Collierville, TN

Posted June 08, 2014
The place is now closed. I guess that's a good thing. I did not have a good experience there.

Posted July 10, 2012
I did not enjoy my experience going to central day school at all. Some of the teachers were very good some were just plain horrible. Some of the teachers were not able to control their emotions and were not qualified to teach the kids there and really did not know a lot about what they were teaching. I feel that they could have done a better job preparing me for the years after middle school because high school was a really big change for me. I would not recommend this school to anybody I know because it would be a waste of their time and money. Pick somewhere else because I could have probably gotten a better education and been more prepared to step out of the sheltered environment that is Central Day School.

Central Day School 4

Posted November 12, 2011
My son is a second grade student at CDS and has been there since he was 3 years old. I love the Christian atmosphere and the parent fellowship. The teachers expect the students to work hard and my son thrives because of this expectation. If you are looking for a caring school that has a great academic program, CDS is for your child. My husband, son, and I love the school and the friends we've made since being there. If I could rate the school on a scale from 1-10, I would rate the school an 8.5. You can't beat that!!!

Central Day School 2

Posted April 22, 2011
Sending my children to this school was one of the worst decisions as a parent I ever made. Some of the teachers are outstanding and some are not good at all. I volunteered every year that my children attended and have observed horrible treatment of select children. Some are treated like outcasts and outsiders and are never given a chance to thrive. Things are better for the kids of parents that attend Central Church. They claim to be non-denominational and accepting of all Christian religions, but what they mean to say is they are southern Baptists and will make any child who is not feel bad. They allowed severe bullying with some teachers getting in on making fun of kids. I saw it with my own eyes and was horrified. My children went there for three years too many. I wish I had taken them out sooner. They are extremists. Watching Harry Potter was considered inappropriate because magic is a sin. Fantasia too, Mickey was a "sorcerer". I wanted my children raised and schooled with the church and to know and love God. I did not want that degree of censorship. They did everything short of book burning. The education itself was good, but the atmosphere for some children was a nightmare.

Posted March 21, 2011
My children have attended Central Day School for 7 years. What CDS does not have in the way of extracurricular activities is made up by academic excellence. Teachers genuinely care about the students and want to see them succeed. Teachers and staff openly share their love of Christ. While the school occasionally has the same issues as any other school, problems are dealt with quickly. Parental involvement is welcomed. I highly recommend Central Learning Center to anyone who wants a God-focused education for their children.

Posted May 08, 2010
I am currently a student at this school, and I love the teachers and all of the faculty. For grades 1st through 8th, the teachers are constantly concerned and alert about the children's well being. I would definitely reccomend this schol to any one who wants a good, Christian education.

Posted April 07, 2010
My family and I were relocated to the Memphis area. We had looked at all of the Private Schools including the most expensive. Central Day School was by far the strongest in academics. Yes, the sports program is not the strongest but honestly how many children actually become Pro Athletes. We Love the School and would reccomend CDS to everyone.

Central Day School 0

Posted April 06, 2010
This is an absolutely phenomenal school. Very conducive atmosphere to learning at a high level. We love the Chess Cub. The teachers are caring and very supportive. They encourage each to strive to reach/exceed his/her potential. Very family oriented, but most important Christ centered.

Posted March 31, 2010
Honestly I do not like this school they have had problems with cussing this year. I would not expect to come from a Christian school. The teachers are mean to some kids and are sometimes unkind. A kid was searched because the kid next to him was eating popcorn. That I don't get and they have a poor sports program also they have literature as a subject which I don't and that class cuts in to computer which I also don't like because I do not want to have to do literature in computer class that is why they are separate. But I guess I'm stuck in there for the next 2 years.

Posted November 08, 2009
Poor learning environment for my children. All of their test scores and grades improved after sending them to Schilling Farms and Crosswinds Middle

Central Day School