Cleveland, TN
Students enrolled: 1,257

Posted November 01, 2013
Ocoee Middle School. This is the best school in the district. No you do not have to be an athlete to attend. I played football on my 8th grade year and still noticed no difference in the curriculum I was taught. I highly recommend this school

Posted July 14, 2013
Oms is such a wonderful school with excellent, caring, and attentive teachers! I've had nothing but a wonderful experience. They also have wonderful athletic programs that young children can become apart of. We have been nothing but pleased with the wrestling program/coaches and all the great qualities they bring out in our young children. We highly recommend this school!

Posted May 16, 2013
I've been around this school a lot of times and I think it is a wonderful school all who teacher at the school do a great job and I thank you very much.

Ocoee Middle School 3

Posted April 09, 2012
OMS has as many Pros as Cons but none of the Cons are due to a lack of heart, excellent teaching, or academic offererings. Teachers at this school are very attentive to the academic objectives set forth by the state and national Departments of Education. Paired with that are the massive hearts of love and concern shown for each and every child that comes through the school. Honestly, there are bullying problems, however, the school administration and teachers have an excellent bullying prevention program in place to help with this. The bottom line is that children can be very sneaky and although every parent would like to think their child is incapable of teasing, being rude to, or even hitting another child, that is most often just not the case. Children have got to learn to stand up for what is right, regardless of what others are doing around them. One teacher can not possible monitor halls, classroom, bathrooms, etc...all at one time or catch every act of aggression. OMS has top-notch academics, top quality teachers, and a principal with vision. If you want your child to do well in this school, or any other for that matter, you must first teach them to handle adversity.

Ocoee Middle School 1

Posted January 06, 2012
the worse school in bradley county. very poor staff, these people care nothing about your child. i do not recommend this school.

Ocoee Middle School 1

Posted January 01, 2012
I currently go to OMS and I would NOT recommend anyone to go to this school I am currently bullied every day my mom and Mammaw Has both gone to the principal and nothing was done. I got sent to the hospital from this one girl and they were not going to do anything until we mentioned the trip to the hospital. If your son or daughter is prepared to get bullied then send them here to OMS!

Ocoee Middle School 4

Posted April 18, 2010
Overall it is an excellent school. As with any school you are going to encounter problem with faculty and administrators, but most problems I encountered were easily worked out. The new additions to the school have certainly brought the school up to date. The main flaw of this school is the lack of outside academic and physical opportunities for students. Your child should enjoy going here, but in some aspects may be unprepared for High School.

Posted November 29, 2009

Ocoee Middle School 4

Posted September 21, 2009
i love our school its eally awesome theteachrs are great andw have lots of activities we can particpate in. I love oms!

Ocoee Middle School 2

Posted June 28, 2009
The teachers don't keep up with there onine curriculums. Had much difficulty getting teachers to correspond via email. Most test seem to be open book and if the student does not do well the first time they get to take it again. The pay way too much attention to the state test scores instead of giving attention to the students on their regular studies

Ocoee Middle School
2250 North Ocoee St, Cleveland, TN  37311
Last modified Ocoee Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ocoee Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top