Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My child has been enrolled at this school for 3 years. We have had previous experience with other schools and districts. I give this school a 5 for safety but a 2 in all other areas. The principal and teachers seem only interested in numbers on paper that affects their pay. My student is an above average, excelled student that has received only the highest markings in subjects until attending this school. The teachers purposefully give all perfect markings students less than perfect marks on their report cards at the beginning of the year. They do this so they can show on paper to the state that they are making improvements with every student. Apparently this affects the teachers salary. One of the teachers told me this. Also, students that need extra help arent getting the help they need and those students grades are purposefully being fixed too. To make matters worse, bullying is not addressed appropriately and issues of this nature are being ignored and hidden. My child was told that he didnt know what bullying was and to stop tattling when he told the techer that some of the other students where calling him bad names, picking on him, and not allowing him to participate with the group. The school is only interested in numbers on paper and how their paychecks are effected. They do not care about the students as people. We are moving next month to get my child out of this school zone.

It has it's pro's and con's just like any other schools. We've never had a problem with this school. They are always trying to get parents involved in activities. They have an awesome music program.

First off I went to school here. It was t.c. bower . I started here in kindergarten in 1979. This school and the teachers taught me so much. I am 40 years old. My brother went to school there also. He is 35 years old. My oldest daughter Brooke smith went to school there . she was taught so much. She has graduated from Bradley high school(go bears) a bear scholar and a Tennessee scholar. The faculty and staff taught my family so much and now my youngest daughter is there . Abigail smith. Blythe bower has meant so much to my family. I greatly appreciate the faculty and all the staff. And...... Go bobcats!!!!

Blythe Bower Elementary school is a wonderful school my child has learned so much and is always happy and smiling when she comes home. I couldn't be happier with the way her first year of school has gone. I want to thank all the teachers and staff for helping her to transition easily.

This is not my school any more. We moved to the Valley View School District. Blythe-Bower is a good school. The teachers are great.

Blythe- Bower is a great school. As a new teacher I have been welcomed and they have been great to work with. I have been so impressed with their reading program. It is amazing how much small group help they give each student on a daily basis. I have watched my students grow so much academically, especially in the area of reading. I know I could not have achieved this on my own. Thanks to the 13 other staff members that helped my students reach their highest reading level possible this year. I love this school!

My 8 year old came home and told me, "Mrs. SO AND SO, said whoever helped with my homework didn't know what she was doing!" Uh, here's an idea DO THE JOB YOU'RE PAID TO DO AND DON'T GIVE HOMEWORK, Mrs. KNOW IT ALL (NOT)! NOW my son won't let me help him, all because of one of the teachers in 3rd grade! Thanks alot! He doesn't want me to send a note to her because he said she JUST started being nice to him again. But by virtue of the fact that a teacher would have the nerve to say THAT to one of the kids, makes that school HORRIBLE! If thats what they let their tenured teachers get away with - I'll be looking for another school next year cause I'm tired of being talked about to my kids BY THESE SO CALLED TEACHERS! I guess it's true, "those who can, DO, those who can't TEACH", or at least the saying is true for THAT SO CALLED TEACHER! And my parent involvement has NOTHING to do with it! I've been a parent at that school for the past 15 years (as I have a 20 year old daughter in medical school right now who went there) and I was plenty involved for the first FEW years, but hey, THAT IS THEIR JOB to teach them THERE! The kids have to have SOME free time, and thats what home is for!

I'm a very proud parent of 3 students at this school but the school itself I'm. Not proud of the students are overly worked at school and home by a certain teacher the principles involvement with the parents to resolve long overdue problems has been put off. Repeatedly since November of last year and then even with other parental back-up both assistant and principle will only agree with what the teacher says when you have 2 educationally challenged children and no help from teachers that want to send a student home with anywhere from 25 to 80 pages of work home Monday through Friday at the same grade level as other children and expect that student to have no problem understanding or. doing the work when that student is almost 3 grade levels behind their actual grade and has gone from a higher grade of understanding to a 65% decrease

When our family moved from Arizona, I was nervous about the school systems in TN being different. I was thrilled when the teachers and support staff made us feel very welcomed. They answer any questions we have and help us make the best decisions for our child s education. The school is very open and accepting to parent involvement; this includes the parents as well as grandparents and great-grandparents. These variables alone have tremendously helped our child adapt to the new location with ease. Our child really enjoys learning more than ever, especially due to the amazing reading program, which I can t say enough about . On a side note: We, the parents and students, make our school experience what we want it to be.

I didn't care for this school and its methods of teaching. The environment was not friendly. I decided to move my child to one of the better ones of cleveland. He loves his new school.

Last modified Blythe- Bower Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.