Clarksville, TN

Posted April 02, 2015
We love Sango Elementary!! We moved from Florida and were worried about our then upcoming 1st grader. He attended a charter school in Florida. Obviously one teacher can make or break your experience, but for us we have had two great teachers. Yes, with todays ratios in the classes teachers have to be firm. For our son this was perfect. Mrs Hedrick was recently promoted to Principle this year and has continued doing a wonderful job. -- My husband went to a Dads and Donuts Day with my son and he was blown away by the representation of the fathers. Parent's are involved at Sango. We would be devastated if school zones moved and we had to move to another school.

Posted March 25, 2015
My nephew is being bullied and no one with authority at the school is doing anything about it! His mother brought this to the attention of several administrators including the principal, still nothing is being done! No child should be afraid of going to school and definitely should not be coming home with a black eye and bruises on his body! Shame on you for not protecting those children!
4 people found this helpful

Posted January 10, 2015
I am truly appalled at how they treat the children. They hand out formal write ups for kids being kids. They write ups are used so much they loose the affect on the children because they get them daily. The office staff is horrible and very rude. The librarian is horrible and wants absolute perfection out of children. They hardly have outdoor recess and instead hold "quiet" time indoors. My children are bursting by the time they get home. We are moving just to get out of this school.
6 people found this helpful

Posted January 07, 2015
We moved here from California, based our decision on buying a home based on the schools, seen a few negatives about Sango Elem but overall they rated a 10! Lol that's a joke! I would not recommended this school to any parent! My son has had nothing but issues, the teacher are mean and rude. The office women are also very rude. It's all about test scores and which school is the best! I felt they do not care about my children education at all! They just want to be the best school in Tennessee and will stop at nothing to keep that reputation! It's ridiculous! We been to many states with my husband being a Marine with 5 children we've had our fare share of schools! Out of 15 years in which my children stared school this is the worst school we've attended!
7 people found this helpful

Posted October 07, 2013
This is our fifth year at Sango, and we are sad to be moving. The faculty and staff have been excellent. They have worked with my children to help them excel and considered their individual needs. We've been so blessed to have our children here.

Posted October 02, 2013
This school only cares about test scores they do not care about the children. If a child try's to be a child they are wrote up. If you want your child to do homework from the time they get home until they go to bed this is the school for you. There are very few teachers who truly care about children if your child has any special needs go somewhere else if you have boys expect a letter wanting an ADD/ADHD SCREANING because in this school children are expected to be mini adults. They rarely go outside for recess because they say its to hot or to cold instead the children have quiet indoor time. Children are going to have extra energyif they cant run it off and be children. If you have an issue and need to talk to the principal save yourself the time and just talk to a brick wall that will be more productive. We are currently moving just to get out of this school.
3 people found this helpful

Sango Elementary School 3

Posted October 01, 2013
It seems to be a good safe school to send you kids. Teachers seem caring, but be prepared to enroll your kids in the military! Factuality bully kids with constant write ups for the dumbest things! My son got a write up cause a child went to tattle on another child and mistakenly said the wrong name. So we explained this to the factuality and they did not care. Also be prepared to be spending every night doing school work and avoid extra circulars activities because they won't have time.
2 people found this helpful

Sango Elementary School 4

Posted June 29, 2013
Overall, this is an excellent school. I feel completely safe with my children here every day. The school is very well organized and for the most part; efficient on every level. The academics are challenging and their are many caring teachers. The only area that concerns me is the most of extensive pressure put on children at TCAP time. It is discussed from the start of the year and my children missed many recess times at the end of the year with reviews. They "teach for the test" a great deal here and although I believe in setting a high standard-the amount of pressure on the children to "preform" on TCAP is too much. Overall, this school is a very good experience; but they should consider their overall approach to the state testing with students.

Posted September 28, 2012
You can volunteer at the school usually are by joining the PTA and also by the teacher sending out newsletters or emails asking you to volunteer for certain things in the classroom. They just sent out flyers asking people to volunteer to work the book fair. Yes the car circle is very slow but that is my only complaint. The school welcomes parents to come eat lunch with their kids and even have tables set aside for this purpose. My child is thriving in this school and is happy.

Sango Elementary School 2

Posted August 14, 2012
The office staff is very dry and not very welcoming. Instead of a "hi, how can I help you" it is more like "what do you want" attitude. The previous review that mentioned that they go to the school to see their son...well, the school must have changed their policies because I couldn't even get past the front desk without an appointment either with my child's teacher or to even get to the library to assit the librarian...so much for them making it easy to volunteer. The car circle is extremely slow and if you end up at the end of the line, then you can probably expect for your child to wait outside for 20 to 30 minutes before you are up front. Your child either rides the bus or you use the car circle. There are no other ways to pick up your child unless you sign him/her out early. I have def seen more efficient use of a car circle. This review is not acadeic based but policy an service based.
3 people found this helpful

Sango Elementary School
3585 Sango Road, Clarksville, TN  37043
Last modified Sango Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sango Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top