Clarksville, TN

Rossview Elementary School 1

Posted April 18, 2014
First and foremost I will say this, my children are both A/B students, have attended for three years and the school academically is great. Here is what I don't like...if you want to send your kids to a penitentiary everyday where all they care about is a TCAP test to guarantee funding, then it is great. They also believe in group punishment and will punish the whole class if one is out of line...by taking recess. My kids will sometimes go a week without recess for a slew of reasons; recess is constantly threatened. Kids cannot touch the walls without being disciplined, cannot go outside if there has been an inkling of rain in fear of tracking in "mud". I am happy to leave and not look back, so are my kids. For the most part, the teachers are great and they care; however, the principle is set in her ways and turns a blind eye to parental input. So, if you want your kids to go to a school for strictly good grades, then Rossview is great. If you want to deprive your kids of their happy childhood school days then Rossview is also great.

Rossview Elementary School 4

Posted August 31, 2013
The only reason I didn't give Rossview 5 stars is because they are experiencing over crowding, which is not their fault. Dispite that, the staff is great, I found both secretaries to be professional, the teachers really care about the kids, the school is kept clean, they have a wonderful art program, music program...I really feel fortunate that my daughter has gone to K and 1st grade here, she has had a very nice experience. I also like that even at the kindergarten level, they teach the kids about bulling and encourage them not to behave that way towards each other.

Rossview Elementary School 2

Posted August 07, 2012
The secretary is rude to military families. I pulled the kids out after one long, frustrating year. As the face of the school, and the person who gets to decide whom you speak to next, you would think that they'd stick someone personable in that job. I'm so glad that I never have to deal with her again, and that she won't be able to sneer at my husband in his uniform anymore.

Posted January 08, 2011
My daughter attends kindergarten here! Her teacher Mrs. Williams is great. My daughter tells me everyday how much she loves her teacher and her friends (including specialty teachers like p.e. & music). They have a lot of nice things to offer the kids for learning. The building is really nice and the office & staff have been great on any encounter I had. I like the awards they do because my daughter works hard not to mark stars or get in trouble and I think it is good for the kids! Also one of my daughters friends in her class learns sign language and because of this my daughter even bemefits she knows her colors, alphabet and some key words! Honestly, I hope her friend is in a class with her every year because I think that is an amazing learning experience! I don't think I could be more pleased then I'am now! Gladly looking forward to the next 4 years at this school. The way it is zoned right now were zoned for northeast middle and high after rossview elementary and Im not to excited about that; if the zoning don't change by the time she is in middle school I will be moving to keep my daughter in all of the Rossview Schools! I think this school is wonderful in every way!

Posted July 13, 2010
We have been very pleased with Rossview Elementary. The teachers worked very hard with our children and treated them as individuals. We were previously at Sango, where we weren't very happy and the warmth and change has been tremendous.

Posted June 23, 2010
Our family recently moved to the Rossview area, and have been very pleased with both the teachers and administration of Rossview Elementary. The children have a great sense of school pride, and really take the school's mission statement to heart....this would indicate great leadership and clear communication. As a new school, there were times of struggle with organization and/or consistent communication, but I feel confident this will improve with each school year. The PTO is outstanding, and the technology that is provided for the children is terrific. My children looked forward to the awards ceremonies each 9 weeks, and knew that awards are given for excellence and excellence takes extra effort. This was a great learning tool to use with both my children. We look forward to the 2010-2011 school year!

Rossview Elementary School 4

Posted June 22, 2010
Great school year, however I along with other parents have a great concern about how academic and character awards are given. Some students received the same awards each 9 weeks, while others never received an award, which were very well behaved students. Some students were relatives of administration and faculty and did not do anything out of the ordinary that other students in the school had done. Many students left awards feeling down and upset because they received nothing. Some students were on the honors list for report card, however did not get their name called out at awards. A great many parents have expressed their concern about the way awards are carried out. I hope next year awards are given out differently, or non at all.

Posted May 12, 2010
With it being a brand new school and a new principal, many had reservations. I believe this school is one of the best in Clarksville! My 4th and 5th grader loves the school and their teachers. They are both doing great academically and psychosocially!

Posted February 25, 2010
I love the school... I love the teachers!!!

Rossview Elementary School
2235 Cardinal Lane, Clarksville, TN  37043
Last modified Rossview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rossview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top