Clarksville, TN

Posted March 08, 2015
Being a military family, new to the Clarksville area, I was worried about sending my kids to two different elementary schools. But now that they have been here nearly a year they are both thriving. They both never want to move because they love it so much. I am impressed with the level of communication with the parents as well as the awesome bus system. And the teachers are ... AWESOME! We are proud to be St. Bethlehem Bees and Burt Tigers!

Burt Elementary School 1

Posted July 23, 2014
The staff that handled my child needed training in compassion. I went to them with an issue and got told my child was a tattle tale and deserved it. They also told us both for my child to stop fighting back with the kids who picked on her. My child was suicidal by the age of 10 thanks to the staff and the school. I would rather sit in jail for truancy than allow any more of my kids into this school.

Posted April 18, 2010
Wonderful school where all the teachers and faculty care about the students. Any child would be lucky to go here.

Burt Elementary School 4

Posted April 04, 2009
It is a good school. we like the teachers and the Principal

Posted June 22, 2008
I just can not understand how someone could be unhappy with this school. From what I have seen, the teachers work hard to help the students. The children are encouraged to use their imagination outside instead of playing on equipment. This is the best kept secret in Clarksville! 1

Burt Elementary School

Posted May 26, 2008
We withdrew our son and are now homeschooling until he reaches middle school age. I was very disappointed in this school. By the way this school has no playground equipment, and is located in a dangerous area.

Posted May 18, 2008
Yes, this is an older school, but it has a rich history. The kids have plenty of room to play outside, and have something that no other elementary has: the chance for students to have gym each day. The teachers are awesome, and Mrs. Gudgeon is a caring, wonderful principal. I wouldn't send my kids to the private schools here- the teachers are less certified than the public school ones.

Burt Elementary School 1

Posted April 24, 2008
We were very disappointed in this school in almost every respect. The school is located in a bad location for children, the facility is very old and worn, and (after several attempts) the faculty was unable to help us with 'disruptive' behaviors. With no other choice, we were eventually forced place our child in a private school.

Posted May 18, 2007
I feel that this school is a hidden gem in Clarksville. The teachers and administrator care. Any child would be lucky to attend Burt. Thanks for all the hard work!

Posted May 24, 2005
24 May 2005 I went to Burt from 1998-1999. The experiences that I had there have made a profound inpact on my life. Even as a high school junior, I still use the skills taught in that school. the staff is awesome and really try to help the students learn. I highly recommend Burt Elementary for any student who is young enough to attend.

Burt Elementary School
110 Bailey Street, Clarksville, TN  37040
Last modified Burt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burt Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top