Crossville, TN

Posted April 08, 2014
Two of our three children are now adults who attended South Elementary and were each inspired to become successful adults by the many wonderful and encouraging teachers there. With our third child rezoned to another school we didn't know what to expect and unfortunately had a rough, unproductive and conforming start. After four years of struggle at the rezoned school we decided to transfer and now our youngest is also attending South Elementary. I have to say of the two Elementary schools we tried the administration and teaching staff at South Elementary are much more perfectly in sync with one another and are well established. In The culture at South is more tolerant, diverse and well balanced for our children who are inadvertently exposed to diversity through traveling to visit relatives or in general with their parents where a vast array of cultures and intolerance exist in the world. I believe South Elementary is and has prepared my children academically as well as providing the skills needed to survive because they teach "tolerance" and "acceptance" better than any other facility in our experience.

Posted October 20, 2009
i love sce the teachers are so nice!!go lady rebels!mr.pharris is awesome

Posted September 09, 2008
I honestly am thankful my daughter was able to attend South. It is far beyond the other school she attended before we moved to this side of town. Mr Gibert was and is the best teacher ever.

Posted March 08, 2006
South is the best school, and anyone would love this school. It has helped to make me a much better student especially Mr. Gilbert. Love the school.

Posted December 10, 2005
South Cumberland is a GREAT school. I love it to death and everyone there. I'm proud to say that everyone there has helped me to become who I am today and keep up all the good work.

Posted January 16, 2005
we recently moved here from ny. I have a child with a learning disability and I also have a child with a hearing disability. I feel the school has done everything they can to give my children the best education they could have. no, they were not as 'advanced' as the school they had attended, but have done everything possible to give them what they need. they not only have given them what they need to succeed, but have kept we the parents well informed of every decision that is being made in our children's best interest. I love crossville and south cumberland elementary school! keep up the good work.

South Cumberland Elementary School 1

Posted August 25, 2004
The Mother that wrote the review in May 2004 said 'The school failed to recognize a learning disability in her child.' I believe her because the school is over crowded and some teachers do not have the time to evaluate all the students. Some teachers only notice a student is having problems when a student has a low test score. By the time these teachers get those test scores the student is behind. Teachers should catch this in the beginning of the school year. This school needs help with over crowded class & teacher needs to practice what they were taught at the University.

Posted July 11, 2004
I beleive South is the best school in Cumberland County. I also don't think that they will just fail your child if they have a learning disability. They try 2 help your child and if they see your child is not trying then they go into a conference. If they see that you don't care how your child is doing then they try to help your child even more. By the end of the year if they see your child has no improvement they think your child needs to be held back and worked with again. So therefore your child is worked with the best they can be. The sports program is great. The girls basketball team were county champions for two years in a row, they were also AAA state champions back to back the past to years also. This past year (2003-2004) they had a new coach a very good person in general but they came 3rd.

South Cumberland Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2004
This school is ok if your child is an average or above average student, however if your child struggles with school work, or has any level of learning challenges, they will not succeed at this school. The school failed to recognize a learning disability in my child and instead failed him. We have since had him tested and he does have a learning disability that was not recognized or acknowledged when he was tested at South school. I feel that the children with learning disabilities are looked down upon or labeled as bad children. It has taken a lot of work to undo the damage done to my childs self esteem and self worth by this school and it's teachers. The classes are really overcrowded, so they have no choice but to leave behind those children who are not 'normal'

South Cumberland Elementary School 4

Posted March 29, 2004
i believe south is a very good school my daughter has went there since she was in k now she is a 6th grader.it has a family homie athmoshere.children really like the teachers and my daughter has always felt safe and at ease while in attending.i do believe it is very crowded tho and it does need more teachers but everything elese is great all kinds of activites sports etc i wouldnt want her no where else

3536 Lantana Road, Crossville, TN  38572
Last modified South Cumberland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Cumberland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top