Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

We moved to Fairview because we had heard rave reviews about Williamson County Schools. Unfortunately, we had a horrible experience with FHS and ended up pulling our child out half way through the freshman year. Our issue was with the Guidance department. Our child was struggling with the teaching methods of one of the teachers and we requested a class change. Our guidance counselor said absolutely under no circumstances would they allow a class change. But not to worry "If your child gets 3 more points they'll be passing!" When I said that D's were not acceptable, I was told that my expectations for my child were too high. Too high! Yes, I was actually told that D's were acceptable and would graduate, if our child could just get D's. Um... what? The conversation then went on to where I was describing to the counselor about a conversation I had with another mother. She told me her son did credit recovery every year for math and English. He couldn't spell and could barely do math. The counselor then told me that if it wasn't for credit recovery, that child would not be graduating. And my response was that perhaps if a child can't spell and can barely do math, they shouldn't be graduating! The facebook group for my child's graduating year was full of parents who constantly complained about the amount of homework a child was given. It wasn't uncommon for an honor's child to spend all day at school, come home and do homework until 1am and all weekend long. One parent logged her child's hours and found her child to be putting in 80-90 hours of study a week (including school). There is no reason for this to even begin to be acceptable. We pulled our child out and are exploring other options. Our youngest child is scheduled to attend FHS next year, and he will be attending private school. We love Fairview, but if you are moving here for the schools, I'd really investigate before taking for granted that all Williamson County Schools are the same. All of the parents we run into have the same struggles and complaints about the school, but you can't get past guidance to talk to the administration. Our counselor flat told us that we would not be allowed to talk with administration because the school policy would not allow it. If you are looking for a great high school... I strongly suggest you look around before accepting that all Williamson County schools are alike.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I liked my child's teachers. Unfortunately, out of 6 classes my child had, 4 of teachers were absent more than 50% of the time. Several had health or family issues, one quit or was fired the first week of school and it took a whole quarter to find a replacement. My child struggled to get any continuity in the classroom.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Way too much. High school is supposed to be about learning to become an adult by balancing school, work, family and social lives. There is so much homework given that the predominant amount of time of a students life is given to homework.

Develops character: Disagree

Any school that isn't willing to help a child succeed, in my opinion, isn't helping develop fairness in it's students. How fair is it to be placed in an advanced class without parent/child consent, and then not allow the student to be removed from the class and placed in a more appropriate class?

Develops character: Disagree

Homework load and unreasonable grading practices does not demonstrate fairness to students. (added more words so website would accept this review, although not needed, the sentence above says it all)

Honestly, if I knew this school was like this, I would have never moved to Fairview. They are bent on raising test scores and they think they can do it by assigning an insane amount of homework (especially honors courses). Do your kid a favor and avoid this school, or at least keep him or her out of honors courses at all costs. I wish the administration would read the studies showing excessive homework actually does the opposite of what they are trying to achieve. Although I suspect there is a serious disconnect between the administration (also some of the teachers) AND how long it takes students to do their homework.

Being a recent FvHS graduate I would definitely suggest this school to parents or other students. Some teachers made the classes very easy but still made you do work and you actually learn something. Many of the teachers know how to keep the classes attention and work very hard to do their job. I wasn't particularly happy with the favoritism that goes on with some of the staff, but I'm sure all schools have that. I have lived in Fairview for 18 years of my life, and I wouldn't have wanted to go to any other school.

Very cruel and clicky school for a small country town. Extreme favoritism and many of the teacher are related to some of the students. There is a great deal of unprofessional behavior and the students seem to have an unbelievable large work loan in some of the advance classes.

The help and interest in my children with needs above the norm...I couldn't have choosen a better school or faculty to teach my children values, self-respect and meet the goals in the hell of IEP-land. Thank you Fairview!

My daughter enjoys the school because of the freedoms it offers compared to middle school, however she struggles constantly with issues that go on within this school. There are many teachers that act extremely unprofessional and use inappropriate language. The discipline for the students here needs to be enforced when it comes to behavior in the classroom towards the teachers. The dress code is a joke as it is not followed or enforced either. The only good thing I see in this school is the education program it offers the students.

Last modified Fairview High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.