Bad
Good

Posted June 14, 2016
My Dauughter went to Drummonds Elem she loved it so much she said she wanted to be a Teacher . and guess what she now is and Teaches in Tipton Co Tn .

Posted May 31, 2014
Wonderful teachers. Unfortunately my son was only there half of 4th and all of 5th grade. I wish we had moved to Drummonds sooner! The teachers were always understanding and helpful. My son had a very bad experience at his previous school and was afraid of starting a new school. He ended up wishing he could stay there longer! He loved the school and the teachers. I highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a good solid education for your child and a staff that is always willing to support your child.

Drummonds Elementary School 4

Posted October 15, 2013
We absolutely love Drummonds. We moved here from Virginia and made it a point to live in Tipton County instead of Shelby County. We have been very pleased with the school. The administration is great, they great my daughter by name every day. We are relocating soon and will be very sad to leave this school. It is the perfect example of a community school that cares about the students and the quality of education and enrichment they receive. I also love that they welcome volunteers with open arms.

Posted August 23, 2012
I have 3 sons that have attended Drummonds elem and I find it to be way above any school in Tn. They need help with getting books for the kids to be able to do the AR program, but otherwise They are great!

Drummonds Elementary School 1

Posted July 10, 2012
Beware of a teacher that use to teach 3rd gr. I think she's teaching 4th now. She's young and doesn't have any children. I'd let everyone know her name, but I'm not allowed to post names on this review. She's strict, but too strict. She punished our child for something that was a total misunderstanding. We weren't happy about the punishment, but it really wasn't a big deal. If her teacher had stopped after the 1st punishment, all would have turned out fine. She continued to punish our child by various means throughout the day. I have to add that our child is very pleasant, kind, and has always treated others well. So for our child to endure almost a full days worth of punishments for a minor issue, well I have to say, we weren't pleased. The final punishment: getting our child alone in a darkened classroom, slamming her hand on our child's desk, and saying something like "I'll show you MEAN!" This crazed teacher said this with such force our child cried a little and worst of all, urinated on herself. Beware and please look for any signs your child may be showing. The signs were there, but we were foolish and didn't realize the severity of the day to day problems.

Posted November 11, 2011
I have had 3 children at this school. LOVE IT!! :) The teachers do an amazing job. They do not just try to "teach the test", they actually care that the children learn and are interested in learning. They go out of their way to help the children if they are struggling in any subject. 5 *'s to all of the amaizing, wonderful, dedicated, hardworking teachers & principals!

Posted November 10, 2011
If you are a parent, you should fight to get your 5th grader in Mrs. Dillards class. She is an amazing teacher. In my years I have met good and bad teachers. Mrs. Dillard and Mrs. Elam are examples of what a teacher should be. Thank you Mrs. Dillard for being there for my kids when I couldn't be. As long as Drummonds had you, children get the best education possible in 5th grade. Other parents should ask for Dillard by name!!!

Drummonds Elementary School 4

Posted September 30, 2010
The principal, Mrs. Mills is absolutely amazing. Most of the teachers are also amazing. However, when there is a problem with a student/teacher situation, it never gets fixed. They have the WORST and laziest teacher's aides in the kindergarten classes. MY oldest son has been in this school for 2 years, and my youngest son is now in Kindergarten. Mrs. Peggy is the BEST teacher I could have ever had to teach my son. Having an aide like Mallory completely brings down the entire school. She has no love for her job and it shows through daily. I thought this year would be better for her since she was pregnant last year, but it is definitely not the case. She is unwelcoming and terrible with children. I am surprised that someone like Mrs. Mills would allow such carelessness of a job be in this school.

Posted May 26, 2009
I have been very pleased with this school. We moved here 7 years ago from the Millington area. When I went to check out the shelby county schools there was no way I could send my child there. I'm very happy with our move and believe it was the best thing I could have done for both of my children. Drummonds Elem. has given my children so much and I believe their doing an excellent job. I also give extra stars to Ms. Judy Stigall, she has made a Huge impression on my oldest son which struggeled with a learning disability.

Posted April 11, 2009
I love the interaction between the students, teachers, parents, and all staff members. It is a friendly open place for a child to grow up in. New activities are being introduced on a regular basis. The playgrounds have been updated in the last few years through fund raisers and will be there for many years to come for the future students. My son's education has been the priority of his teachers and he has also been offered supplemental programs to keep him from being bored as he shows an increased intellectual level. I never worry about his safety and the before and after school program are a godsend for a working mother. I will be sorry when he leaves there after 5th grade.

Drummonds Elementary School
5068 Drummonds Road, Drummonds, TN  38023
Last modified Drummonds Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.