Culleoka, TN

Culleoka Unit School 5

Posted May 31, 2011
My children went to this school for middle and high school. Both received scholarships and my youngest child won academic scholarships and had a full ride to a private college. There are now honors courses and higher level math and science courses as well. Students get out of their education what they put into it.

Culleoka Unit School 5

Posted May 16, 2011
I have 4 children enrolled in Culleoka and I have been nothing but pleased with the school. One of my sons is in first grade and they helped diagnose him with a reading disability and have been actively helping him with his problem. The special ed teacher has been working with him since Kindergarten. My youngest son is in Kindergarten and his birthday is on the cut off date to start school so he is the youngest in his class and his teacher was very supportive and helpful with him. My oldest came from a private school in California and the level of learning is almost equal, and he enjoys the computer classes offered at school and has excelled in that area. My other first grader has been challenged and encouraged properly in his academics. So, to all the people who gave the school a bad review you might need to check back now, it must have changed in the last few years for the better.

Culleoka Unit School 1

Posted July 21, 2010
this school offers very little in sports, extra curricular activities or college prep. one parent said it perfectly by saying this school resembles a cult. bullies are allowed to continue to be bullies without any punishment. many kids are raising kids before graduation. there is not much to dissuade this type of behavior either. there are very few teachers and administrators who are truly concerned with the well-being and future of the kids. i say if you can send your kids to another school.

Posted October 17, 2009
I love this school.It is just the right size for a small school.The learning is great.

Posted March 23, 2009
i think that this school needs to improve on teaching there students the material better and concentrate individual needs of each student thank-you

Culleoka Unit School 3

Posted March 16, 2008
I agree that there is little attention paid to college prep. It is the Maury County Board of Ed. (Eddie Hickman) who is responsible for placing classes at the schools. They are available at other schools in the county, just not ours. The principal knows full well what we are lacking. His boss says no. It is our principal's job to work with what we have and not rock the boat with his boss. Remember, he can be one bad decision away from teaching in a classroom. It is our job as parents to make requests. I suggest requesting them in writing to the Maury County School Board (everyone), as well as Mr. Eddie Hickman, Mrs. Mary-Ruth Campbell, Mr. Rick Roninson at the central office, Mr. Quirk, Mr. Harris, Mrs. Brown at our school as well as the PTA and Academic Boosters. Get involved and make sure your requests are known.

Culleoka Unit School 2

Posted February 26, 2008
While I love the idea of a K-12 school, I'm not sure the children learn all that's needed to carry them over into a smooth transition for college. My children, who had very high grades, taking the college path, did poorly on the ACT. Please explain how that can occur?

Culleoka Unit School 4

Posted November 01, 2007
I graduated from Culleoka 4 years ago and I absolutely loved it. I moved from Michigan and I found that the students were very welcoming and the teachers were very nice. Coach Howell and Mrs. McWilliams are both incredible teachers. We definately need more like them. Not only are they fun, but they make learning interesting. I found that I could go to them at any time for help. The same goes for Mr. Allred. Im terrible at math and he helped me and never made me feel dumb or incompetent. I do agree with the negative feedback about the principals, except Coach Harris, he has always been very nice and helpful. I am proud to have graduated from Culleoka Unit School and I know many of my peers are, too. Almost every single person Ive graduated with went to college and is doing well!

Culleoka Unit School 1

Posted August 05, 2007
I was absolutely amazed by the unprofessional and unorganized office staff,principal, and teachers at Culleoka School. After my second year here our family has realized that it was a terrible miscalculation. The first year was full of disappointments, no playground equipment, text books, and limited classes. The staff has little concern with the future of our children. The Principal has in every case found it necessary to try to talk down to us. Sure there are a few good teachers on staff. But after our parent-teacher meeting I left very unsatisfied and concerned about my children's continued education. This school does not influence the children with expectations of continuing on to college or give them the proper tools to do so. We love this area but are moving to insure our children's future.

Culleoka Unit School 4

Posted December 14, 2006
As students of Culleoka we think that our teachers are not as bad as a lot of people say they are. We are around them around them every day, and a lot of them we look up to, and spend time with daily. The problem are the princpals. They are way to strict and it seems that they only want to get kids in trouble. A lot of parents are gonna blame the students and say its our faults but it not. Its the staff. Take it from the students. We should know!

1921 Warrior La, Culleoka, TN  38451
Last modified Culleoka Unit School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Culleoka Unit School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top