Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Tara Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted November 22, 2015
Tara Oaks elementary school is doing an outstanding job! My daughter just graduated from kindergarten and going to grade 1 this September. she had an amazing kindergarten journey full of learning academics,art n craft,manners,sports and so on.The parents involvement is awesome,The teacher was helping, loving, caring,their academic syllabus is very satisfactory.environment of school is very terrific! Updated: we had very terrible 2nd grade year with Mrs Mrash. This school is mix of wonderful and ineffective teachers. Experience depends on the home room teacher. PTO parents children are bieng placed in devoted teachers class first.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 22, 2015
School principal is not supportive and caring or understanding towards the concerns of parents specially when you are not Caucasian Thanks Mrs Marshall for bieng very unaccomodating, so that we took a desicion to move and choose better school for our children PS: felt sad to move and miss some great teachers ,Mrs Ekeda

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
I'm grateful to EVERY TEACHER my boys have had!!!! I have adored them all. It's hard to make a big list here. I will point out one special person, art teacher Ms. Fry. She is just outstanding and so caring and works so hard. Teachers get lots of love from me and all the students, but specialists are sometimes overlooked. She's wonderful and SO ARE THE REST OF THE STAFF! I just wanted to spotlight one person though here.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 18, 2015
I have not had any problems so far in our years at Tara Oaks (both of my kids have been there since Kindergarten and are now 2nd and 4th.) I am VERY pleased with the teachers! They truly care and work hard!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 18, 2015
I think it's an average amount of homework. I have heard it depends on the teacher though, so perhaps some inconsistency with the volume between teachers and between grades? I am OK with the homework my two children have received K-2nd and K-4th so far. I have to boys at Tara Oaks.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted November 18, 2015
I am very happy with the level of work ethic my two children have in their studies and they are motivated to please their teachers and complete the work. I have no complaints with the teachers methods of rewarding and giving them homework and in-class instruction.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted November 18, 2015
My boys feel very happy at Tara Oaks and I've not had problems with the teachers or staff making them feel less than 100% respected and valued.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted November 18, 2015
I feel my two boys have been treated with caring and compassion. The teachers have been very kind and genuinely care. Great job to the support team too. My kids are really happy there and feel it's a great school too.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted November 18, 2015
Tara Oaks staff does a great job with any concerns I have and I am happy with the administration and teachers. I have not had problems in the way they handle things, and they're fair about grading and behavioral issues with students.

Tara Oaks Elementary School 5

Posted November 18, 2015
I adore Tara Oaks Elementary School! My two boys are in 2nd and 4th grade and have been at Tara Oaks since Kindergarten. We have wonderful teachers every year. Awesome team of administrators and support staff (Art, Music, etc.) Great people who care about my kids, and they try to make it fun too! Love our school!

600 East Harpers Ferry Road, Collierville, TN  38017
Last modified Tara Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tara Oaks Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top