Bad
Good

Kenwood Elementary School 5

Posted April 10, 2015
This school has been a blessing for my daughter! We purchased a new home in Kenwood School district and transferred from a different local public school. I am very impressed with the personal attention given to each student by everyone, from the school nurse to the principal. All teachers I have encountered have been quick to respond to emails and notes sent to school. I feel my child is safe, well educated, and cared for while she is in class.

Kenwood Elementary School 2

Posted August 19, 2014
I was shocked to see the lack of parent involvement at Kenwood. There are only a few parents who actually help the teachers and students, while the other parents show up for Awards Day. I feel the school doesn't really welcome visitors or guests. The secretary is fabulous, but the principals do not interact with parents much. Administration is ineffective in handling discipline. I saw teachers working hard for my child, but the behavior problem students refuse to allow learning in the classroom. Students are allowed to disrupt the learning environment and even physically and verbally abuse teachers, staff, parents, and other students. Threats, foul language, and fighting fill the hallways. I felt tension between administration and teachers too. There is something very negative happening at this school, and this is why we moved out of the school zone as soon as possible

Posted March 21, 2014
I have 2 sons going to Kenwood Elem. I have another one starting this year. My oldest is struggling with reading, Language, but trying to get an IEP meeting is a hassle. I have been trying for 6 months . One says request thru your teacher. One says go to admin. Still no luck. Then I'm told if he doesn't improve by end of April 2014. He will more then likely fail this year. How the heck do you get help when no one seems to care or want to help you when needed??????? We live in the district of this school, so changing I'm sure is a bigger hassle. It's very sad what we are going thru and if he fails it's another child pushed thru the system. Make this school help their students. I have even asked the Centerstone specialist how an get help.

Posted March 20, 2014
NEW ADMIN NEEDED! One of the most horrible experiences ever! My son is falling behind and no one seems to care. I had to call the military liaison to get the admin to respond to questions. The kids have no clue who the admin are, and quite frankly they are rude disrespectful, and completely unqualified to call themselves educators. They have repeatedly incorrectly answered questions and made inappropriate, and inaccurate comments. They refuse to handle bullying issues, even after the superintendent is involved. I have personally worked with children who fell behind and were pushed forward for number sake! (military kids will be someone else's problem in a year or two) All the children are taught on the same level, RTI is a joke (it is the same thing they are doing in class!) The children's self-confidence is in the toilet and many of them hate going to school, my son included. He's 6 yrs. old, he is not a number, he is a child who deserves love and compassion! Parent involvement is not encouraged, in fact admin act like parents don't belong at the school. Thanks for ruining his desire to learn and crushing his self confidence! I do NOT recommend this school to anyone!

Posted January 27, 2014
This school is horrible. My daughter is in 5th grade there. Her teachers bully her and other students. When a parent does question them about it they bully the child more. It sickens me. We are trying to get through this school year since it is almost over with.

Posted December 12, 2013
Highly Dis-satisfied with this school. I personally feel they are going through the motions, not caring if your child does well or not. Teachers are more into texting on their phones than teaching students. Three times in the past two months, I have heard my daughter tell me the teacher stops class to answer text messages or answer cell phone. School is very undisciplined, children are going around bullying other children with no punishment. I would home school before sending my kids back...

Posted November 21, 2013
The teachers at this school who are lazy far outweigh the few who actually care. Communication is laughable, parent involvement is ignored. They would rather fail a child than actually teach them. We will not be recommending this school to anyone. Ever. Save your child's self esteem (and your own sanity). Enroll them somewhere else.

Posted August 22, 2013
If you have a choice, do not risk sending your child here. To say Kenwood is a disappointment is a gross understatement. My daughter has been bullied and has told her teacher about it but nothing is done except to move her seat. When I go to have lunch with her, it's everything I can do to not leave in tears. There is a general unfriendliness at this school. It's like a prison with half sized inmates. I have yet to encounter anyone who seems like they care at all about the students in attendance or that appear to want to be working there at all. My child's teacher seems like she would rather be doing anything else and has shown herself to be highly incompetent at managing to teach a second grade class without destroying a child's love of learning. I'm appalled at the way this school operates and the way faculty is allowed to speak to the students. I am completely disgusted so far.

Posted June 27, 2013
School needs new leadership. If the country's standards of measurement for an actual education was more then 4 days worth of test scores, this school would not measure up. Just one more sad example of a few good teachers in a poorly managed school without many experienced educators.

Kenwood Elementary School 3

Posted February 02, 2012
My children attend KES. The positives are that parent involvement is encouraged, communication from the school is wonderful, and there are many little things that I love! My 3rd grader has an AMAZING teacher (H). There are not words to describe how wonderful she is. My kindergartner, however, is a whole other story. His teacher (C) is belittling, lazy and sometimes just out and out mean. She doesn't have the patience to be a kindergarten teacher. Also, she misspells almost every other word in every letter she ever sends home. I expect my children's teachers to be EDUCATED. Furthermore, he has nightmares about her and comes home crying almost everyday. Every attempt I have made to switch classrooms has been stopped. My youngest will be in Kindergarten next year, and you can bet he will not be in her classroom, possibly not even in this school. I'm seriously considering switching schools, even if it means paying for private school or quitting my job to homeschool.

Kenwood Elementary School
1101 Peachers Mill Road, Clarksville, TN  37042
Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. (931) 553-2059
Last modified Kenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.