Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted February 06, 2016
Wonderful school!! My child has been at Rossview for 4 years and each one has exceeded our expectations. The teachers truly care and the administration does a great job! The school itself is bright, clean and beautiful. We are truly thankful to be zoned for Rossview!

Rossview Elementary School 3

Posted October 22, 2015
Rossview is a good school for academics. It lacks in everything else. I have liked the teachers we have had, but I don't agree with recess being taken away as punishment, or the kids not being able to talk during lunch, as these are the only free times for students. I also don't like how extra activities are only for 3-5 graders, and that most of those are try out activities even though they are not competitive teams. Art, music, and athletics should be offered to all students who show an interest. After all, 8-10 year olds are still learning. Running club is offered to all 3-5 graders and the total kids who want to participate are split into two semesters. This way they all get a chance to join. I believe the other clubs at school should be the same. I also think k-2 should be offered something. In society today parents have their kids in extra curriculars as young as 18 months. Not all parents can afford those activities so something offered through school would be great. Rossview does have high parent support so it would be possible. Overall, it's a good school, but not great

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted October 21, 2015
We love the library staff!! They are awesome women and very helpful to the students. They also have fun reward systems and contests for reading, and I love the AR program.

Posted July 10, 2015
My daughter learned so much from going to Rossview, academically and socially. The teachers are very efficient and I know they work extra hard because of the information they give to us parents - homework packets, summer packets, children-made books, resources, etc. My child would come home with treats and rewards that I know the teachers bought with their own money. She even received a card over the summer. The administrators care for the students too. Not only that I am confident that my child is receiving great education, I also have no worries when my child is at school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 10, 2015
The teachers are experts in teaching the curriculum, they communicate with parents positively and professionally, they go out of their way to make school a positive experience for their students, and use their own money to give students treats and rewards. Hats off to them!

Rossview Elementary School 1

Posted April 18, 2014
First and foremost I will say this, my children are both A/B students, have attended for three years and the school academically is great. Here is what I don't like...if you want to send your kids to a penitentiary everyday where all they care about is a TCAP test to guarantee funding, then it is great. They also believe in group punishment and will punish the whole class if one is out of line...by taking recess. My kids will sometimes go a week without recess for a slew of reasons; recess is constantly threatened. Kids cannot touch the walls without being disciplined, cannot go outside if there has been an inkling of rain in fear of tracking in "mud". I am happy to leave and not look back, so are my kids. For the most part, the teachers are great and they care; however, the principle is set in her ways and turns a blind eye to parental input. So, if you want your kids to go to a school for strictly good grades, then Rossview is great. If you want to deprive your kids of their happy childhood school days then Rossview is also great.

Rossview Elementary School 4

Posted August 31, 2013
The only reason I didn't give Rossview 5 stars is because they are experiencing over crowding, which is not their fault. Dispite that, the staff is great, I found both secretaries to be professional, the teachers really care about the kids, the school is kept clean, they have a wonderful art program, music program...I really feel fortunate that my daughter has gone to K and 1st grade here, she has had a very nice experience. I also like that even at the kindergarten level, they teach the kids about bulling and encourage them not to behave that way towards each other.

Rossview Elementary School 2

Posted August 07, 2012
The secretary is rude to military families. I pulled the kids out after one long, frustrating year. As the face of the school, and the person who gets to decide whom you speak to next, you would think that they'd stick someone personable in that job. I'm so glad that I never have to deal with her again, and that she won't be able to sneer at my husband in his uniform anymore.

Posted January 08, 2011
My daughter attends kindergarten here! Her teacher Mrs. Williams is great. My daughter tells me everyday how much she loves her teacher and her friends (including specialty teachers like p.e. & music). They have a lot of nice things to offer the kids for learning. The building is really nice and the office & staff have been great on any encounter I had. I like the awards they do because my daughter works hard not to mark stars or get in trouble and I think it is good for the kids! Also one of my daughters friends in her class learns sign language and because of this my daughter even bemefits she knows her colors, alphabet and some key words! Honestly, I hope her friend is in a class with her every year because I think that is an amazing learning experience! I don't think I could be more pleased then I'am now! Gladly looking forward to the next 4 years at this school. The way it is zoned right now were zoned for northeast middle and high after rossview elementary and Im not to excited about that; if the zoning don't change by the time she is in middle school I will be moving to keep my daughter in all of the Rossview Schools! I think this school is wonderful in every way!

Posted July 13, 2010
We have been very pleased with Rossview Elementary. The teachers worked very hard with our children and treated them as individuals. We were previously at Sango, where we weren't very happy and the warmth and change has been tremendous.

2235 Cardinal Lane, Clarksville, TN  37043
Last modified Rossview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rossview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top