Franklin, TN

Oak View Elementary School 2

Posted November 01, 2012
iPads and other technology in the classroom is a great idea, however I think people failed to realized that not everyone can afford these things for their kids. I know that these were purchased for the teachers to share with those children, but I think the children that do not have their own iPad would feel embarrassed. The iPads should have been placed in one location like a computer lab. A whole class could use them at once and then the kids wouldn't have to bring them to school.

Posted October 02, 2012
This is an amazing school. I noticed someone had mentioned the school always asking for money. Well, as a parent involved with my child's school activities, I know that students are not required fees which other schools in the county require. I also know that $75 is asked as a donation to the annual fundraiser, not a mandatory requirement. I also know the ipads for teachers were for the new integrated technology push from the district of "Bring Your Own Technology", and the ipads are used in classrooms for students' usage, especially when students don't have their own technology to use or a computer at home. There is so much to learn from technology in today's society, and I'm glad my children are exposed to these amazing learning tools. The stage curtains were replaced due to fact they became torn and were being held up by pins because they were so old. I understand that there are times when things need to be replaced, and in this case, stage curtains were one of them. I'm proud of this county's accomplishments and particularly proud that my children attend this school. I know everyone has a different opinion, but this school is amazing!

Oak View Elementary School 1

Posted September 20, 2012
It seems like this school wants money...a lot. First of all, they want a 75 donation from each child. The letter about the donation seemed mandatory. Then I keep hearing about Hoot Scoot and Boogie (fundraiser). I'm all for supporting fundraisers if they benefit the kids, but last year's funds went to iPads for the teachers and new gym curtains. I doubt these purchases will benefit my child. Then they sell ice cream and chips at an additional cost at lunch. I don't want my kid to fill up on junk food but it's hard to tell a kid don't pick that up when you're in line. Again, more concerned with money then my kids health. I haven't seen any creative things brought home either. I only see worksheets that are usually ungraded. My kid never talks about what she learns at school either. Yes, the staff is friendly but I don't think the education is very good here. I mostly think the good test scores are due to the well educated parents.

Posted October 12, 2010
The Principal Mrs Goodwin has very high expectations from all of her staff and students that they will be respectful and come to school to do their very best. She inspires everyone she meets to work hard, and knows every child by name. Oak View is more than a school, it is a family, and you feel that the minute you walk in the door.

Posted September 28, 2010
This school is fantastic beyond words. All of the staff at Oak View from the Principal on down sincerely care about the students here. In addition, they have great extra-curricular activities such as the Basketball league and Hoot Scoot and Boogie! We are so glad that we found this place!

Posted January 29, 2010
Oak View Elementary is a wonderful school and it all starts with the principal, Mrs. Goodwin. She is awesome! My son previously attended a National Blue Ribbon elementary in Irvine, CA. That school has nothing on Oak View. We will be moving shortly and I can only hope that we come across a school as good as this one.

Posted November 03, 2009
Our child has attended Oakview Elementary since kindergarten. The entire staff from the principal on down are nurturing staff. We will never know another environment that is so wonderful again- but we are very glad that our daughter was able to have this amazing experience in her very early years when it is so important to feel that loving environment. They have been an amazing place for kids and parents to go through those early years which are such a huge learning curve for all of us- aren't they:)

Posted September 16, 2009
Oakview elementary has the most amazing staff. The principal is caring, compassionate, and know every student by name. Just all around an amazing place for my children to grow and learn.

Posted November 24, 2008
I went to this school when it first opened, and then my sister also went there when she was old enough. As an education major, I've been in a lot of elementary schools and would easily venture to say that Oak View is the best. The teachers, principal, parents, and all school personnel are absolutely wonderful.

Posted July 24, 2007

Oak View Elementary School
2390 Henpeck La, Franklin, TN  37064
Last modified Oak View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top