Cunningham, TN

Posted May 17, 2013
I am a mother of six children, four of them have attended this school all of their lives. The other two have attended since being with us. When your child looks at you and states that they love school, and that the principals and teachers are their friends, the faculty are definately doing something right! All of my children love attending school here. The principal knows every child on a first name basis and greets each child in the morning as they arrive. They have classes on values which is unheard of at any other school I have encountered. They get a gift and lunch with the principal on their birthday as well as free ice cream! Not only does the principal know all the students but all the parents as well. My daughter in high school is involved with 2 seperate programs that assist in aiding with reading skills at the school. The teachers are hand-picked with great care and are above all others. Children are the priority here and that I feel is how every school should be. They have free tutoring, programs to help them in reading, and a friendly, enjoyable, learning enviornment. I give this school 5 stars!

Posted February 26, 2013
My daughter attend MCES kindergarten thru 5th grade and I couldnt have asked for a better experience. The principal is so wonderful and genuinely cares for the students and goes out of her way. The teachers were always helpful and communicated with me on a regular basis and was happy to do so. My daughter was so happy and loved every teacher and staff there. i would never send my kids to any other school:)

Montgomery Central Elementary School 1

Posted September 12, 2012
I'm afraid I have to disagree with many of the posts regarding this school. I have multiple children at this school and am strongly considering alternate placement. This school is ill-equipped to deal with children who are "out of the norm" and the administration is very close-minded and uninterested in opposing viewpoints, to the detriment of the student.

Posted November 14, 2010
I give Montgomery Central Elementary School a 5 star rating. I have 3 kids that have attended MCES since their first day of Kindergarden. The teachers and staff are wonderful. MCES also promotes parent involvement, which I feel is an important part of educational success. I am currently going to school to become a teacher and hope to one teach at MCES.

Montgomery Central Elementary School 0

Posted April 20, 2010
It is a very unique school built around a pond. The children who attend this school have a wonderful, peaceful learning environment! I believe children should be introduced to different learning enviroments. This school embraces these environments. They have an outdoor classroom in which the children receive instruction outside the normal four wall settings. I give this school a 5 star rating!

Montgomery Central Elementary School 2

Posted November 06, 2009

Posted April 22, 2009
This is the best school in Tennessee> The principle is great, and careing towards the kids. The teachers are great and it is a laid back relaxed atmosphere.

Posted January 20, 2009
This school is somewhat a country school, compared to the location of other schools in this county. So, you might be tempted to assume they are backwards or behind-the-times. Don't. Just spend 5 minutes in the office, 5 minutes in a classroom, and 5 minutes in the library. You will be wanting to send your kids here. It is warm, friendly and inviting--not to mention challenging. They care enough to not give busy work, but really assignments that kids (and parents) learn from. The library has great books and is encouraging of students to love reading. I love this school for it's love of kids. The best part is that the principal knows all the kids (really all) by their first name. Now that's impressive.

Posted December 16, 2008
As a mother of 5 public schools are an important issue with me. My children have been in Montgomery Central Elementary, Middle and High Schools over the last 16 years. The people in these schools are amazing (especially the elementary school) children are valued and are taught values as well. As a parent it is wonderful to know that when you send your children to school each day, your chidren are improving on the people they are becoming even when they are away from you. I think it is the best school area and waited years to get my children into this school zone for the one on one teaching, the respect each child is shown, and the values that are provided. Also my children look forward to school each day. The principal knows every child in the school on a first name basis! They are best of the best!

Posted October 22, 2008
i love this school! my kids have such a great time and look forward to going to school.

Montgomery Central Elementary School
4011 Hwy 48, Cunningham, TN  37052
Last modified Montgomery Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montgomery Central Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top