Posted September 26, 2014
My daughter has attended Sycamore since Kindergarten. We love Sycamore! All of her teachers have been wonderful and caring. I am an active parent; and always try to volunteer whenever my work schedule permits. Strong parental involvement is vital to the success of any school. My daughter is being challenged and developing skills needed to advance into the next grade level. I respect the entire administration and staff. I will do whatever I can to help my child and all children succeed.

Posted August 12, 2014
I would not recommend Sycamore to anyone. My child went there, but I had to take her out cause she was not learning anything. Her body was not left behind,but her mind was. If u want your child to learn, Sycamore is not the place, especially if she is not white.

Posted May 01, 2014
LOVE this school and teachers. We are so glad that we decided to enroll our kids to Sycamore Elementary school few years back. Teachers are the best and gemstone of the school, they care, provide guidance and stay on top to provide the best education. My both son's teachers have done awesome job keeping me posted with their progress and class activities. When I compared APEX (gifted program) at this school with others, I admire the way teacher has put together different ways to advance kids in the program - history, research projects, news study in addition to normal subjects. Great job Sycamore teachers and thank you for all your hard work.

Posted April 23, 2014
Outstanding!!! I am not sure which school some parents say they are writing about. My three children have experienced caring teachers, hugs, support, and a can-do philosophy. Students are not left behind at Sycamore. I am proud to be a part of such a loving atmosphere that also is so successful with academics.

Posted April 18, 2014
Wow! My child walks into Sycamore each day with joy. It is a public school we don't get our way everyday. But the faculty and staff are caring. They work hard to challenge her. Hats off to them for working so hard in difficult times. Keep your chin up Sycamore you are still the best in Collierville. Parents share your stories don't let some bitter voices bring our school down!

Posted April 07, 2014
Very disappointed with this school. Teachers and staff are unfriendly and you can see through their fake smiles. My child is very unhappy there. My child always loved school until going to Sycamore. My child is a great student and makes great grades. Not a problem child just a child that deserves kindness and to be able to see an example of what a leader should be. My child doesn't get that at Sycamore.

Sycamore Elementary School 3

Posted March 24, 2014
Sycamore Elementary being rated as a "9" is ridiculous! Unqualified teachers. PE teachers have no idea what they are doing and hurt the children with wrong kind of exercise routines. Yelling at children in the cafeteria by cafeteria staff. Some teachers punish kids by making them stand in the classroom until their feet hurt, saw it, reported it. Not sure if anything was done about it. Unfriendly and disgruntled teachers - students pay for it. Assignments given are not up to par. Curriculum is not challenging. My kids says it's "baby work". Not because they are brilliant but because the work is below standards. So disappointed with this school. Front office staff is nice but they are not the teachers who play a bigger role in my children's lives.

Sycamore Elementary School 2

Posted January 29, 2014
If you think this school is a five star, that means your not involved with what your child is actually learning there. Our child came from a city school to sycamore because of our change of location. We notice that our daughter was struggling in the beginning , but starting to improve greatly at home. Well, seems her report card didn't reflect that during the second semester and not only that, when questioned about her grades and reporting this to the AP, the teacher could not explain why a grade dropped were she was excelling and why did she change another grade after a visit to the AP office. Parents please spend time with your child to see if they are really learning what the teacher is really proclaiming that they are, or is that the teacher is just passing them along.

Sycamore Elementary School 2

Posted October 23, 2013
Last....One of the question i asked the teacher was to know how did you determine that my daughter must take ESL? she said that my daughter did not speak in class and also she did not play with other kids. I was like astonished:-. Well i assumed if i decided not to talk to anyone in my class I will be considered to be the dumbest student or the stupidest student then. I then told her that it is highly possible that she become Kindergarden teacher because she was not that smart, but that doesn't mean that she must study ESL to be K teacher. I could be a teacher if i want but that doesn't mean i can just look at a person and say that he needs to take special class because his name sounds different and he doesn't speak with others. Anyway, this really got me little upset, and i told her that all i want is create a better world for my daughter. Sycamore may be full of racists or whatever you want to call it but i will not let them put those negative attitude on my daughter. I wish she was learning from a school where kids innocent brains are learning peace and love, but i always tell my daughter to be happy because she is the best. No one is born racist we become one base on our living

Posted August 25, 2013
I can't believe this school has gotten so many positive reviews. Get real, people. Or, maybe you have never been exposed to a really great elementary school with a truly hard-working and caring staff? We moved to Memphis from San Antonio, Tx for a job change. My boys were in first and second grade. My oldest has Autism. I went to the school one day for a pop in visit. I was told an administrator would have to accompany me down the hall to my son's classroom. I said fine, please get an administrator. I was sent to the assistant principal's office. While I sat in her office, she attempted to call my son's teacher to let her know we were on the way! She couldn't get through to the teacher, so off we went to the classroom. The classroom was empty, however, the resource room was right across the hallway. My son is full-inclusion. BUT, turns out he was in that resource room in a closet playing with a broom while the resource teacher sat at her desk having lunch and chatting with the aid. When she saw me and the AP, she looked like she was about to choke on her noodles! She called me that night at my home and apologized profusely. Very creepy school. We got back to Texas asap!

Sycamore Elementary School
1155 Sycamore Rd, Collierville, TN  38017
Last modified Sycamore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sycamore Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top