Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I'm saddened that many of the teachers at Kenwood have contact with children at all. Many of these teachers would do better as Dog fighters or prison guards as they lack basic human compassion.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There is no enforcement of behavior in this school and no programs in place that touch on these qualities. These qualities are not inherent in the teachers either.

This school has been a blessing for my daughter! We purchased a new home in Kenwood School district and transferred from a different local public school. I am very impressed with the personal attention given to each student by everyone, from the school nurse to the principal. All teachers I have encountered have been quick to respond to emails and notes sent to school. I feel my child is safe, well educated, and cared for while she is in class.

I was shocked to see the lack of parent involvement at Kenwood. There are only a few parents who actually help the teachers and students, while the other parents show up for Awards Day. I feel the school doesn't really welcome visitors or guests. The secretary is fabulous, but the principals do not interact with parents much. Administration is ineffective in handling discipline. I saw teachers working hard for my child, but the behavior problem students refuse to allow learning in the classroom. Students are allowed to disrupt the learning environment and even physically and verbally abuse teachers, staff, parents, and other students. Threats, foul language, and fighting fill the hallways. I felt tension between administration and teachers too. There is something very negative happening at this school, and this is why we moved out of the school zone as soon as possible

I have 2 sons going to Kenwood Elem. I have another one starting this year. My oldest is struggling with reading, Language, but trying to get an IEP meeting is a hassle. I have been trying for 6 months . One says request thru your teacher. One says go to admin. Still no luck. Then I'm told if he doesn't improve by end of April 2014. He will more then likely fail this year. How the heck do you get help when no one seems to care or want to help you when needed??????? We live in the district of this school, so changing I'm sure is a bigger hassle. It's very sad what we are going thru and if he fails it's another child pushed thru the system. Make this school help their students. I have even asked the Centerstone specialist how an get help.

NEW ADMIN NEEDED! One of the most horrible experiences ever! My son is falling behind and no one seems to care. I had to call the military liaison to get the admin to respond to questions. The kids have no clue who the admin are, and quite frankly they are rude disrespectful, and completely unqualified to call themselves educators. They have repeatedly incorrectly answered questions and made inappropriate, and inaccurate comments. They refuse to handle bullying issues, even after the superintendent is involved. I have personally worked with children who fell behind and were pushed forward for number sake! (military kids will be someone else's problem in a year or two) All the children are taught on the same level, RTI is a joke (it is the same thing they are doing in class!) The children's self-confidence is in the toilet and many of them hate going to school, my son included. He's 6 yrs. old, he is not a number, he is a child who deserves love and compassion! Parent involvement is not encouraged, in fact admin act like parents don't belong at the school. Thanks for ruining his desire to learn and crushing his self confidence! I do NOT recommend this school to anyone!

This school is horrible. My daughter is in 5th grade there. Her teachers bully her and other students. When a parent does question them about it they bully the child more. It sickens me. We are trying to get through this school year since it is almost over with.

Highly Dis-satisfied with this school. I personally feel they are going through the motions, not caring if your child does well or not. Teachers are more into texting on their phones than teaching students. Three times in the past two months, I have heard my daughter tell me the teacher stops class to answer text messages or answer cell phone. School is very undisciplined, children are going around bullying other children with no punishment. I would home school before sending my kids back...

The teachers at this school who are lazy far outweigh the few who actually care. Communication is laughable, parent involvement is ignored. They would rather fail a child than actually teach them. We will not be recommending this school to anyone. Ever. Save your child's self esteem (and your own sanity). Enroll them somewhere else.

If you have a choice, do not risk sending your child here. To say Kenwood is a disappointment is a gross understatement. My daughter has been bullied and has told her teacher about it but nothing is done except to move her seat. When I go to have lunch with her, it's everything I can do to not leave in tears. There is a general unfriendliness at this school. It's like a prison with half sized inmates. I have yet to encounter anyone who seems like they care at all about the students in attendance or that appear to want to be working there at all. My child's teacher seems like she would rather be doing anything else and has shown herself to be highly incompetent at managing to teach a second grade class without destroying a child's love of learning. I'm appalled at the way this school operates and the way faculty is allowed to speak to the students. I am completely disgusted so far.

Last modified Kenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.