Incarnation Catholic School 2

Posted May 31, 2013
Our child was a student at ICS for several years. Unfortunately, the academics lacked creativity and failed to incorporate strategies for different learning styles. The enrichment program standards were low, due in part I believe to parental pressures. In the years our child was there, he had two good teachers and two VERY poor teachers. The math program is woefully inadequate and has been for several years. This is a known, often discussed element at ICS and families were asked to just "be patient" and it would get better. While at ICS, our child scored in the 95-99% on ITBS in all areas but math, where scores were in the 60's, even the 40's. After one year of public school, those ITBS scores are now at 95%. We wanted to love ICS, we were told we should! The environment is very cliquish--if you do not "compete" socially either because you choose not to or because you cannot do so, be prepared for both you and your child to be "welcomed" only superficially. There is an extremely strong emphasis on conformity and girls are taught to be pleasers. Peer policing/"telling" by favorite students is a dominant, encouraged means of keeping order.

Posted September 15, 2012
I am the new Pricipal of Incarnation Catholic School and I am proud to say that we have an amazing group of students, parents and teachers! We strive for academic excellence and to teach to the whole child. ICS is committed to giving our students the tools, skills, and guidance they need to not only overcome 21st-century challenges, but also to flourish intellectually, morally, and spiritually.

Posted July 10, 2012
My children love ICS! They are held to high academic standards and have incredible teachers. Learning is at the highest standards, yet is enjoyable. Classes are smaller allowing for a greater one-on-one ratio. The families of I.C.S. are amazing and welcomed our family from the moment we stepped foot on campus. I would definitely recommend Incarnation School to anyone searching for a high academic, excellent curriculum school. ICS is one of Collierville's crown jewels!

Posted October 08, 2011
I.C.S. is truly a wonderful school and we could not be more pleased. Our children have been there for 6 years now, and have thrived spiritually, academically and emotionally. I can truly say that under the leadership of our new principal, that academic standards have been raised to an even higher standard. Test scores across the boards emphasize students performing well beyond grade level throughout the school. I.C.S. is wonderful in that the teachers are willing to work with each individual child to bolster his or her strengths or weaknesses whether academically or socially. I.C.S. embraces each child with loving arms and teaches them to perform to their highest abilities. Most importantly, I.C.S. is creating a solid foundation for each of our children s characters in the values they teach on a daily basis. We are thrilled to be part of the I.C.S. family!

Posted July 06, 2011
We appreciate the culture of the school. The administration and teachers demonstrate genuine interest and concern for individual students. There is a great deal of communication with parents and these interactions are very comfortable. I have received calls and emails just to inquire about one of our children, along with the not so good calls regarding either academics or behavior. The principal is very fair and realistic in the approach to working through issues, with the student's best interest at the forefront. Parents are strongly encouraged to participate in many ways. It is a very inviting atmosphere.

Posted June 18, 2011
Incarnation is an excellent school. We chose Incarnation over another catholic school closer to our home because of how well we were received. We felt welcome from the start and our children wouldn't want to be anywhere else. The faculty is fantastic, and it is evident that everyone has the same mission--to help our children succeed. I really like the fact that new programs are being implemented each year because we want to be more than just a good school. Incarnation is competing to be one of the best schools in the area.

Incarnation Catholic School 4

Posted June 15, 2011
We have had children at this school for the last 4 years. Both kids absolutely love the school, their teachers, and their friends there. As a parent I have seen this school go through many changes. I can understand how these changes might have frustrated some parents, but I truly believe these changes have been for the better. Financially it is one of the most affordable schools in the area. Academically this school performs very well. It has a strong elementary curriculum and test scores have been increasing year over year. The teacher / student ratio varies from class to class, but generally is very good. For larger classes there is typically a teacher s aide. I do wish there were more extra-curricular activities for younger students. The current ones are limited basketball, baseball, volleyball, and choir. My experience with the staff and administration have been good. Yes, there have been bumps, but they have worked with us to address any concerns. As with any school, it s success is dependent on parent involvement and I have yet to see the school ignore concerns of parents who are engaged enough to bring those concerns to light.

Posted June 15, 2011
Incarnation has a strong elementary school. The middle school has really strengthened over the last two years. The teachers in middle school are solid. They are hard; but good. The principal has worked really hard to make the school competitive in academics. No school is perfect and we have had a lot of whiners and complainers who have left over the last few years. The parents who are left are commited to giving their children a solid, catholic education. My children have been to several catholic schools throughout the county. Incarnation has been as good or better than the others. The teachers have always been willing to help with problems my children have had. I received a phone call from the principal about an academic issue with one of my children. I met with her as well as all the middle school teachers and we discussed a plan to help my child. I know I wouldn't have gotten this kind of attention in a public school. Additionally, all the teachers were on point with my child's issues and were more than willing to help us get through the school year with success. I thought the principal handled the situation perfectly. Don't overlook this school.

Posted June 15, 2011
My son started @Incarnation in K. He just graduated from the 8th grade. My son struggle a bit,but because of the dedication and caring that he (we) received he is on his way to St.B's. Over the years the faculty and church have been great. If they were sub par I would not have kept him @ Incarnation. Thanks ICS!

Posted May 27, 2011
God and the Virgin Mary have blessed us with the opportunity of sending our daughter to Incarnation Catholic School (ICS). She has attended ICS since Pre-K and now she is in Middle School. For almost 10 years, thanks to the parish office, school administration, faculty, staff, and parents at ICS, she has grown not only as a person, but also as a strong Catholic believer. Without their support, we could not have afforded to send our daughter to a great private Catholic school. ICS is our daughter s second home. We feel confident, secure and relaxed in the school environment. At all times, we have had the support of the administration and faculty. All of her teachers have planted in her the seed of love for learning. Her academic achievement and self-confidence have increased tremendously throughout the years. She enjoys all of her classes. She is also very involved in several extra curricular activities: Student Ambassador, Beta Club, Altar Server, Safety Patrol, Enrichment classes, computer courses, and field trips just to name a few. We strongly encourage parents to consider sending their children to ICS to get a top-notch Catholic education. God bless ICS.

Incarnation Catholic School
360 Bray Station Road, Collierville, TN  38017
Last modified Incarnation Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Incarnation Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top