Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I have had a great experience with this school Tara Oaks. We came in 2013 so we have been there for 4 years. My son was lost in the Memphis City School system although it was an optional school and offered a lot he was bullied by both teachers and students. They just kept pushing him forward and I had to fight the school for 2 months to get him held back to repeat the 1st grade as he was way behind in reading. The Memphis schools would not give him an IEP. After coming to Tara Oaks I was able to get him an IEP and bring his grades from D's and C's up to A's and B's. The class size is good and he is able to get the attention he needs. The principals are amazing! They have an open door policy and will even talk to you in public away from the school on their own time. I would HIGHLY recommend this school.

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

They call my son gay, because he is sensitive and likes fun socks.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

There is no differentiation, extremely disappointed with Tara Oaks.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

In third grade, my son has three teachers. 2/3 are completely useless. One is young and ditzy and another is waiting out retirement. He only has one teacher who has it together.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

The homework is worksheet after worksheet, there is no differentiation, it's boring, not challenging. They focus more on quantity than quality. And the homework comes with NO directions, sometimes it's very difficult to help your child, when you don't know what the teacher is looking for.

There is absolutely nothing exceptional about this school, extremely disappointed. We came from an optional program from Memphis City Schools. We moved to Collierville for "better schools" What a joke! He came from a school where the teachers and staff loved him for who he is. At Tara Oaks, he is treated as the wierd new kid by students and faculty. He gets straight A's, but is bored and not challenged.

Tara Oaks elementary school is doing an outstanding job! My daughter just graduated from kindergarten and going to grade 1 this September. she had an amazing kindergarten journey full of learning academics,art n craft,manners,sports and so on.The parents involvement is awesome,The teacher was helping, loving, caring,their academic syllabus is very satisfactory.environment of school is very terrific! Updated: we had very terrible 2nd grade year with Mrs Mrash. This school is mix of wonderful and ineffective teachers. Experience depends on the home room teacher. PTO parents children are bieng placed in devoted teachers class first.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have not had any problems so far in our years at Tara Oaks (both of my kids have been there since Kindergarten and are now 2nd and 4th.) I am VERY pleased with the teachers! They truly care and work hard!

Amount of homework: Agree

I think it's an average amount of homework. I have heard it depends on the teacher though, so perhaps some inconsistency with the volume between teachers and between grades? I am OK with the homework my two children have received K-2nd and K-4th so far. I have to boys at Tara Oaks.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Tara Oaks staff does a great job with any concerns I have and I am happy with the administration and teachers. I have not had problems in the way they handle things, and they're fair about grading and behavioral issues with students.

Last modified Tara Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.