Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Awesome teachers and administration. The principal, Leigh Webb, is doing a great job and is highly respected by all.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some really teach, others leave the class to their own learning. Students leave the class more confused than educated.

My daughter is a Freshman at Centennial and I couldn't be more pleased with here experience so far. Not only is the environment strong with regard to trying to get all students to excel academically and to challenge them to learn at a high level, the school also offers tons of extra-curricular activities and the school spirit is out of this world. Whatever negative rep this school has gotten in the past in undeserved in the present. Much of the credit goes to the Principal Leigh Webb. She is super and only promises to bring this school to higher levels in the future. Go Cougars!

Develops character: Agree

It's part of the school's creed, and several of my daughter's teachers emphasized it in their class orientations.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They were all rude and would pick on students frequently. I have no idea why. Some of them called me stupid and I started believing it. When I switched schools I ended up getting all A's. That's not a coincidence.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I would have AT LEAST 4-6 hours of homework a night. 7 hours of school, then 6 hours of homework. That's ridiculous.

There are some fantastic teachers here that inspire students to learn and grow. Fortunately, we've experienced some of them. Unfortunately, they are the exception. This school is plagued with petty, power tripping tyrants that harass students over minor issues, give less than achieved grades when parents dare to question what or why they are teaching a certain way, fail to communicate with parents, and the politics and favoritism within the athletics department is awful, etc. Kids with amazing potential get lost in the maze, harassed by administration, and lose all confidence and momentum to succeed. My child is a Freshman at CHS, I can count more times she has come home crying than I can good days and no one at the school cares, and I am told more often than not that it is "her fault". I moved into the district so that she could go to this school based on the things I was told and am moving out of the district and to a different school based on the ACTUAL experience.

great school, nice & clean environment, we are happy with all teachers and edu level

So excited about the direction this school is going! This is the strongest administration this school has had in the last several years we have been involved there. The teachers are not only strong academically but have a compassion for this school and the students they teach. Both my children graduated with high honors and scholarships for college.

All of the great strides Centennial made under Dr. B are lost. We have a new principal that speaks with the passion and knowledge of an anemic, monotone, pseudo-intellectual. Most of the students never see her. We went from a 6 to a 9 on this Great Schools rating site under Dr. B. We will be back to a 6 all too soon under this administration. We need a new director too. He hinders the progress of most schools while looking for the next photo op or chance to self promote. He is also the reason we went from a great principal to someone just taking up space in an office. It was the worst handling of a situation that had nothing to do with schools possible.

Last modified Centennial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.