Collierville, TN

Posted June 12, 2011
Excellent school with gifted teachers. Enrichment available to all students in all grades. Our children have excelled at this school.

Crosswind Elementary School 0

Posted September 23, 2010
This is great elementary school because each child is an individual, and is treated like they are important,and are taught to their level regardless of grade.

Posted March 02, 2009
This is the best school in the area right now. We selected Crosswind over private because it is better. If they gave us private for free and charged for Crosswinds, we would pay. I went to a local private school by the way. If you value parental involvement and great performance at every level then this is the school to choose. Did I mention that it is free!!

Posted August 10, 2008
We have moved alot and and have had children in elementary schools in three states. We have always been deeply concerned in the value of our children's education. We have had 2 children attend Crosswinds, including our first grader this year. This is a great school with involved, professional teachers and staff. Mrs. Lamkins is amazing - she knows every child's name! Any parent should rest easy knowing that their child will receive a quality, well rounded experience at Crosswinds.

Crosswind Elementary School 3

Posted June 06, 2008
I agree, Kindergarten is very rigid. My daughter just completed kindergarten but she did learn a lot and received a good foundation for her learning. I do believe that more creativity and social opportunity would benefit the children at this age. What happened to show and tell?

Crosswind Elementary School 1

Posted May 03, 2008

Posted January 30, 2008

Crosswind Elementary School 1

Posted January 22, 2008
Kindergarten is extremely rigid, little value is placed on the value of the individual child. Children begin kindergarten here with the expectation that they will misbehave and the teaching approach is consistently punitive. Play in kindergarten is openly discouraged and environment is heavily structured. I found it to be an inappropriate learning environment for 5 and 6 year olds, one that seems to disregard lastest learning and research on the best ways to teach young children. We withdrew our child.

Posted January 15, 2008
There are plenty of extra curricular activities at crosswind. This is our first year at Crosswind and we are truly impressed. Moving my kids from an extreamly expensive private school in Germantown I was nervous but this school has more than exceeded my expectations. My husband and I feel like fools for spending all the money on private shcool when this school is run just as well (mabey even better because Ms Lampkins-the principle is wonderful and runs an fabulous school). The teachers are great and really care for the kids and the parent involvement is extremely high,

Crosswind Elementary School 0

Posted September 05, 2007
When parents get involved in school, they know what is happening. My son has been at Crosswind since Kindergarten and now he is in fifth grade. This is a wonderful school and a school that really cares about children. They do provide extra curricular activities, let me list just a few: Tutoring for Math and Reading, Chorus and Drama, Hands on Science, Reading enrichment, Newspaper, Chess Club, Club Invention, Chinese Language Club, Knitting, S.E.L.F. fitness, Tech Club and BEST Club. Thanks Crosswind for providing my son a well round education.

Crosswind Elementary School
831 West Shelton Rd, Collierville, TN  38017
Last modified Crosswind Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crosswind Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top