Riverside Elementary School 1

Posted August 01, 2013
My daughter attended Riverside last year as a second grader. She had to change schools based upon us moving to Columbia. This school has been a let down all together. There has been a handful of times that she has come off of the bus crying because of the bullying that went on and to be 100% clear, it was from students of opposite race - Mama bear kicked in and I had to get on the school about controlling the situation better and demanded my daughter sit in the front of the bus so the driver could keep a better eye on her. My daughter complained about her teacher yelling 'shut-up' in the class... this I DON'T TOLERATE at home!! There was also an incident where she wrote about a current event of a 'rape victim' from Columbia! I was appalled! It's unfortunate because I know that this school can be a whole lot better than what it is. I feel as if my child is going backwards in education. She used to go to Heritage Elementary and their curriculum was a whole lot promising (she would have twice as much homework). What's even more unfortunate is that she has to start the 3rd grade here again because we just can't afford to move out of the county at the moment. Hope it's better this year!

Posted March 01, 2010
The teachers at this school have been exceptionally great with my two girls. Thank you Riverside!

Riverside Elementary School 0

Posted February 23, 2010
i give the school a four star rating because my son has been going here for two years and the teachers are wonderful here. He is being taught very well and his Mrs. Bartrug has been wonderful in teaching him and helping him understand his lessons.

Posted August 17, 2009

Riverside Elementary School 1

Posted February 12, 2009
I feel there are good and bad but yoju have to stay on top of it or nothing happens for the kids.

Riverside Elementary School 2

Posted February 01, 2009
My son is in Kindergarten and I am very uhappy with many areas of this school. Starting with the actual physical structure of the school. The process for dropping off and picking up your child is very unsafe due to the fact that there is nowhere to pull up and pick up your child. It is very unorganized and the patrol lady does not seem to know what she is doing alot of the time. There is not an environment to challange your child whatsoever because of the demographic of the students. I will not be sending my child back next year, even if we have to move to a different district.

Riverside Elementary School 5

Posted October 30, 2008

Riverside Elementary School 3

Posted October 18, 2008

Riverside Elementary School 2

Posted September 30, 2008
This school has really diminished in stature in my opinion since the implementation of the school-wide Title I program. Our school not only has an 81% rate of students on free or reduced lunch, it now caters mainly to this population in every possible way. The school plans on 'phasing out' the Accelerated Reading program - which my child has participated in since starting at this school in Kindergarten. The principal has made no commitments about a 'replacement' program for those of us who have children that are not included in the 'at-risk' category. If nothing changes, I will request an out-of-zone status for my child. If that is not possible, we are prepared to sell our home and move to an area that is better suited for our child's educational needs and meets our educational expectations.

Posted July 12, 2008
I feel that this school is one of the best elementry schools in columbia. Has great teachers and friendly staff. My daughter was in kindergarden last year and learned a lot.She is more than ready for first grade.

Riverside Elementary School
203 Carter St, Columbia, TN  38401
Last modified Riverside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top