Eads, TN
Students enrolled: 1,500
Before care: Yes

Posted August 31, 2014
Best private school in the area, but not the most expensive. Christian, strong academics, athletics and fine arts.

Briarcrest Christian School 3

Posted December 05, 2013
This is an average school. The education and environment is above the minimum but does not perform as well as the Collierville schools for middle or high school compared to Collierville The foundation/philosophy is based on Christian principals and they use this to provide structure and discipline of their students much like the politically correct inclusive approach of the Collierville and Shelby County School system (pre-county and city school merger). Hidden tuition, lunch, and after school care fees along with the intentional misrepresentation of their extracurricular expenses such as drama club, band etc. is a direct contrast to the Christian foundation they attempt to portray. If this school s business practices were truly understood, there would be a mass exodus of the business savvy parents who are more concerned for their child s wellbeing than the perception of status that comes with a Briarcrest bumper sticker. Most likely, the Christian moniker is believed by the staff to carry a badge of undisputed character that keeps parents from stirring the pot by asking hard questions about unchristian business practices. Is the value of education worth the tuition? No

Posted August 10, 2013
Disheartened that a prior student did not find this school to be a place of inclusion and support. My daughter is a junior and transferred in just for High School. She was immediately embraced by her classmates and the faculty. She is active in theater and choir although she did try sports. The football on Friday night reminds me of a small town and every time we attended the student section was packed with spirited teens. Sweet tea is even for sale by boosters. Yes, the band and the school are smaller but every student can be involved in multiple interests while getting an A+ education in a Christian atmosphere.

Briarcrest Christian School 1

Posted July 20, 2013
I can't help but laugh at how everyone has rated this HORRIBLE school five stars! I was a student here before I transferred to Houston High School. My experience here was absolutely a DISASTER, almost all of the students are stuck up brats and the student body is very much not school spirited. I was in the band here for my one and only year at Briarcrest's High school, and let me tell you at football games the student "section" would have about 10-15 people at best...but the MAIN reason I left was because how the band program is actually treated! I have never been more disgusted with how a school could treat a group of students, even the administration treated the program with disrespect! The band is mocked more than any other activity on campus mainly because the administration puts absolutely no priority on it and the students know they can get away with it. This is a 100% a "sports" school, if you don't play sports you won't be accepted by anyone. I'm much happier now that I'm at Houston and in a 300+ member band compared to the 20 member band at Briarcrest. Consider this I would have given this school a 0 out of 5 stars if possible, VERY disappointed!

Posted April 11, 2013
Briarcrest Christian School is the Best in private schooling. Our child transferred from another K-6 private school a few years ago and we are so pleased with Briarcrest. The transition went wonderfully and the teachers & students welcomed our child in so many ways. Third grade can be a difficult year for any child but it was definitely one of the best years for our child. We didn't want to make a middle school transition so we decided to move our child in third grade. It was the best decision we could have made. The faculty, staff, and administration are the best. Another plus, we saved almost $1,000 in tuition because the previous private school our child attended cost more but offered less. We understand why Briarcrest is voted the Best private, co-ed, Christian school in Memphis. We would highly recommend Briarcrest.

Posted November 06, 2012
As a mother of two students that has attended Briarcrest for seven years, I love the balanced, college-prep education my two children are receiving. It has far exceeded my every expectation. I appreciate the fact that both my children are at the same campus in a safe, secure environment. They are both involved in athletics and the coaches really take a personal interest in my children. They mentor them in a Christian like manner. My daughter is also involved in the Fine Arts program and it is second to none in the State of Tennessee. I would highly recommend if you are searching for a college-prep, Christian education Look no more. Come tour Briarcrest to see what a balanced education is all about.

Posted June 04, 2012
My daughter just completed Senior K and my step son graduated this year from Briarcrest. I could not have been happier with the teachers, education, and Christian atmosphere. LOVE this school!

Posted July 25, 2011
Best school ever!! My children have been attending this school for 3 years. I will always take my children there!!

Briarcrest Christian School
76 South Houston Levee Rd, Eads, TN  38028
Last modified Briarcrest Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Briarcrest Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top