Dickson, TN
Students enrolled: 1,173

Dickson Middle School 2

Posted July 18, 2015
DMS 6th grade campus. DMS has a strict atmosphere, however bullying is ignored by many teachers and administration. Concerns of parents are dismissed, without proper investigation. The school lacks empathy. The transition from elementary to middle is a hard one, and DMS only makes it harder. Although there are a few great teachers (my daughter loved her drama and math teacher) ...other teachers controlled students with yelling and intimidation. This was not a good learning environment for my child - I decided to home-school after being told by two different counselors and multiple parents... that the DMS main campus was worse.

Posted June 23, 2014
This year we decided to let our child attend sixth grade as it is a different campus, not mixed with seventh & eighth grades. It was a huge mistake! Unfortunately,bullies get away with everything & anything. Boys punching boys, punching girls, attacking both physically and emotionally. Teachers already to not care at all. The gym teacher eats cheeseburgers while his class exercises. To put it kindly, he should be exercising with them. The language arts teacher could use some life coping skills and a lesson on how to treat others. There are some like Mrs. Rile, that are phenomenal teachers and they love children! Lastly, the principal "out of the loop" & to make a better presence. I would urge you to spend the money like we are now, and opt for private school for both Middle and High School, if you are stuck in the Dickson County School system.

Posted June 08, 2014
Run from any and all of Dickson schools! Billing is not only tolerated but, it seems to be encouraged in this trashy town. Smoking is the norm for parents and teachers at all schools here. Teachers are horrible! They are mean, demeaning, obese, and obviously Vertu unhappy with their lives. It's sad for the children that are forced to go to these schools. The quality of life in Dickson poor at next. The people here don't care about themselves or the pitiful community.

Posted June 02, 2013
Worse staff in history, don't even get me started it with the front office, the are horrible, the need some ethics/customer service classes badly. Seems like if you are something other than white you will be single out for EVERYTHING.

Posted September 01, 2012
I really enjoy the middle school its very easy to get through its very compatible for a whole bunch of student this year my school has the biggest group ever

Posted April 30, 2012
We were very displeased with the school. Our son faced several incidents of bullying and from this became very depressed and negative towards school. Some of the teachers did a good job while others hardly communicated at all. We decided homeschooling was a better choice and have seen our son's old personality return.

Dickson Middle School

Posted October 01, 2008
I love this school there is many sports to get involved in. The teachers are great and they are funny which helps us to study and have fun.

Posted April 10, 2004
Johnny Chandler (principal) really knows how to connect with the children and the teachers. Well-run school, excellent teachers, great school! Good Job!

Posted February 24, 2004
I think this school is the best! The teachers and principals all know how to handle, teach, interact and have fun with this age group. DMS has the most activities I have ever seen in a middle school.

Dickson Middle School
401 East College Street, Dickson, TN  37055
Last modified Dickson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dickson Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top