Posted October 19, 2013
My son is in first grade at HBES and he is very happy. He has some concentration and focus challenges (who doesn't), but his teacher is working with him gently and us to make the best of his academic days and to help him be successful. Both his kindergarten and first grade teachers are very nurturing and kind and I have only been greeted with smiles and cooperative staff any day I visit. HBES just lost one great principal to retirement only to be replaced by another terrific and seemingly even more interactive principle. We are looking forward to many years at HBES with two siblings attending. Fieldstone Farms is a terrific family neighborhood to live in and we can walk to school or ride bikes if we choose. I would recommend this elementary and neighborhood to anyone with small children.

Hunters Bend Elementary School 3

Posted August 18, 2013
Parents are likely to rank this school highly if they have not been out of state where you can see really innovative and rigorous public schools. This school is better than most TN public schools, but the kids are not challenged, the learning is by rote, the testing is almost exclusively matching and multiple choice. There is almost no feedback on their writing, and not much writing to begin with. Very few substantial written projects (any??), and the math is lacking. But it is safe and pleasant. Most teachers are nice, so it just depends what you are looking for. If you are coming out of state, the academics will be a let down.

Posted July 29, 2013
I have been thrilled with the education my daughter has received from this school. The teachers are fantastic, the curriculum is appropriate, and any discipline problems, which have been minimal, have been addressed quickly and fairly.

Posted March 31, 2011
We moved to Franklin three months ago from the NW Chicago suburbs, both of our sons were in private school in the burbs. I was excited and also a bit nervous when we decided as a family to return to the public sector. I am humbled, honored, and thrilled for our sons, who are in Kindergarten and 4th grade, they've been accepted with arms wide open. And, having come from an experience where the public sector is less than adequate, their private school did not really measure up either, surprisingly enough! Both of our children are behind, though the IEPs' they've both had have been enlightening. The teachers and support staff have gone above and beyond my expectations, and I can truly say that for the first time in seven years (since our eldest attended PK3), I can breathe a little easier knowing that someone (the teachers and staff at HBES) outside of my biological family wants as much for my sons as my husband and I do. The teaching style is different, the area is different, people are kinder, gentler, slower than what we are used to. Should you be moving into the area, give it some time. You will not be disappointed with this school, and with this area.

Posted December 31, 2009
I have 2 children at Hunters Bend and am very impressed with the quality of their teachers. The missng link at this school was a strong leader, and Mr. Parman has filled that role well.

Hunters Bend Elementary School 0

Posted November 18, 2009
We have been extremely pleased with Hunters Bend. Very strong academically, great administration, and very active PTO.

Hunters Bend Elementary School 1

Posted July 07, 2009

Posted July 24, 2008

Hunters Bend Elementary School 4

Posted July 09, 2008
Our daughter has been at HBES for 2 years (we moved to this area for the schools). We are very pleased with her progress - at the end of both years she was above grade level. Her teachers have been wonderful and the communication lines between parents and teachers are always open. There is a lot of involvement from the parents. Our experience has been nothing but positive.

Hunters Bend Elementary School 2

Posted June 16, 2008
We have given this school two years hoping that things would change. We are now sending our child to a private school. Discipline problems in our class were ignored by the administration, and I am very disappointed by my child's lack of progress. She will be have to be in remedial classes to catch up with the rest of her grade in her new school. Hopefully, we have acted quickly enough.

Hunters Bend Elementary School
2121 Fieldstone Parkway, Franklin, TN  37069
Last modified Hunters Bend Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hunters Bend Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top