Bad
Good

Posted September 10, 2013
J.R. Baker is the best in Columbia. my brother went there both my sons and now my granddaughter. thanks Baker Elementary

Posted August 22, 2013
J.R. Baker is safe clean and the staff work for the betterment of the children's over all education.

Posted April 30, 2013
I have two children who attend J.R. Baker. One of my children attends Pre-K and the other Kindergarden. I have regular communication with the teachers as well as the vice principal. I attend the school parties when I choose, and I enjoy eating lunch with my children at the school. The school allows you and your child different areas inside the lunch room to sit with your child instead of having to sit with the entire class. I also appreciate the lady who works in the office, she has answers for any questions that I have. Thanks.

Posted January 12, 2012
I have two children that have attened Baker ever since Pre- K and this is my oldest childs last year there. I am very satisfied with all the teachers and staff. If one of them ever had a problem their teacher worked extra hard to bring them up where they needed to be. I wish the rest of the schools where just like Baker.

Posted April 06, 2011
My daughter has attended Baker since Kindergarten and I intend for my son to start in Pre K. The teachers are friendly and work really hard to have the children reach their highest achievement level. My third grader was very prepared for this year and is reading at a middle school level. The Principal seems a little unapproachable at times but she is really nice you just have to initiate the conversation because she is not real chit chatty. Being a teacher myself I have the option to have my children attend the school I teach at and I will not move them away from Baker which is their zoned school.

Posted February 24, 2011
I have had 2 children in the pre-k at Baker. I has been a wonderful experience for both. I think it has really given them a head start in school. I am surprised by the other posts about pre-k on here. Yes, there is homework for pre-k students. What a great way to spend time with your child and help them learn about the alphabet. My girls love it, unless that is you don't want to spend the time with your child, then I can see the complaint.

Posted February 22, 2011
I have two children in this school and I will say that this school has some of the most caring teachers I have meet. They are all willing too work with you if you have any questions are concerns. I am satisfied.

Posted February 19, 2011
Baker is a great school for all ages, my child attended the Pre-K program and I was amazed at the transformation I noticed right away. He was very well prepared and ready for Kindergarten by the end of the year.

J. R. Baker Elementary School 4

Posted February 19, 2011
My daughter also attended the Pre-K program and it was the best decision I have ever made. I would not only recommend the Pre-K program to other parents but the school and staff are wonderful as well. I am appalled at what has been written about this school, this site is honoring the school for its merit and people have the audacity to leave negative comments. Great Job Teachers!

J. R. Baker Elementary School 3

Posted July 27, 2010
This school has had some of the best teachers ever, although some of the worst also. I am so glad mine are done with elementary since the principal at Baker is the worst I have ever had to deal wtih. She is rude, hard to approach and always her way. Her teachers are never wrong, very one sided. Used to be Maury Co. best elementary school, don't think it has not been in years, very sad.

J. R. Baker Elementary School
1301 Hampshire Pike, Columbia, TN  38401
Last modified J. R. Baker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.