Cookeville, TN

Posted August 07, 2014
I have no knowledge how regular classes are conducted but the special needs classes are exceptional in this school.The teachers are caring and try their best to give these children everything they need.My son is Autistic and went there from 4th to 8th grade and excelled tremendously.His speech got so much better he can express himself and his feelings now.He also is very good in math loved the sport program's and the extra activities that were available in that school like swimming and visits to a horse stable that were qualified to work with special needs children.The children also give you valuable information what is available in the community for special needs children if you ask them.My experience with this school was the best.Also a personal thanks to Ms.Walker and Ms.Best who made our experience with this school so exceptional.

Algood Middle School 2

Posted April 10, 2012
My son attends this school and the administration is extremely unprofessional. The academics seem to be lacking compared to other middle schools in the county, especially in math. They actually hired a math teacher who was not retained at the high school. We went to an orientation when our son started there and the principal strolled in 20 minutes after the scheduled start time, then spent 10 more minutes glad handing all the local cronies before they began (no respect for the parents time). The school is all about who you know ... and your perceived standing in the community. I sure wish we'd moved into the Avery Trace boundries!

Algood Middle School 1

Posted January 10, 2012
This is the worst school I have seen in my lifetime! They seem to be more interested in money than children. We felt our child was mistreated and had a very poor teacher. I cant believe what goes on in this world today. I would pick another school if looking to move in the Cookeville area anything is better then Algood Elementry.

Posted August 03, 2011
This is such a great school! My kids love it!! And it's super convenient, too, being adjacent to the middle school.

Posted December 09, 2010
it is a great school my daughter attended 4th -8th graduating in 2007 & moved on to the high school where she is a senior this year. My son is in 8th grade this year and has been there since 1st grade. We love the teachers, staff and faculty the effort they put forth to be the best and do the best for the children.

Algood Middle School 4

Posted February 05, 2010
As of 2009-2010 school year, this school has definitely improved. Change of administration, changed the whole atmosphere. The new principal Jill Ramsey is pleasant, inviting and makes a trip to the school enjoyable. My child who is in 2nd grade at this time is blessed to have a wonderful teacher Miss. Christy who really goes the extra step to encourage the children to do their very best. I cannot speak for anyone else but to me and my family this 'change' has been nothing but positive !

Algood Middle School 0

Posted August 06, 2009
I give our wonderful school and 5 out of 5. I have never expierenced such a great school. The staff and faculty are fantastic

Algood Middle School 4

Posted July 24, 2009

Posted June 17, 2009
My daughter has been going here for a year and we have been very pleased with both the staff and the curriculum. They pay special attention to those students who need more attention because of a specific need. In regard to the other reviews I have had none of the problems mentioned with the administration. They were always very helpful with any questions or concerns that I may have had. I would recommend Algood to any parent.

Algood Middle School 1

Posted April 06, 2009
Algood Elementary is a sad excuse for a school, everything is based on favoritism, cliques, & who you know. I have never seen such a horrible administration, & lack of professionalism. We as parents must join together & make some big changes !!

Algood Middle School
540 Dry Valley Rd, Cookeville, TN  38506
Last modified Algood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Algood Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top