes are small, the atmosphere is loving, caring and God honoring. The students are friendly and welcoming. The teachers really care about their students and use many different techniques to help reach all the students in their classes. My children are teenagers and I have never seen a better group of teens than the ones at CCS, not even in our church. They offer clubs and sports that give students a chance to get involved with the school. We are proud to be part of the CCS family.

Last modified Clarksville Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12