Posted October 14, 2010
This is a great school. My wife and I are very involved in the PTO, as are lots of other parents for such a small school. The administration and teachers are wonderful and my son has scored extremely well on the standardized tests.

Posted September 25, 2008
I love McDowell and would recommend it to anyone. My son went to Pre-K and Kindergarten there. The teachers work hard to keep the students involved. The Principal is outstanding and always greets the kids every morning and sees them off every evening. He is very attentive. The security should be an example for other security officers in schools. Even my mom thinks she is nice.

Posted May 05, 2008
I love McDowell! The teachers are very friendly and are willing to help anytime I've had a problem with my child. They keep me informed on how he is doing throughout the 6 weeks, so that I am more prepared for the report card. Mr. Eady is great!

Mcdowell Elementary School 0

Posted March 25, 2008
This was the best elemntary school i went to! the teachers are great.

Posted August 23, 2005
McDowell is a great school and I know this because I am very much involved with what's going on with my kids. The teachers that have taught my children have all been very professional yet caring. I like this school and its leadership, but it would be nice if we could have a new building.

Mcdowell Elementary School
714 West 7th St, Columbia, TN  38401
Last modified Mcdowell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcdowell Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top