Collierville, TN

Posted October 31, 2014
We have 8 children that have attend and currently attend this school. We have been a part of it since 2003 when our first daughter attended. 4 of our 8 need special attention to overcome a learning disability and now they are A and B students. Any school that has standing room only and PTA meetings, School events etc is doing something right. Parents and Teachers are very involved. The school in nestled within a suburban neighborhood and there are many walkers and bikers. A fun place for learning. I'm a local realtor and constantly speak of how awesome our schools are. If you want to talk direct call me or my wife at 901-219-8552. We've been there, done that! Ha.

Posted October 27, 2014
This is the best in Memphis for a reason! The teachers go above and beyond here. The parents are all involved. This school is proactive instead of reactive to problems such a bullying. The school is beautiful and always clean. Our PTA is superb and always plan so much fun stuff for kids to do throughout the year. They do not have children constantly selling coffee, cookies, wrapping paper to raise school funds. They find creative ways to raise money by bringing the community and families together! The programs offered here are fabulous too. We specifically searched for homes only in the Tara Oaks neighborhood because my husband being a teacher knew it was the best of the best and where we wanted our children going to school. The teaching staff here makes learning fun for your child. The entire staff becomes like extended family to yours. I just cannot gush enough about how much we love LOVE LOVE Tara Oaks! <3

Posted January 18, 2012
I have a Kindergartner & 2nd grader at Tara Oaks. I love the school, the teachers and the education they provide my children. I would highly recommend this school to anyone moving to the area or looking for a great school to send their kids. New Principal is very involved with the students, teachers and parents.

Posted May 20, 2011
Tara Oaks elementary school is doing an outstanding job! My daughter just graduated from kindergarten and going to grade 1 this September. she had an amazing kindergarten journey full of learning academics,art n craft,manners,sports and so on.The parents involvement is awesome,The teacher was helping, loving, caring,their academic syllabus is very satisfactory.environment of school is very terrific!

Posted September 18, 2006
Tara Oaks is a wonderful school.They have a great staff who encourage parents to be involved with their children's work.I could not imagine a better school.

Posted September 28, 2005
This school is wonderful. The teachers and other staff are friendly and professional. They REALLY care about your kids. The school is open to the parents any time you want to come in. The level of academics is outstanding.

Posted January 14, 2005

Posted December 09, 2004
We have been very happy with Tara Oaks over the past year. The administration/parent relationship is wonderful, PTA is very involved and we have been able to enjoy many activities in the classroom with our child. More importantly, our child is enjoying school, while receiving a very good education. Thanks to the staff and the parents who care enough to be so involved.

Posted November 02, 2004
With two children in this school for the last several years, I witness up close the terrific PTA, teachers, parent volunteers, and administration of this great school. My husband and I moved to this area based on the excellence of this school, and we have not regretted it for one second. The principal has the perfect amount of love, respect, and authority for the children of this school, and the teachers have the all-important mix of younger and more experienced which adds up to a loyal, thourough set of personnel. The special education staff, including the wonderful occupational therapist and preschool teachers, demonstrate superior knowledge and caring and concern for the students, ensuring that all students receive in-classroom and out-of-classroom learnng experiences that will carry them through their lives.

Posted May 28, 2004
I have had 2 children complete their elementary education at Tara Oaks and I have one child still attending this school. This school offers some of the very best teachers you could find anywhere. The teachers are very fortunate to have a principal that is very willing to work with them and stand behind them. 5th grade is a wonderful year for extracurricular activities for the students thanks to Mrs. Jobe. She has organized an overnight cave trip and a one day trip to the Space Museum. On the cave trip the students get to stop in our state capital and tour a museum and a replica of the Parthenon and then it is on the Cumberland Caverns for the Wild Tour. Overall, Tara Oaks is a terrific school and I have been pleased having my children attend this school. Thanks Mrs. Moss, Parker, Owen, Hulon, Lucey, Jobe, Colon, Robinson...

Tara Oaks Elementary School
600 East Harpers Ferry Road, Collierville, TN  38017
Last modified Tara Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tara Oaks Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top