Posted October 21, 2014
Chimney rock elementary is not a good schools put your students in is not as a school to be a dino what's your kids on the playground my kids always come home hurtfrom playing outside on the other from playing on the playground but Karenina elementary is a good school to send your children. ...

Posted July 01, 2013
This school needs to improve and fast . I am not happy with this school . teachers do not watch kids on play grounds. There is a lot of bulling. They do not work with kids with IEPS. I AM TRYING TO MOVE TO GET MY KIDS AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL .THIS SCHOOL HAS PUT THIS FAMILY IN A LOT OF PAIN .I GIVE IT A FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF,S ALL THE WAY A ROUND

Chimneyrock Elementary School 5

Posted April 02, 2013
my family and I love Chimneyrock... My daughter is in 1st grade. I am pleased with her teacher, the staff and everything she has learned thus far..

Posted August 13, 2012
Most of the test scores are below the national average. I had a bad experience the 1st week of school. My 7 yr old was forced to sign a legal document without parents present and we were not even told about it, it was sent home in folder.

Posted March 20, 2012
My children have attended Chimneyrock since 2006. We have been through al of the administration changes and staff upheavals. I think the the quality of some of the staff has gone down since MCS has taken over. I can say that the first grade teachers at Chimneyrock have been the best so far. I felt like I knew each one because of the wonderful stories I got from my daughter. That team TRULY seemed like a genuine family and all of my children have cried when they left first grade!

Chimneyrock Elementary School 5

Posted December 15, 2011
I am so pleased and grateful that Chimney Rock is the school my daughter attends, She started Kindergarten this year and just absolutely loves everything about it to her teachers,gym class and even homework. As a military family we have made many moves and our daughter has been exposed to many different environments, people and places...she tells us everyday how she loves her school and wants to stay in TN just for her school...the crazy girl who used to say she couldn't wait to go to highschool is now telling us how she only wants to go the last grade and stay there. Im sure her reponse will change over the years but between uniforms and etc..we are completely satisfied with Chimney Rock.

Posted August 03, 2011
We love Chimneyrock! And MCS taking over has been the best thing that's happened for the school in the 4 years we've been there - they came in and completely redid the school - every stick of furniture, computer and library book is brand new. They fixed the things that've needed to be fixed, repainted and freshened up the building down to the ceiling tiles. Because of MCS opening a new school, our overcrowded enrollment was reduced by 400 students. Every teacher K-4 is a returning teacher who chose to stay with the school. And our administration is amazing - far better than we ever had with SCS! We also have more activities offered as well as more individualized instruction for special needs children. Plus free breakfast for every child every morning, so they all have the opportunity to start the day off nourished. The PTA is very active and offers lots of support to our school. We love it! I only gave us 4 stars simply because there's always room for improvement - I'd love to have some foreign language offered as well as more after-school activities offered, but I think that's in the works. We love our school!

Posted August 02, 2010
This will be my fourth year at Chimneyrock, and now that MCS is in charge it will be the BEST ever! They are totally committed to providing an environment of excellence that SCS was not able to achieve. We have an outstanding group of teachers who chose to stay and teach at the school instead of transferring to other SCS schools. We are very excited about teaching your children and providing a safe, nurturing environment. Our new administration is AWESOME!!

Posted July 31, 2010
This is a great school. They have a very active reading program and the teachers stay involved with the kids. In the 2 &1/2 years we have been here, the only problems I have seen the teachers have is with the kids whose PARENTS don't stay as focused and invested with their childs education as the teachers and staff do. The teachers have always welcomed and encouraged parent involovement, the school is older but is always well maintained and clean. The only thing I wish they had was spanish classes and a larger play area for the kids like our old school in VA did. Aside from that it is great. When we moved out here people were going nuts about the school being annexed in with Memphis City schools and I think the teachers and staff are handling the change wonderfully.

Chimneyrock Elementary School 2

Posted August 04, 2009

Chimneyrock Elementary School
8601 Chimneyrock Blvd, Cordova, TN  38016
Last modified Chimneyrock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4
Chimneyrock Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top