Cleveland, TN

Posted May 15, 2013
My child attended Stuart Elementary, She started Kindergarten this year and It it was a wonderful experience. Stuart is FABULOUS. Her teachers were enthusiastic and the Principal is always around and actively involved which was extremely comforting. We are really thankful she got such a positive start with school and love to see her excitement for learning. Thanks Stuart Elementary!!

George R Stuart 1

Posted April 03, 2009

George R Stuart 2

Posted August 05, 2005
My child has attented Stuart, since Kindergarten (4 years now) and I feel this is just an ok school. There really insn't much parent involement. On the other hand Mrs Yowarski is the best teacher my son has had yet. There isn't much of a music program or sport activities for the young kids. On a scale of 1 -10 George R. Stuart rates a 5.

Posted May 15, 2005
- a former student

Posted May 19, 2004
I think the Kindergarten Academy at Stuart is a standard for the rest of the system to live up to. Carla Lee is awesome. She went above and beyond the call of duty. It will be tough to equal the experience my daughter had in her class throughout the rest of her education. Thanks Mrs Lee!

Posted May 03, 2004
I think Stuart is great! The principal is always around. There have been many times when I needed to speak to him and he has been right there, not hesitating to talk. The parent involvement is wonderful and the teachers are caring. It is so different than the other schools we toured. I am pleased with everything, I cannot say that about anywhere else.

George R Stuart 2

Posted February 17, 2004
My son attended Mayfield prior to Stuart, and the difference is striking. My son has been at Stuart since the beginning of this school year, and I have yet to even see the principal. Or, for that matter, the crossing guard. The individual teachers seem good, but that comes across as just that, individual, no school unity.

Posted August 27, 2003
I moved to the Stuart school zone because it had such a good reputation. I haven't been disappointed. My child has been attending since kindergarten and loves it there. The teachers are so caring to all students. It has the best parent involvement that I am aware of anywhere. Parents are reading to students, helping with Wordly Wise, music, and art and many other activities. The TCAP scores are outstanding at Stuart. Discipline is excellent, and the students are able to concentrate on learning at this school with few interuptions of teacher/student time.

Posted August 27, 2003
I have two daughters who have attended Stuart Elementary. When my husband and I began our search for a home in Cleveland (even before we had children), we did not consider any other school zone except for Stuart Elementary. I have felt that both of my daughters have been nurtured by professional and caring teachers. The encouraged parental involvement is incredible! We love Stuart Elementary!

Posted August 26, 2003
I love Stuart! I attended Stuart as a kid and my daughter loves the fact that she is attending the same school as her mother. My daughter loves all the teachers and especially the Mr Goff, the principal. The parent involvment is wonderful! There could be more extracuricular activities, but kids at this age really don't need too much on their plate to be able to focus on the things they really need. I think of Stuart as Home. And I feel that I'm not the only parent that would say the same thing.

George R Stuart
802 20th NW St, Cleveland, TN  37311
Last modified George R Stuart is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George R Stuart Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top