Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

They have worked so hard to help my son who was way behind on reading and speech. In just a year its a complete turn around and he loves reading now!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My childs life was threatened by another student. The school did nothing proactive. Instead the teacher placed the other child, whom did the life threat, next to my child in the classroom.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

My child has a 504 plan, rather than having it active immediately when the school year began, the school waits 90 days every year before they make it active. In the mean time, a child struggles and falls behind.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I'm saddened that many of the teachers at Kenwood have contact with children at all. Many of these teachers would do better as Dog fighters or prison guards as they lack basic human compassion.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There is no enforcement of behavior in this school and no programs in place that touch on these qualities. These qualities are not inherent in the teachers either.

This school has been a blessing for my daughter! We purchased a new home in Kenwood School district and transferred from a different local public school. I am very impressed with the personal attention given to each student by everyone, from the school nurse to the principal. All teachers I have encountered have been quick to respond to emails and notes sent to school. I feel my child is safe, well educated, and cared for while she is in class.

I was shocked to see the lack of parent involvement at Kenwood. There are only a few parents who actually help the teachers and students, while the other parents show up for Awards Day. I feel the school doesn't really welcome visitors or guests. The secretary is fabulous, but the principals do not interact with parents much. Administration is ineffective in handling discipline. I saw teachers working hard for my child, but the behavior problem students refuse to allow learning in the classroom. Students are allowed to disrupt the learning environment and even physically and verbally abuse teachers, staff, parents, and other students. Threats, foul language, and fighting fill the hallways. I felt tension between administration and teachers too. There is something very negative happening at this school, and this is why we moved out of the school zone as soon as possible

I have 2 sons going to Kenwood Elem. I have another one starting this year. My oldest is struggling with reading, Language, but trying to get an IEP meeting is a hassle. I have been trying for 6 months . One says request thru your teacher. One says go to admin. Still no luck. Then I'm told if he doesn't improve by end of April 2014. He will more then likely fail this year. How the heck do you get help when no one seems to care or want to help you when needed??????? We live in the district of this school, so changing I'm sure is a bigger hassle. It's very sad what we are going thru and if he fails it's another child pushed thru the system. Make this school help their students. I have even asked the Centerstone specialist how an get help.

NEW ADMIN NEEDED! One of the most horrible experiences ever! My son is falling behind and no one seems to care. I had to call the military liaison to get the admin to respond to questions. The kids have no clue who the admin are, and quite frankly they are rude disrespectful, and completely unqualified to call themselves educators. They have repeatedly incorrectly answered questions and made inappropriate, and inaccurate comments. They refuse to handle bullying issues, even after the superintendent is involved. I have personally worked with children who fell behind and were pushed forward for number sake! (military kids will be someone else's problem in a year or two) All the children are taught on the same level, RTI is a joke (it is the same thing they are doing in class!) The children's self-confidence is in the toilet and many of them hate going to school, my son included. He's 6 yrs. old, he is not a number, he is a child who deserves love and compassion! Parent involvement is not encouraged, in fact admin act like parents don't belong at the school. Thanks for ruining his desire to learn and crushing his self confidence! I do NOT recommend this school to anyone!

This school is horrible. My daughter is in 5th grade there. Her teachers bully her and other students. When a parent does question them about it they bully the child more. It sickens me. We are trying to get through this school year since it is almost over with.

Last modified Kenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.