Bad
Good

I continue to be very pleased with my child's academic development at Sycamore Elementary. It is one of the most diverse schools in the Collierville area. Parents are very involved and the administration truly cares about the well being of all children. Our community is growing. Ion part due to be in such close proximity to an awesome school!

My daughter has attended Sycamore since Kindergarten. We love Sycamore! All of her teachers have been wonderful and caring. I am an active parent; and always try to volunteer whenever my work schedule permits. Strong parental involvement is vital to the success of any school. My daughter is being challenged and developing skills needed to advance into the next grade level. I respect the entire administration and staff. I will do whatever I can to help my child and all children succeed.

I would not recommend Sycamore to anyone. My child went there, but I had to take her out cause she was not learning anything. Her body was not left behind,but her mind was. If u want your child to learn, Sycamore is not the place, especially if she is not white.

LOVE this school and teachers. We are so glad that we decided to enroll our kids to Sycamore Elementary school few years back. Teachers are the best and gemstone of the school, they care, provide guidance and stay on top to provide the best education. My both son's teachers have done awesome job keeping me posted with their progress and class activities. When I compared APEX (gifted program) at this school with others, I admire the way teacher has put together different ways to advance kids in the program - history, research projects, news study in addition to normal subjects. Great job Sycamore teachers and thank you for all your hard work.

We love love Sycamore. It has over 800 students yet it feels very small and quaint. Teachers and staff that haven't even had my child know her name. I love the uniforms, we are the only school in Collierville with uniforms and it helps create an environment where the kids come to school ready to learn. The resource officer is great the kids all love him. The curriculum is taught by teachers that really care and the kids know they are in a loving safe place. We would move in to Estanuala again. This is a great school surrounded by a great neighborhood.

Outstanding!!! I am not sure which school some parents say they are writing about. My three children have experienced caring teachers, hugs, support, and a can-do philosophy. Students are not left behind at Sycamore. I am proud to be a part of such a loving atmosphere that also is so successful with academics.

Wow! My child walks into Sycamore each day with joy. It is a public school we don't get our way everyday. But the faculty and staff are caring. They work hard to challenge her. Hats off to them for working so hard in difficult times. Keep your chin up Sycamore you are still the best in Collierville. Parents share your stories don't let some bitter voices bring our school down!

Very disappointed with this school. Teachers and staff are unfriendly and you can see through their fake smiles. My child is very unhappy there. My child always loved school until going to Sycamore. My child is a great student and makes great grades. Not a problem child just a child that deserves kindness and to be able to see an example of what a leader should be. My child doesn't get that at Sycamore.

Sycamore Elementary being rated as a "9" is ridiculous! Unqualified teachers. PE teachers have no idea what they are doing and hurt the children with wrong kind of exercise routines. Yelling at children in the cafeteria by cafeteria staff. Some teachers punish kids by making them stand in the classroom until their feet hurt, saw it, reported it. Not sure if anything was done about it. Unfriendly and disgruntled teachers - students pay for it. Assignments given are not up to par. Curriculum is not challenging. My kids says it's "baby work". Not because they are brilliant but because the work is below standards. So disappointed with this school. Front office staff is nice but they are not the teachers who play a bigger role in my children's lives.

If you think this school is a five star, that means your not involved with what your child is actually learning there. Our child came from a city school to sycamore because of our change of location. We notice that our daughter was struggling in the beginning , but starting to improve greatly at home. Well, seems her report card didn't reflect that during the second semester and not only that, when questioned about her grades and reporting this to the AP, the teacher could not explain why a grade dropped were she was excelling and why did she change another grade after a visit to the AP office. Parents please spend time with your child to see if they are really learning what the teacher is really proclaiming that they are, or is that the teacher is just passing them along.

Last modified Sycamore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.