Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted March 01, 2016
Only the lady from centerstone she cares about these kids. Always in contact with students and parents.

Posted March 01, 2016
If you ever get in trouble at this school your child will always be a target, I have dealt with this school for 5yrs I wouldn't send my dog to this school very poor teacher skills and principles at this school.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted March 01, 2016
This school has no respect these teachers holler at our kids and when we take a stand for our kids it's all lies

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted March 01, 2016
They are just there to teach no teacher or principles are interested in any of these students.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted March 01, 2016
No fairness or honesty they believe only teacher's not the students they need camera's all in class rooms to find out what is really going on in this school.

Whitthorne Middle School 3

Posted October 20, 2014
I like these school but I found a bug in my salad. I'm in 5th grade and have to stay in these school for 3 more years. They should fix their food and their bathrooms. The bathrooms have mean words and comment in the bathroom.

Posted September 27, 2014
the school needs to be redone. People make out in the bathrooms some rude and harmful stuff has been going on in the classrooms and the bath room. The teachers don't even pay attention to the students unless they have to. The only good thing about the school is the band. The band has great teachers. The football couches don't even care that a boy gets hurt. They do nothing but yell at the boys when they get hurt BC they couches didn't teach then right. I hate this school and wish that I wouldn't have gone here

Posted June 25, 2014
I have been going to this school for three years now, and could not be less pleased with my experience here. The teachers don't care, the students don't care, nobody cares. I see horrible things that have not been improved by the new Rachel's Challenge movement, I see horrible student and teacher behavior, and I see so many kids in trouble. This is one of the number one school's for bullying in this county. The food is awful, the maintenance of the school is awful, it's very unsanitary, and most importantly, a student can never get anything done. I say this from the new Common Core system that has been implemented. Student grades have dropped, care has dropped, everything. Dropped. It's stressful, was forced on us very quickly, and is absolutely inconsiderate to certain students needs. If a child can't write well and you're making then write paragraph after paragraph that is more than 30% of their grade, they're going to do bad. I, myself, got my first C this year when I am normally an A student, with the occasional B. This school has brought down my grades, my spirit, my health down, and my all in all happiness. I would never send my child here. I would rate it 0, if possible.

Whitthorne Middle School 4

Posted May 14, 2014
I think this is awesome but one thing, the 6th graders call the 5th graders "little kids" thats way i didn't give 5 star because how the other students act. But i do love the teachers. They are so nice ,especially Mellisa Deschamps best teacher in the world!

Posted April 21, 2014
I hated this school they mixed little kids in with kids who were almost old enough to drive because of being retained.The teachers only got involved when they needed to and there was almost no supervision in the school. I don't recommend this school to ANYONE. But above all the students and teachers were rude, lazy, and anti social. Like I said, I would NEVER recommend it.

915 Lion Pw, Columbia, TN  38401
Last modified Whitthorne Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.