Cordova, TN
Students enrolled: 1,185

Posted July 17, 2013
I graduated class of 2012 and I couldn't have been happier with the education I received there. Yes, some teachers are worthless, but you can't find a high school in America where there aren't a few bad eggs. I see some people said they didn't have homework...well they were either ignoring the homework or taking the lightest course load possible. I took honors classes and a couple AP's my senior year and had at least 2 hours of homework every night. My junior year I had a minimum of 3. SBA has so many great things to get involved in and the support the student body has for each other is incredible. I know I have made friends for life. At the time, I didn't think I was receiving an amazing education, but as soon as I came to college, I realized just how blessed I was to go to such a great school. Many of my classmates could not even write a simple paper in the MLA format, something I knew like the back of my hand when I left SBA. Similarly, my classmates also seemed to succumb to the pressure of the "workload." For me, their claims seemed preposterous. I give all the credit to SBA for my success in college. My only critique would be for better teachers in the math department.

Posted March 28, 2013
I am currently a sophomore at St. Benedict and am about to go into my third year here. I'm surprised at some of the reviews calling it unorganized - the school is extremely organized, the teachers actually know what they're teaching, and the school uses a blend of technology and traditional teaching in the classroom. The library is fantastic and equipped with many computers for work at lunch or before and after school. The classes are not too large and even the biggest classes still have an allowance for one-on-one with the teacher. Several of the teachers I've had are willing to stay after school for HOURS to help students that are having a tough time. We have had a fantastic principal, though he is unfortunately leaving at the end of this school year. We have high hopes for an equally friendly and understanding principal next year. All in all, a FANTASTIC school; I attended St. Agnes (a much more expensive, 'high end' school) for two years and you couldn't pay me to leave St. Bens and go back to SAA!

Posted August 07, 2010
I was shocked to hear some of the negative comments from students. SBA is super clean. I've never seen a cleaner school, ever. The school is very modern and high tech and basically looks like a brand new school inside and out. The principal is very caring and communicates very efficiently. He's hilariously funny and he's a parent so he knows what we're dealing with at home. The teachers are friendly, challenging and helpful and so are the guidence counselors and the rest of the staff. My daughter will be entering her sophmore year at SBA this year. We live in a very good school district and we could just save our money and send our daughter to the high school where we live but SBA is worth every penny we're paying and we wouldn't trust our daughter's education to anyone else.

Posted March 22, 2010
I have a junior and a freshman at St. Benedict and we are extremely pleased academically, athletically and socially. The atmosphere is safe and conducive to learning. They are having the best time of their lives...the way it should be in high school!!

Posted November 03, 2009
I have one daughter that graduated last year and one as a Freshman this year. The school is hard but in the long run the students excel like no other in college. My daughter is excelling in BioChemical Engineer thanks to SBA.

St. Benedict at Auburndale 4

Posted February 02, 2009
I am an alumni of Saint Benedict. I started there in 1st grade when the classes were only 40ish students. When I graduated in 2006 there were 133. Now I'm in college and when I tell people I woke up every morning, put on my uniform and went to class at the same school for 12 years they are shocked. But truly they were a wonderful 12 years. Saint Benedict was a nurturing, safe and fun place to be. The education I received was stellar but beyond that I had opportunities to be involved in so many things like theatre, knowledge bowl, SGA, softball, basketball and cross-country. The multitude of extracurriculars made me a well-rounded person. The friends I made were wonderful people who will go on to do wonderful things. SBA sent me into the world grounded and well prepared.

St. Benedict at Auburndale 0

Posted December 13, 2008
I student taught at St. Benedict during the spring of 2005 which was during the first year that the school occupied its new and present space. Some of the reviews were written before the 04-05 school year when st. Benedict was still in an older building shared with st. Francis middle and elementary schools. I was impressed with the beautiful grounds and high tec campus. The art program includes a videography class, ceramics and a photography studio complete with dark room. The school is set up with smart boards and lap top carts. They also have an excellent theater and set shop. The cafeteria is beautiful with large windows and actually has great food! The teachers I worked with were committed and capable. The student body was overall respectful, well- behaved and high achieving. I am going to send my children there one day!

Posted October 16, 2008
I'm a little surprised by some of the low ratings I see. My daughter is in 9th grade and we could not be more pleased. The teachers are commited to helping her achieve her goals. The principal is great and has an ear for every concern.

St. Benedict at Auburndale 1

Posted April 25, 2008
I currently attend SBA and believe that they should review their teachers more in depth. I find a few teachers to be overly pretentious and very condescending to students. It makes for a stressful situation and makes it more difficult to learn.

Posted April 14, 2008
My children go to St. Francis of Assisi. I have only positive things to say about this school. The children receive an excellent education in a caring and nurturing environment. The curriculum is both challenging and creative. I am thankful to have such outstanding school inthe memphis area! Colleen Dearing

St. Benedict at Auburndale
8250 Varnavas Drive, Cordova, TN  38016
Last modified St. Benedict at Auburndale is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St. Benedict at Auburndale Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top