School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Nice little school! Love working there! The staff is great and they really care about the children!!
October 24, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 19, 2015
Teachers that I have dealt with seem to talk respectfully to their students, in return I notice that most students are respectful or will notice when another child is not choosing respectful behavior and will let them know. haha

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 19, 2015
There is a mix of high and low income students in this school.... I never see a difference being made between the two. It takes adult examples in front of youth to build this bridge .

Posted November 19, 2015
I truly can not say enough about this school. My kids had an appointment that ended at two and begged to go back to school!! Mr. Winningham , the principal, aka Papa Panda is the best! The relationship he has with the kids is amazing and setting a great experience for the kids as to what to expect from school. Every morning is started with the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag and an uplifting message to start the day. My 18 yr old daughter went to school here and now my 6 and 7 year olds... This schools values are timeless. I loved it then and I love it even more as we grow!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 19, 2015
I can't say enough about this school. I choose to send my kids here and drive them past our zoned school everyday. The principal aka "Papa Panda" is like no other I have ever met. I wish I had a principal like this when I was in school! Every morning starts with a group of kids in the office saying the pledge over the loud speaker and an uplifting message from the principal to get the day started. The teachers seem genuinely happy to spend their day with the kids and the kids seem happy to be there. My girls had a doctors appointment and got out at 2pm and begged to go back to school the last hour. What a blessing !!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted October 24, 2015

Posted August 03, 2011
This is a humble school located in a poorer part of town, but it's still excellent. The teachers adore the students, and the students adore being there. The administration works very well with the teachers, and the parents are actively involved. it's also a beautiful campus.

Posted January 25, 2009
Parkview is an awesome school in all areas. The teachers,staff,students, and parents are all great. My daughter has been at Parkview since Pre-K and is now in 2nd grade, I wouldnt dream of sending her anywhere else.

Posted July 29, 2005
Transferred my son from 'Capshaw' because of them giving him low self esteem...he has been at ParkView 2 yrs. now and he loves it...and the entire family loves it...I'm an avid volunteer, the Teachers, Principle and Staff are the best I have ever dealt with.

545 Scott Avenue, Cookeville, TN  38501
Last modified Park View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.