Dickson County High School 3

Posted June 12, 2014
I went to Dickson County HS 30 years ago. I'm still a Cougar at heart. When I went there, academic activities including the Math Contest, the Science Fair, and other competitions were considered very important. We had several students place well in both statewide and national competitions. Sports has always been #1 at this school, and I suspect that's not going to change. But, if students and parents are willing to be the exception and stand out from the crowd, excellence is definitely available. You must be willing and dedicated, and never care what others think. From DCHS, I was able to successfully graduate from both College and Grad School, and I had a successful career at NASA as well as Verizon Wireless. You can make it here.... But you must make your own path and not be satisfied with mediocrity.

Dickson County High School 1

Posted December 19, 2012
It's really hard to say anything good about this school some of the teachers are ok but mostly they are incompetent sports are up on a pedestal if you play football you can get away with murder I would say I am not prepared for college at all they feel if you don't take honors classes then it doesn't matter if you know how to do anything the office workers are always in a bad mood even though they barely do anything all day the administration is godawful

Posted September 12, 2012
I recently just stopped going to Dickson because of personal issues. But I loved the school when I went there. A lot of people were to get along with and if my mother wouldn't of passed away, I would still be going to the wonderful school. The academics were good. I enjoyed the school. I miss it alot. I have went to Humphreys county school and they are not near is good. The students arent as friendly, the staff isn't as good, and the lunches are terrible. The prinipal was friendly and actually spoke to everyone. The school had two students pass away this year and I was friends with both, and the school was behind the family and friends. Wonderful School!

Posted May 13, 2011
I have had children in Rutherford Schools, Metro-Nashville Schools and now Dickson High School. Overall, their EOC scores are higher, the disciplen is better, there are more honors/AP offerings, more varied elective offerings - and in my opinion they demand far more personal responsibility from my children. This is a good way to prepare them for college. I moved to this county because of the district's good reputation for being a safe, strict, and structured learning environment. And they have not dissappointed me.

Dickson County High School 1

Posted May 05, 2011
This school is one of the worst schools in the state of Tenn. If your student is having any troubles at all they will put him/her in "special classes" in which all they do is discipline the student and read everything to them, the school WILL NOT do anything to help them learn. The staff is never on the same page and do not know what other staff is saying or doing, one so called staff member will tell you one thing and another staff member will say the exact opposite. Then if you try to contact them you will be ignored for long periods of time and when you do get a hold of someone they will flat out lie to your face. As for the good reviews on this site I have been personally told by a staff member at Dickson High School that they have been encouraged to go on the internet and post reviews of the school to make it look better. If you care about your children s education at all please, please do not force them to go to this school.

Posted December 03, 2010
this school is great i go there and the school spirit is wonderful so are the acedemics everything is wonderful.

Dickson County High School 2

Posted October 30, 2010
Some of the students were barely literate. If you stick with the honors classes and take an ACT / SAT prep course, you might make it through college. Don't count on it, though. The honors students were mostly druggies, and the good kids were to clique-ish to get to know.

Dickson County High School 0

Posted April 01, 2010
This school is Horrible. The Things that they are Teaching here are very Far Behind and the Language courses there's only 2 to choose from.

Posted July 27, 2009

Posted September 03, 2008

Dickson County High School
509 Henslee Dr, Dickson, TN  37055
Last modified Dickson County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dickson County High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top