Cordova Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2014
My children attended Cordova for one full year and a partial second. Initially it's status as an Optional School sounded promising, though it certainly proved to be less than pleasing. The school environment is very bland. Unimaginative. The teachers seem as lack-luster as the office staff (who frequently look bored). They've embraced Common Core without doing an efficient job at applying it. They assign copious amounts of homework for the low grades and deduct points when it isn't completed properly (though they do a poor job explaining what should be done). There was nothing warm, exciting or proactie about the environment. We were happy to find a better option for our children. I don't recommend this school unless rigorous academics and authoritative teaching is your style.

Cordova Elementary School 3

Posted February 18, 2014
The fourth grade teachers are so unorganized with their teaching method. I was confused within the first 10 minutes of sitting in on one of the classes. I don't know how in the world the children learn at all.

Posted January 13, 2014
I love Cordova Elementary! I have a kindergartener and a 4th grader, my children are getting an A++ education! The teachers and staff are fantastic and Mrs. Avanzi is the best principal in SCS. There are many great and exciting things happening at CES!!

Posted November 24, 2013
I love Cordova Elementary! I have had at least one child in CES since 2005 and the school just gets better every year. Mrs. Avanzi is committed to making CES the best school in Shelby County. She hires nothing but the BEST when it comes to teachers and staff. I know the teachers and administration care about the success of each student that walks through the doors of Cordova Elementary School.

Cordova Elementary School 1

Posted August 09, 2012
Unorganized. Blame focused. There is no accountability. It's always someone else's fault. Just fix the problems.

Cordova Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2012
I have two children at this school because of the optional program. They offer advanced academics which has provided a challenging curriculum for the students. I think the strength is the strong, positive leadership of the principal, Mrs. Avanzi. Overall, it has been a positive experience. I have found the staff to be responsive and open to involving the parents. I regret that budget cuts in recent years have taken away Spanish classes and some support staff.

Cordova Elementary School 2

Posted December 31, 2011
Just read the latest review stating this site is being monitored. This is probably true because a crazed control freak runs this school. Ask yourself this: How well do I really know the principal and teachers? I agree, the Kindergarten teachers are great at Cordova, however, the upper grades - not so great. Make a surprise visit, you'll see.

Cordova Elementary School 2

Posted December 27, 2011
I wrote a negative review this morning, and now it is gone. I was right, someone is monitoring this site to offset and delete negative reviews of Cordova Elementary.

Cordova Elementary School 4

Posted October 31, 2011
In regards to this most recent posting, I would like to say that while this parent must have had a bad experience with this teacher, I believe all the other accusations to be way off base. The school does not smell, the staff is, for the most part, very nice, and the principal is always present and available to talk to parents. She is also very involved with the children and I'd wager she can name every child in the school! I have had one child or another in CES since 2005, and have been very happy overall.

Posted August 10, 2011
WE LOVE CORDOVA ELEMENTARY! My son was a student there for K-5 and now my daughter is in 2nd grade. The teachers are wonderful and really care for the students. They hold each student to a high standard of learning and accountability. Mrs. Avanzi is one of the best principals in Memphis City Schools and Shelby County. She works hard to make sure CES is a top school!

Cordova Elementary School
750 Sanga Rd, Cordova, TN  38018
Last modified Cordova Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cordova Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews.