Posted April 18, 2014
It's a great school two of my sons graduated from there and I am looking forward to my grand and great grand going to CHS

Posted August 04, 2013
New administration came on board in 2012, and they are doing an outstanding job with this school. The academics are challenging, the number of AP classes offered is higher than any school in the Memphis area. Although most students are on a college track, there are offerings for other areas like cosmetology. The class of 2013, with fewer than 500 had 7 Advanced Placement International Diploma recipients 44 Cum Laude Society members (CHS is the only public school in TN with this distinction) 11 National AP Scholars, 46 AP Scholars with Distinction, 26 AP Scholars with Honor 76 AP Scholars and 1 US Presidential Scholar candidate. Athletics and the arts are strong. The PTSA is active and involved, great communication through Facebook and Twitter. This is truly a great school.

Posted January 04, 2012
This school continually distinguishes itself from the pack. They recently became the only public school in TN with a Cum Laude chapter. This process took 10 years of looking at the top 20% of students. They encourage the kids to take the most challenging classes that they can, while offering other avenues and support for kids who need extra help. Great extracurricular activities as well. The block scheduling implemented in 2010 has proved to improve learning even more.

Posted August 26, 2011
As an alum of CHS, I am proud to say that I got to spend my 4 years of high school here. Yes, the hallways are crowded, but I think it made high school fun. You always saw people you knew while switching classes and it was an easy way to meet others. I had issues with a few teachers, but most of them were great. It provides SO many opportunities to get involved too! It's a great school and definitely better than any Memphis High School!

Posted August 15, 2011
This is school is excellent and has provided a safe learning environment. There are so many opportunities for the students to get involved.

Collierville High School 4

Posted May 12, 2011
This is overall a great school. I believe that according to national studies, this school ranks among the top 10-15% of high schools in the United States. I can only give a students view of this school as a freshman here. The teachers here are very good. They care about their classes, and lessons are thought about and information is presented understandably and easy to grasp. I quickly learned that it isn't easy making A's and B's by doing minimal work, but work isn't brutal, it simply needs attention. While the teachers are good, they're not perfect, and some I suggest staying away from. If you are an incoming freshman honors student, you might want to consider having a sophomore geometry teacher rather than the freshman one. Unfortunately, you can tell she's trying to teach, cares about the class and the material, and is delivering important information, but she does not know how to control a rowdy class, and she does not know how to deliver the information, and end result is the feeling of not learning much. Other than that, I enjoyed my classes. All Extracurricular activities at the school are good as well, but I suggest that all grade levels avoid the orchestra program here.

Posted April 29, 2011
I have had all four of my children graduate from CHS. They have all been proficient in English, Math and Science at the college level. Although no school is perfect CHS works hard at improving their areas of deficiency. Leadership staff is excellent. Can't find a public school any better than this. Great job

Collierville High School 4

Posted March 12, 2011
Collierville High School is truly a wonderful school. There are numerous ways to get involved, such as SGA, theater, newspaper, yearbook, sports, etc. Almost all of the teachers are superb and really care about the students. As the editor of the school newspaper, I've learned a lot more than most students about the different aspects of the school, and because of this, I can rightly say that our school has a lot to offer any student--whatever his or her strongest point may be! I have noticed, however, that our administration is heavily driven by rankings and test scores. I believe this has caused a blind spot when it comes to students who are troublesome or struggling academically and need special attention. Overall, though, the students and teachers make the school a tremendous place and provide the school with a great atmosphere.

Collierville High School 2

Posted April 21, 2010
Collerville High School is an O.K. School. In order to get the best education possible at the school you need to take the AP and horors classes. Mrs. Janis Martin, Stephen Blake, and Coach Brock are some of the best teachers i've seen at this school. They all care greatly for the student and want to help them succeed. The school has many faults too. The administration is ok but could use some improvement. The punishments for fiting are handled well but there are little or no incentives for being good. The dress code has gotten less strict but still rediculous because of getting Saturday school right off the bat for being out of code. The school is very very OVERCROUDED there is not enough time to change classes. Overall CHS is a school with good academics but NEEDS new facilities to meet the needs for such a large school.

Collierville High School 1

Posted March 25, 2010
I was an alumni and now a parent of a student there. I can honestly say if you can afford to put your child in a private school please do. This is honestly one of the worst high schools I have ever dealt with. The Administration is out of touch with the children and parents. Many of the teachers ought to have been fired due to performance but are still there due to tenure and most of all the school looks and is run like a prison. Common sense and thinking do not rate high in the admonostrations views. Rules for the sake of rules seems to be their motto. Not a place I would have ever wanted to have to send my children to. I hope to move soon and put my children in a better school district.

Collierville High School
1101 North Byhalia Rd, Collierville, TN  38017
Last modified Collierville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Collierville High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top