Collierville, TN

Tara Oaks Elementary School
Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 09, 2015
Hours and hours every night from multiple teachers. They switch classes in this school to prepare for middle school and the teachers do not seem to coordinate the homework so a 9yo could have and will have homework from every subject on the same night at least once a week. There are no days off here, homework will be daily. Even when there is a school event that evening.

Tara Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted August 09, 2015
Excellent school and I am happy my children attend. Laser focused on standardized tests to the point where it feels that is your child doing well on the end of year test is all that matters. The only place where this school lacks is in the area of academic specialists. Go to the website and you will find them listed for gym, art, library music ect.... Moving here I was surprised and thought maybe it was just where we came from however, I have not been able to find a family member or friend whose elementary school from around the country did not have these services. One caveat if you have an actual disability you will get assistance however, if your little one needs a little more help you will be referred to a website. Great school, happy to be here but, like anything, can be improved.

Posted March 04, 2015
Excellent school/outstanding teachers and a great curriculum in an awesome environment! I know my kids love this school!!

Posted October 31, 2014
We have 8 children that have attend and currently attend this school. We have been a part of it since 2003 when our first daughter attended. 4 of our 8 need special attention to overcome a learning disability and now they are A and B students. Any school that has standing room only and PTA meetings, School events etc is doing something right. Parents and Teachers are very involved. The school in nestled within a suburban neighborhood and there are many walkers and bikers. A fun place for learning. I'm a local realtor and constantly speak of how awesome our schools are. If you want to talk direct call me or my wife at 901-219-8552. We've been there, done that! Ha.

Posted October 27, 2014
This is the best in Memphis for a reason! The teachers go above and beyond here. The parents are all involved. This school is proactive instead of reactive to problems such a bullying. The school is beautiful and always clean. Our PTA is superb and always plan so much fun stuff for kids to do throughout the year. They do not have children constantly selling coffee, cookies, wrapping paper to raise school funds. They find creative ways to raise money by bringing the community and families together! The programs offered here are fabulous too. We specifically searched for homes only in the Tara Oaks neighborhood because my husband being a teacher knew it was the best of the best and where we wanted our children going to school. The teaching staff here makes learning fun for your child. The entire staff becomes like extended family to yours. I just cannot gush enough about how much we love LOVE LOVE Tara Oaks! <3

Posted January 18, 2012
I have a Kindergartner & 2nd grader at Tara Oaks. I love the school, the teachers and the education they provide my children. I would highly recommend this school to anyone moving to the area or looking for a great school to send their kids. New Principal is very involved with the students, teachers and parents.

Posted May 20, 2011
Tara Oaks elementary school is doing an outstanding job! My daughter just graduated from kindergarten and going to grade 1 this September. she had an amazing kindergarten journey full of learning academics,art n craft,manners,sports and so on.The parents involvement is awesome,The teacher was helping, loving, caring,their academic syllabus is very satisfactory.environment of school is very terrific!

Posted September 18, 2006
Tara Oaks is a wonderful school.They have a great staff who encourage parents to be involved with their children's work.I could not imagine a better school.

Posted September 28, 2005
This school is wonderful. The teachers and other staff are friendly and professional. They REALLY care about your kids. The school is open to the parents any time you want to come in. The level of academics is outstanding.

Posted December 09, 2004
We have been very happy with Tara Oaks over the past year. The administration/parent relationship is wonderful, PTA is very involved and we have been able to enjoy many activities in the classroom with our child. More importantly, our child is enjoying school, while receiving a very good education. Thanks to the staff and the parents who care enough to be so involved.

Tara Oaks Elementary School
600 East Harpers Ferry Road, Collierville, TN  38017
Last modified Tara Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tara Oaks Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top