Bad
Good

Posted August 07, 2013
It really saddens me to see that this school doesn't appear to have made many changes with their anti bullying policy. My son attended CIAA in 2011. The comments made by 2 previous parents in 2012 and 2013, is wht we experienced while my son attended CIAA . He was bullied n the staff did nothing to stop it, they actually contributed to it by embarrassing my son in his classes n he has a learning disability. I think the elementary school may b ok, but he had horrible experience in 6 th grade. We needless to say removed our son from this school and is doing great in another Tipton county middle school.

Posted May 07, 2013
My son attended CIAA and there is a huge lack of communication between the parents and teachers. Many classroom programs are not been taught by the teacher but by an actual computer program. Nothing this school has done has been evidenced based. The teachers are allowed to play by their own rules and not follow the rules of the law and education system.

Posted November 01, 2012
My son transferred to this school from a Shelby County school. I believe we were mislead about what kind of school this really is. Anytime I call the school, the lady in the office has an attitude. My son comes home and tells me how the faculty yell at him. Also, my son has never been picked on before he started at this school. When he is hit or pinched at school and tells his teacher, she simply tells him she doesn't have time for it. They claim to have an anti-bullying pledge but I don't see it. I will be transferring my son tomorrow.

Covington Integrated Arts Academy 5

Posted September 05, 2012
We are a military family who just moved out here. This school has been wonderful with the adjustment of our girls and making us feel welcome in a small town. I love how the classes are smaller to better the education for the children. The principle is wonderful too! Honestly, every person that I have came into contact from CIAA has been wonderful!

Covington Integrated Arts Academy 5

Posted August 08, 2010
I have to children that attend thos school as well as nieces. This school is great and I compliment the school as well as the principal Mrs. Sanford for showing involvement with the students. The teachers are great and I give them a five for the past 3 years of experience with them.

Covington Integrated Arts Academy 4

Posted September 17, 2009
My son has blossomed since he started at C.I.A.A.. This is his 2nd full year and the transformation has been incredible. Everyone has been so nice, helpful and encouraging. I'm very pleased.

Posted July 20, 2009
My daughter attended this school last year as a K and had a WONERFUL teacher. She was supportive, helpful, and concerned for my child's well-being. My daughter will also be there for the 09-10 school year. CIAA is a great arts- integrated school, and I would suggest all that can, tour the school. Check out the awesome leadership and outstanding faculty and support staff.

Covington Integrated Arts Academy 4

Posted May 28, 2009
I have two children at CIAA. They are both reading above grade level thanks to teachers who are willing to expand their minds. The extra music/dance/drama/ and visual arts experience that they gain there would not be given at any other school in Tipton county.

Posted March 19, 2008
I have two children at this school also and I am also very disappointed in this school. I beleive they pick more about the little things and not enough about the kids education.

Posted January 24, 2008
I have two children at this school and have had a horrible experience here. Both of my children are suffering academically, which was not the case before at their previous attended school. The administration does not work with you to make you feel involved. Also, one of my children was also yelled at by a teacher. My children will not be attending this school any longer unless some major changes are made.

760 Bert Johnston Avenue, Covington, TN  38019
Last modified Covington Integrated Arts Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.