Bad
Good

Valley View is a small, happy school where the teachers know most of the kids, even the ones not in their class. The school is clean and inviting and I feel that my children are getting a great education there. The staff is invested in the well-being of the whole child and they strive to make learning fun. My kids are not just a number at Valley View.

I went to Valley View, my children and now my grandchildren attend Valley View. It is a great school.

Valley View is an amazing school! My child went to school there for 6 years. I disagree with the previous comment. They do have a playground, and the gym/bathroom area had problems during basketball season, which is the responsibility of the rec. department, not the school. The teachers and principal are very caring!!!

I have noticed a rapid decline at VV over the past 3 years. It's nothing like it was when my eldest first attended. The area is poor, the children are unruly, and therefore, it's not the best crowd of children and parents. Almost 80% of this school receive a free/reduced lunch. They have a great music program but I didn't see anything special happen this year. The gym is in horrible condition and the toilets are always clogged/overflowing. They have no playground except for the pre-k area and the baseball field is a disgrace. They should really bulldoze this building and start new. I'm seriously thinking of pulling my kid out and commuting her to another school.

I love this school! Wonderful teachers, staff and principal! They all go above and beyond to help the students and to make this school the best! My son is going into second grade and we have had nothing but positive experiences! Valley View Rocks!!!!!

Valley View School has excellent teachers and leadership..Even the people who work at the school in all other capacities..The attitude of all of them is one of honest caring for the children and true devotion to giving their best for them..and I have noticed that parent involvement is high because the parents know these people are giving their best! I have the highest of praise for this wonderful school!

This is a great academic place for kids to attend. It has been a place that all my grandchilren have and are attending, and dates back to when my cousins attended it as well. They have excellent teachers, and staff that work with parents in maintaining high levels of interests that make it fun for the children to learn. The children are also taught to respect other peers. Just a great school all around.

I want to say that the staff at Valley View have done an excellant job.

My son had special behavoiral needs that a nother school could not and would not adress . I changed to vally veiw and not only did they already have the means to help him but they were and are very possitive. Thank you vally veiw

Me and my husband just love this school! The teachers are great. Mrs McSpaden is the best first grade teacher out there. She is great with the kids. And Mrs. Cameron is wonderful with the kindergardeners. she has so much patients with the kids. And Ms. Pierce is her helper and she loves and really cares about the kids. The princepal Mrs Ledford keeps us well informed with what is going on in and around the school. My daughter had a rough couple of days last year due to a bad dream and she got upset over it while she was at school and Mrs. Ledford took her under her wings and helped her out. She is one of a kind.

Last modified Valley View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.