West Side Elementary School 2

Posted April 10, 2014
The school its self is nice. It gets a principle alot and I do feel kids who have problems ( adhd ect ) feel out of place due to the way the act . Not sure if my kids will be returning to this school.

West Side Elementary School 1

Posted July 23, 2012
This schoolis great depending on grade level, Kindergarden teachers are great, 1st Grade teachers are great, 2nd Grade teachers are terrible, 3rd Grade are Great, 4th Grade is terrible and 5th is Great. Also there is too much parental involvement at the school. Its like the principal doesn't even run the school. The PTA overpowers this school. also the teacher and staff will begin to single students out who make one mistake.

Posted March 09, 2012
My child started in 1st and is finishing 5th this year...The teachers are pretty good here...I see one problem here and it's the teachers kids...most are treated different...they always get picked for everything.. one example is in gym if my child wears the wrong shoes she has something said to her but a teachers child standing next to mine has the wrong shoes on she has nothing said to her....HELLO TEACHERS THE CHILDREN SEE THIS AND THINK THEY ARE TREATED DIFFERENT....The cleaning ladies are mean to the kids also....things have been said but they never do anything about it.... Out of the 5 years one time I say something about another child talking mean to mine..they act like it's my child not the child they have had problems with..Out of the 5 years my child has never been in trouble I have never had to say anything about a Teacher I have never had to go to a parent teacher meeting.....I'm just glad this is my daughters last year...we will see how those teachers children do at TAD...mommy's not at that school...If anyone wants to know why I think these things....well i'm a sub for the city schools and I have seen this first hand...check the star and yearbook...always the same kids

Posted March 08, 2012
Is an average school in a small town where everybody knows each other. The academics are ok. The teachers seem to do what they can but sometimes lack communication with the parents.

West Side Elementary School 5

Posted April 17, 2010
Great teachers...great administrators...great parents...and great students!West Side is the place to be!

West Side Elementary School 0

Posted January 26, 2010
I have two children that currently attend West Side. I have only had one bad experience with a teacher. My children seem to really enjoy the school. And yes, the principal has changed once since my children have attended.

West Side Elementary School 5

Posted October 15, 2007

West Side Elementary School 2

Posted January 01, 2006
My son was at this school 6 years and had 6 principals. His experience went down hill after kindergarten. The teachers need to be educated in how to communicate with children. My son is an honor roll student, but he was plagued by insulting remarks from teachers that lowered his self-esteem to rock bottom. It will take a long time to undo the damage he suffered there. I offered to send him to a different school but he didn't want to leave his friends. Even the office staff needs improvement in dealing with kids. My child's attitude and opinion of himself has improved since he left West Side. He was never given a chance to explain when things happened. He was just given punishment, which is fine if he needed it, but many times, if someone had taken the time to listen, he didn't. Someone needs to educate the educators.

Posted April 22, 2005
I am pleased with academic programs. The challenge for my children seems to be accurate and suited for their grade level. The music and art is a wonderful part of the curriculum. I am always overjoyed to see how much emphasis is put into these two categories. However, I am discouraged that there are not any sports available. My son wants to play football, basketball, and baseball but that is not possible through the school. For parental involvement...Plenty of opportunities to be involved. I do not believe that the work/homework is geared around parents. The work does not explain itself so parents that have been out of school for awhile usually find themselves finding their own tutor to just simply help their own kids in homework. YUCK!

Posted September 17, 2004
I think that this school is also great in a social standard .. And not being able to keep a principle year to year does make me worried whats going on .. And the more money you have the better results you get... My daughter is in the 2nd grade now and she has alot of friends and this is why I will not take her out .. Although the quality in the teachers are lacking after kindergarden..

West Side Elementary School
1310 Burgie St, Elizabethton, TN  37643
Last modified West Side Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Side Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top