Dickson Elementary School 0

Posted November 18, 2009
I love this school. My two children went there now my grandchild. It is a great school.

Posted March 25, 2009

Posted January 14, 2009
Dickson Elementary School is the best school my child has ever attended. We recently moved to the area and was worried about the school system. We are zoned for another school, but we decided to come out of zone to a smaller school and have been very please with the academics, especially the Value Plus Program. Our child got the learn to play the dulcimer and perform in a mini concert and this boosted her self esteem

Posted December 09, 2008
They administration and staff at this school are excellent. They work hard every day to make the students feel important and to teach the curriculum in a fun and exciting way. My children love this school and were very upset when they thought they would have to be rezoned to another school. I hope they keep up the good work.

Dickson Elementary School 1

Posted November 22, 2007

Dickson Elementary School 1

Posted July 21, 2005
If your child academically advanced he or she will not be after attending this school. Some teachers are very good, but others can be found yelling at children at any given time of the day. My child LOVED school through prescool and kindergarten and now complains of a stomach ache almost everyday so that he won't have to go. Some teachers at this school are in the business of dumbing down above average students. These children are left sitting for 8 hours a day learning nothing so that other kids can catch up.

Posted July 13, 2005
DES is a wonderful school in which to teach and send my children. I have been very pleased with the faculties ability to take care of my children's academic needs. Reading Recovery for my needy child and challenges for my advanced child has helped them be confident and successful. DES also provides choir, competitive sports and art during the school year. A variety of parent involvement activities throughout the year such as workshops, class plays, and cooking activities.

Posted September 07, 2004
My child attended this school and I was very pleased with the education my child received. I liked the small school family atmosphere. I feel my child had a wonderful wealth of opportunities to succeed. My child enjoyed the teachers,principal, and staff and still speaks fondly of them. I appreciate their effort in my child's education and I feel my child grew as a person as well.

Posted July 19, 2004
My child attended Dickson Elementary this year and we had a very successful year. I feel very comfortable dropping my child off at the front door every morning. I am glad to know my child is in a safe and loving environment. Looking forward to August 2nd.

Posted June 16, 2004
My child attended DES this pass year. I have to say the staff, as well as the principal, were great. The staff at DES works well together and supports one another. As for the principal, anytime I had a problem his door was always open and he was very open-minded. As far as the curriculum, I was sent home the objectives that would be covered that nine weeks. I was always informed of how my child was progressing in school. I always felt good about how my child's learning, security, and mental abilities were developing. I knew the staff at DES was fullfilling their obligations to provide an education for my child. Let's face it, if you as a parent are doing your best to teach your child good study habits and knowledge about the world around them, the rest will take care of itself. Thanks for a great year!

Dickson Elementary School
120 West Broad St, Dickson, TN  37055
Last modified Dickson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dickson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top