Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

We've had several instances where communication is lacking or poor. They seem to be disorganized at times and not all the staff are on the same page. One person might tell you one thing only to have another staff member tell you something different. I had higher expectations for this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Most of them are outstanding! But like in any school, there are a few who aren't as committed as they should be.

I can't speak enough good about this school. It is a very strong school community. My children have loved their teachers and there is a strong emphasis on learning. My only complaint would be that sometimes there is too much going on. Too many activities to participate in, too many dress up days, etc. It's hard to keep up! ;)

Excellent school with gifted teachers. Enrichment available to all students in all grades. Our children have excelled at this school.

This is great elementary school because each child is an individual, and is treated like they are important,and are taught to their level regardless of grade.

This is the best school in the area right now. We selected Crosswind over private because it is better. If they gave us private for free and charged for Crosswinds, we would pay. I went to a local private school by the way. If you value parental involvement and great performance at every level then this is the school to choose. Did I mention that it is free!!

We have moved alot and and have had children in elementary schools in three states. We have always been deeply concerned in the value of our children's education. We have had 2 children attend Crosswinds, including our first grader this year. This is a great school with involved, professional teachers and staff. Mrs. Lamkins is amazing - she knows every child's name! Any parent should rest easy knowing that their child will receive a quality, well rounded experience at Crosswinds.

I agree, Kindergarten is very rigid. My daughter just completed kindergarten but she did learn a lot and received a good foundation for her learning. I do believe that more creativity and social opportunity would benefit the children at this age. What happened to show and tell?

Kindergarten is extremely rigid, little value is placed on the value of the individual child. Children begin kindergarten here with the expectation that they will misbehave and the teaching approach is consistently punitive. Play in kindergarten is openly discouraged and environment is heavily structured. I found it to be an inappropriate learning environment for 5 and 6 year olds, one that seems to disregard lastest learning and research on the best ways to teach young children. We withdrew our child.

There are plenty of extra curricular activities at crosswind. This is our first year at Crosswind and we are truly impressed. Moving my kids from an extreamly expensive private school in Germantown I was nervous but this school has more than exceeded my expectations. My husband and I feel like fools for spending all the money on private shcool when this school is run just as well (mabey even better because Ms Lampkins-the principle is wonderful and runs an fabulous school). The teachers are great and really care for the kids and the parent involvement is extremely high,

Last modified Crosswind Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.