Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted July 16, 2015
Mayfield is wonderful and diverse. The teachers are amazing! I feel Mayfield is judged unfairly because of the diversity. Many children only know English as their second language. It's also clean. They're working on progressing the school, they still need a little work with friendliness and creating a community-type environment, but overall it's great! (This is our 4th year @ Mayfield).

Mayfield Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 16, 2015
We've had Mrs.Parker, Mrs.Adams, Mrs.Moore, and Mrs.Sampson. We've loved each of them! They're all great teachers, organized, kind and hard-working. It's still improving on some things like community/school spirit, but I think it gets a bad wrap in general scoring because of test scores. Mayfield is very diverse and many of the students only speak English as their second language. I feel like their language barrier effects their scores. The diversity is another reason Mayfield is great, it prepares children for the real-world and breaks down the "sheltering" that occurs in small towns. Mr. Kiser was a wonderful, engaging, kind and charismatic leader; we can only hope Mayfield continues to progress with Mr. Stephens.

Mayfield Elementary School 1

Posted September 03, 2014
I was really disappointed to come to this school,because teachers were really mean and not attentive to my child,the service is also really bad, administration didn't do request at all, cafeteria food is also unsatisfactory, please be aware to come to this school. From outside seems good but inside is chaos. I'm really really disappointed, I will take out my child from this school, just horrible place!!!

Posted August 20, 2013
Both of my daughters go to Mayfield. One is in 3rd grade and the other is in 2nd grade. The teachers are great here and the school is very clean. Mayfield has a great Basketball program for the kids boys and girls. The only thing I see wrong here is lice because they dont tell you when there is lice going around. Over all great school

Posted October 12, 2012
My son is attending at Mayfield Elementary School.He is on 2nd grade now, He is improving on reading,and he's reading everywhere and everything. I thank his teacher Mrs. Sampson for all her support. What I really like this year, is that PTO group is doing all of their meeting in English and Spanish, I love that, as hispanic . Now I feel part of my son's education.I really want to thank all the staff and teachers of Mayfield. And specially to Mrs. Finison(the principal)......

Mayfield Elementary School 4

Posted July 25, 2012
My daughter attended Mayfield Elementary during 2012. At first my daughter was bullied and the issue was said to have been resolved through the principal and my child's teacher, but unfortunately I had to write a note to the child myself in order for the bullying to cease. I would have to say that this school is by far the highest rated school in my person "Mom Book." The staff was always enthusiastic, courteous and friendly. The facility was admirable, clean and safe. The only thing I would change is the way the children's play area is located. In my opinion it should be fenced. My husband's opinion of the school isn't as positive as mine, but that is due to the word's and attitude our daughter picked up from the other children attending the school. Thank you so much for giving us a great experience with your school Mayfield! We wish our children could attend this year but unfortunately we have relocated. :/ HAVE A GREAT YEAR!!! Blessings~

Posted May 31, 2010
School facilities are outstanding. Teachers are dedicated and skilled. Principal is involved and caring. Great school.

Mayfield Elementary School 1

Posted November 14, 2008
I have to admit that I cannot see how this school is rated so high. The teachers are good, but they are seriously understaffed. The administration is nothing short of awful! We are pulling our child out of this school at the end of the school year or maybe at Christmas. Beware!

Posted May 16, 2007
I have a child in kindergarten this year and I am thoroughly impressed with this school. My child has a reading group in which he was required to bring a different book home every night and read to me. So not only is he getting practice at school he is also getting reinforcement at home. I love it! Everyone is wonderful with the kids from the front desk to the classroom. I was also pleased with the school's sports teams, music class, computer class, and creative and fun art assignments (that sometimes also triggered parent involvement). The only thing that I would have changed was the facility. That will change next year because Mayfield is getting a new facility. Needless to say, I was very happy with Mayfield this year and so was my child.

Mayfield Elementary School
501 20th Street Northeast, Cleveland, TN  37311
Last modified Mayfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.