Posted October 07, 2013
This is our fifth year at Sango, and we are sad to be moving. The faculty and staff have been excellent. They have worked with my children to help them excel and considered their individual needs. We've been so blessed to have our children here.

Sango Elementary School 1

Posted October 02, 2013
This school only cares about test scores they do not care about the children. If a child try's to be a child they are wrote up. If you want your child to do homework from the time they get home until they go to bed this is the school for you. There are very few teachers who truly care about children if your child has any special needs go somewhere else if you have boys expect a letter wanting an ADD/ADHD SCREANING because in this school children are expected to be mini adults. They rarely go outside for recess because they say its to hot or to cold instead the children have quiet indoor time. Children are going to have extra energyif they cant run it off and be children. If you have an issue and need to talk to the principal save yourself the time and just talk to a brick wall that will be more productive. We are currently moving just to get out of this school.

Sango Elementary School 3

Posted October 01, 2013
It seems to be a good safe school to send you kids. Teachers seem caring, but be prepared to enroll your kids in the military! Factuality bully kids with constant write ups for the dumbest things! My son got a write up cause a child went to tattle on another child and mistakenly said the wrong name. So we explained this to the factuality and they did not care. Also be prepared to be spending every night doing school work and avoid extra circulars activities because they won't have time.

Sango Elementary School 4

Posted June 29, 2013
Overall, this is an excellent school. I feel completely safe with my children here every day. The school is very well organized and for the most part; efficient on every level. The academics are challenging and their are many caring teachers. The only area that concerns me is the most of extensive pressure put on children at TCAP time. It is discussed from the start of the year and my children missed many recess times at the end of the year with reviews. They "teach for the test" a great deal here and although I believe in setting a high standard-the amount of pressure on the children to "preform" on TCAP is too much. Overall, this school is a very good experience; but they should consider their overall approach to the state testing with students.

Posted September 28, 2012
You can volunteer at the school usually are by joining the PTA and also by the teacher sending out newsletters or emails asking you to volunteer for certain things in the classroom. They just sent out flyers asking people to volunteer to work the book fair. Yes the car circle is very slow but that is my only complaint. The school welcomes parents to come eat lunch with their kids and even have tables set aside for this purpose. My child is thriving in this school and is happy.

Sango Elementary School 2

Posted August 14, 2012
The office staff is very dry and not very welcoming. Instead of a "hi, how can I help you" it is more like "what do you want" attitude. The previous review that mentioned that they go to the school to see their son...well, the school must have changed their policies because I couldn't even get past the front desk without an appointment either with my child's teacher or to even get to the library to assit the librarian...so much for them making it easy to volunteer. The car circle is extremely slow and if you end up at the end of the line, then you can probably expect for your child to wait outside for 20 to 30 minutes before you are up front. Your child either rides the bus or you use the car circle. There are no other ways to pick up your child unless you sign him/her out early. I have def seen more efficient use of a car circle. This review is not acadeic based but policy an service based.

Sango Elementary School 3

Posted January 31, 2012
The only parents that don't have a problem with the demographic break down at Sango are the 84%. I'm disappointed in the lack of diversity among the staff at Sango. I'm grateful that my son will be attending Caramel Elementary in August. There is definitely a lack of consideration of others at this school. The school secretary had the audacity to ask me if my son and I have the same last name? This wouldn't have been a big deal had she asked the white lady who was also signing in to eat lunch with her child the same question. Never assume it only shows your ignorance and lack of professionalism!

Sango Elementary School 1

Posted January 29, 2012
This site reports the child ethnicity ratio as 84% white, and a combined 15% other. I'm curious to know the teacher ethnicity ratio. I've heard horror stories of staff leaders accusing children of color of using profanity simply because the staff member did not understand the dialect of the given child. Also some rules of sending children having difficulty in class to another class with upper-level, older children. I don't see how that is conducive to learning and I don't think it is why my taxes help pay teachers salaries. With such a large mismatch of cultures, I wonder if the teachers receive training in diversity.

Posted August 28, 2011
Strong leadership. Excellent and caring teachers. An abundance of extracurricular activities that teachers run on their own time.

Posted July 26, 2011
We moved across town so that my son could attend Sango, and I could not ask for a better school. The teachers and the staff have been extremely helpful and patient in working with my son and I. They are very quick, responsive and on the ball in responding to requests for LD testing, and in maintaining open lines of communication. Though my son is still struggling due to ADHD and LD, I feel that they went above and beyond the call of duty in the accommodation they provided. Thank you, Sango!

Sango Elementary School
3585 Sango Rd, Clarksville, TN  37043
Last modified Sango Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sango Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top