Englewood, TN

Englewood Elementary School 2

Posted February 12, 2015
This school really needs a lot of improvements including a new principal and better staff.

Englewood Elementary School 3

Posted August 12, 2013
I caught the principle checking out one of the teachers. That made me feel uncomfortable. The counselor is a know it all (which would be fine if she really did know it all) and gets into everyones business. If you are talking to anyone, including your spouse and she is within ears shot, she will interrupt you and voice her opinion. Other than that the teachers seem to like their jobs and care for the kids. The teachers will not stand for any disrespect and I like that. I will say that in my opinion they can be a little hard on the kids at times.

Englewood Elementary School 3

Posted August 08, 2013
Judging by the grammer and punctuation in some of the reviews, I have a hard time taking any of them seriously. If the parents can't display proper grammer and punctuation, how can they judge the educators? My son will possibly be going to this school next year, if I choose not to homeschool myself. From what I've heard from others in the area who have both attended this school as well as have put their children in this school, it doesn't sound like a bad institution.

Englewood Elementary School 4

Posted July 15, 2013
I have been envolved with this school for 21 years. My children and grandchildren have attended this school and I have been a volunteer. Over all they have received a quality education. As with any school weve a minor problem now and then. What I have found lacking are the following: Art and music are a glorified study hall, Band is only for those that choose to take it. The report cards no longer contain letter grade Attendance policy- 5 sick days in a school year Parents are only envolved when invited The curriculum is so jam packed they can no longer do the programs parent volunteers did in the classroom, like special art or music programs, these are important, its proven a student doing music will excell, and learn discipline for good study habits, to make a well rounded student The school lunches are awful, we had excellent cooked meals, now its microwaved tv dinners, I have watched numerous kids the throw away their entire lunch, they would rather go hungry they have to walk outside in inclimate weather for some classes All doors are locked except the main door, this is fine, except child sent on an errand are handed a key and are outside by themselves

Englewood Elementary School 1

Posted January 24, 2011
this is a real bad school teachers are always right .ive had serveral problems and always tried to solve them with the princible an the teachers, an they never do anything about the users. its always your kids fault no matter what.i have had it with them .you leave your kids in there hands to be safe an protect them not hurt them.and ill not have it no more ,im taking my kids out of this school an finding them one they can be happy in ,an want to go to school again. any sugguesting would help their in 1st an prekan go to eleglwood now ,but ill drive were ever to have them feel safe an be comfortable again in school. thanks mrs. armstrong.

Englewood Elementary School

Posted November 18, 2008
My son went to Elem in Englewood K an was passed to 1st an when I moved he had to be put back to K because he wasn't up to grade level an was tested an made a 58. Englewood didn't even test him. I was told they hadn't move up the school work to state required level yet. I have moved back to Englewood but driving my son to the other school an I'm very disapointed. I thought Englewood was a good school this is hurting other kids. Something needs to be done. It has happen to other kids that's come from there.

Posted October 20, 2005
My daughter has been going to this school for 8 years now. She is very good student. Last year was the first year that she has been in trouble in school. The way they handled her punisment was great.I will miss all of the staff next year when she goes to high school. I just hope they will be just as good to her then like they are now. Crystal's mom.

Posted July 28, 2005
My daughter attended Englewood Ele. last year and was in Jan Dingess' Kendergarten class. She can read, understands rules and has great social skills. I am also greatful for the atmosphere in which the school sets. We loved getting to be involved with school activities and being able to get an inside view of who this school works. More than anything my daughter felt loved and secure during a time when the world seemed very insecure. As a parent that felt wonderful. I also want to personally thank Jan and others for their longevity. God knows we need teachers like we have at our school. I pray and thank God everyday for all of you. Have a great 2005-6 year! Lea Cardin

Posted October 22, 2004
I have two girls who attend Englewood School.I have never before seen a more caring bunch of teachers in my life.They really go out of their way for their students.Mr.Decker is a very fair and understanding man.He does a great job with the kids and parents.I could go on and on about this school.It's one of the best around. I couldn't dream of sending my children anywhere else.

Posted July 28, 2004
My daughter was in mrs.Dingess class last year and i have to tell you she was the most wonderful teacher. I hope that all of the teachers at englewood elementary are as wonderful and outgoing as she was. I believe this is a great school!

Englewood Elementary School
108 College Street, Englewood, TN  37329
Last modified Englewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Englewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top