Cleveland, TN

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 26, 2015
After sending 2 students all the way through Black Fox, I can certainly attest to the focus and development of character issues and why they matter. Students are rewarded often and disciplined when necessary.

Posted July 26, 2015
The principal, teachers and SRO make the students feel safe, important and encouraged. The sense of community that they create and sustain is unmatched anywhere else. I wish the school still went through 8th grade like it did in the past. Black Fox quickly becomes part of your family - and the principal is second to none! I have never known one person to care so sincerely about so many students every need, inside of school and out. Priceless!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 26, 2015
I have 2 kids that spent all of their elementary years at Black Fox. As a parent, the teachers we had went way beyond the extra mile to get to know each of the children in their class. They care about what is going on in their lives. My children learned so many formative qualities while at this school. One quality was definitely compassion for others - modeled by their exceptional principal! Each teacher we had was accessible by phone & email & I was never turned away when requesting a one-on-one conference. Several teachers, including the reading recovery teacher, went far and above in working with our son & his challenges in learning. We loved the atmosphere of Black Fox and still return for events because of the amazing sense of community that still exists there.

Black Fox Elementary School 1

Posted November 21, 2014
I have family that goes to black fox and they love the teachers. They learn a lot but the school in general is horrible. The cafe staff is horrible. They give kids that are allergic to stuff to eat for lunch. They write on them. The principal is horrible. They need a new one.

Posted September 26, 2013
We are grandparents who have a granddaughter in the first grade at Black Fox. We went to the Grandparents' Day Night and loved her teacher. We were very impressed with the learning materials available for students and individual student's work displayed on the hall walls. We were impressed with the computer lab also. Everyone was friendly and enthusiastic. We could tell our granddaughter really loves her teachers, friends, and has learned so much already. Keep up the great work Black Fox Elementary! You know a school is great when your granddaughter looks forward to climbing the bus steps each weekday to begin another exciting day of learning with teachers who really care.:)

Posted September 26, 2013
Great school! Granddaughter loves it. Great teachers. Wonderful learning surroundings in the classrooms. Displays of work in hallways indicate an effective learning environment.

Posted September 26, 2013
Great school. Energetic and enthusiastic teachers who love teaching children. The cafeteria has very healthy food. The after school program is fantastic.Friendly, safe bus drivers .

Posted August 04, 2011
My family LOVES Black Fox. When my oldest graduated from 5th grade last spring, he was so upset that he wouldn't be able to come back to Black Fox. The teachers are wonderful and very caring. The principal is amazing. She really makes it feel like a family. She knows every student's name and which parent they go with. Kudos! My youngest will bein second grade and I look forward to more wonderful experiences at Black Fox.

Posted July 12, 2011
I have three grown children who attended Black Fox, and now my grandchildren will start in the fall. My children have excelled in academics through college and in their careers thanks to their excellent education base at Black Fox Elementary School. I look forward to my grandkids achieving even greater heights!

Posted October 30, 2009
we moved from the UK to TN. to Black fox school.. Every School should be like this school. Its a wonderful school, the teachers are happy, the kids are happy, happy kids are keen kids. I recommend the school to everyone.

3119 Varnell Road, Cleveland, TN  37311
Last modified Black Fox Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Black Fox Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top