Franklin, TN
Students enrolled: 1,553
After care: No

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 11, 2015
They were all rude and would pick on students frequently. I have no idea why. Some of them called me stupid and I started believing it. When I switched schools I ended up getting all A's. That's not a coincidence.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 11, 2015
I would have AT LEAST 4-6 hours of homework a night. 7 hours of school, then 6 hours of homework. That's ridiculous.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 11, 2015
The teachers didn't even care. How could I learn any of that from people who I felt hated me?

Posted May 07, 2015
There are some fantastic teachers here that inspire students to learn and grow. Fortunately, we've experienced some of them. Unfortunately, they are the exception. This school is plagued with petty, power tripping tyrants that harass students over minor issues, give less than achieved grades when parents dare to question what or why they are teaching a certain way, fail to communicate with parents, and the politics and favoritism within the athletics department is awful, etc. Kids with amazing potential get lost in the maze, harassed by administration, and lose all confidence and momentum to succeed. My child is a Freshman at CHS, I can count more times she has come home crying than I can good days and no one at the school cares, and I am told more often than not that it is "her fault". I moved into the district so that she could go to this school based on the things I was told and am moving out of the district and to a different school based on the ACTUAL experience.

Centennial High School 5

Posted April 17, 2015
great school, nice & clean environment, we are happy with all teachers and edu level

Centennial High School 5

Posted July 08, 2014
So excited about the direction this school is going! This is the strongest administration this school has had in the last several years we have been involved there. The teachers are not only strong academically but have a compassion for this school and the students they teach. Both my children graduated with high honors and scholarships for college.

Posted December 17, 2013
All of the great strides Centennial made under Dr. B are lost. We have a new principal that speaks with the passion and knowledge of an anemic, monotone, pseudo-intellectual. Most of the students never see her. We went from a 6 to a 9 on this Great Schools rating site under Dr. B. We will be back to a 6 all too soon under this administration. We need a new director too. He hinders the progress of most schools while looking for the next photo op or chance to self promote. He is also the reason we went from a great principal to someone just taking up space in an office. It was the worst handling of a situation that had nothing to do with schools possible.

Centennial High School 3

Posted October 23, 2013
There are some fantastic teachers here that inspire students to learn and grow. Fortunately, we've experienced most of them. Unfortunately, they are the exception. This school is plagued with petty, power tripping tyrants that harass students over minor dress code issues, give less than achieved grades when parents dare to question what or why they are teaching a certain way, etc. I was hopeful the new principal would be a catalyst for change, treating our students like young adults getting ready to face the reality of life outside of HS. Sadly, this is not the case. The dress code (stricter than the Williamson County dress code) perpetuates the illusion of gangs being prevalent in this school. Furthermore, it treats the young adults of this school differently than their peers in neighboring schools. There was a survey given to the parents but as far as I know the actual content of the survey was not made public - only the results. The educators would be wise to spend more time inspiring our children and less time nitpicking and making examples of them. Communication with the parents and being accountable for what and how you are teaching seems obvious, but not welcome

Posted July 15, 2013
Everyone knows what shame it was to treat the previous principal they way they did. The superintendent should be ashamed of himself. He owes the entire school community and most especially the principal an apology. His bungled handling of what should have been a private matter at the most set the school back hugely. We had come so far with such great leadership. Then the interim principal proved to be useless and harmful. And then they hire an inexperienced kid to run the most difficult high school in the county. Centennial will fall back off the cliff and undo all the hard work that has done by a great principal. Because of poor leadership from the home office and hiring of weak leadership at the school, I cannot rate Centennial highly at all.

Centennial High School 4

Posted July 14, 2013
Centennial is a great school that has come a long way in a very short time. The leadership that guided the school to such a high level is now gone. He did indeed bring CHS from a 6 to a 9 in this site. Hopefully we won't fall back to where we were. The students are great and there are some good teachers. The school spirit is very good.

5050 Mallory Lane, Franklin, TN  37067
Last modified Centennial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centennial High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top