Posted June 22, 2014
This is a great school, they are supportive and care about the children that attend. They have a great learning program and do everything they can to make sure every child will succeed.

Posted September 02, 2013
This is a wonderful school, full of pride. It has great teachers, lots of parent involvement, and high ratings. The school is very safe, clean, and well provided for. My child started reading so fast here, and has learned so much! I have been very impressed with the teachers and staff so far. I also love that this school is smaller, and I feel like my child gets more individual attention because of it.

Posted August 03, 2011
An outstanding elementary school with caring teachers and a top notch parent-teacher organization. It's a beautiful building, too. Capshaw has one of the best reputations in the state, and for good reason.

Capshaw Elementary School 1

Posted March 03, 2010
My wife and I have been very disappointed with this school. Our son began school here with the notion that fairness and equality for all races was a given. We had an issue with the teacher that fed our son pork who knew that we are muslim and don't eat pork. After the incident, the teacher's reasons changed from your son is lying about the incident to I fed him pork because I didn't want him to feel embarrassed. Feel embarrassed? about what? When we met with the principal about this issue, she was not only insincere with her comments, but didn't even offer to sit with the teacher to discuss her disregard for other people's practices and religion. Talk about equality in the 21st century? We are in the deep south.

Posted November 15, 2009
I have two daughters who attend Capshaw, they absolutely love it. The teachers are wonderful, I am very pleased with how they truly try to seek out and help each child with any difficulties they may have. They want each child to succeed, and no one is left behind.

Capshaw Elementary School 4

Posted March 30, 2009

Posted September 21, 2006
My son wakes up every morning excited about going to school. This school really prides itself on it's test scores, and strives every year to raise those scores by helping the children acheive their highest potential. This school is also big on using technology in the classroom, and every class attends computer lab weekly. My son was learning to type and use the internet in kindergarten! The principal is very positive and caring. This is an excellent school!

Capshaw Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2006

Posted April 29, 2005
My 2 boys love Capshaw and I feel the teachers are very involved in the all around well being of my kids.

Posted January 12, 2004
Capshaw is a wonderful school, I could not ask for a better environment for my children. The teachers are wonderful, and the principal is involved and cares for each and every student. The school also stresses community and citizenship, leadership and learning. There is more parent involvement than I have ever seen in another school. I have 3 Capshaw kids and was a student myself. You will really love this school!

Capshaw Elementary School
577 Hudgens, Cookeville, TN  38501
Last modified Capshaw Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Capshaw Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top