Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Franklin High School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 04, 2015
The band director and the culinary teacher are incredible teachers who do not get recognized nearly enough. They are two of the greatest teachers I have ever had. They open appropriate teacher-student relationships and want to get to know you better.

Franklin High School 3

Posted December 04, 2015
Franklin is a great school don't get me wrong, but there are many things wrong with it. first of all, only an extremely small amount of teachers act like they want to help you. The teachers just want you to learn the material for the test and not for actual knowledge. Also, they only accommodate to one learning style which is them spitting the information at you way too fast and expecting you to have it memorized for the test. There is little to no creativity in the classroom. The majority of the teachers are horrible with the exception of a few like the band director and the culinary arts teacher. If you have a more creative learning style do not go to this school. Last year, one of my teachers literally told me "you are the least smart person in this class" when really, she was only trying to teach the over achieving academic robots in the class. (The Franklin Band is incredible)

Posted November 23, 2014
I am about to graduate from FHS and i can tell you it has not really been a great experience. Thee is so much drinking and drugs here, it's horrible. Many kids smoke during school and i've only seen a teacher stop them one time. There are a handful of teachers who truly care about their students, but the other 87 do not. The administration at this school is even worse. They do not work to help the student. There are so many rules you have to follow, but only some of the teachers enforce them. The level of inconsistency here drives me nuts. With it's academic rankings, the school looks amazing, but being in the FHS system is more of a nightmare than a dream. If thankful that I'm graduation because I can't wait to leave.

Posted April 28, 2014
I went to this school for a year and a half, and trust me I could not stand it. The students just don't make an effort to get to know you. I came a from a school where making friends and being social was easy but this was the complete opposite. I witnessed a lot of bullying whether indirect or direct and teaching styles of many teachers are just not efficient.

Posted July 29, 2013
As a College Professor and a parent of teenagers, I am constantly exposed to how undereducated our recent graduates are. The average ACT score of this school last year was a 27, whereas the national average was 21.1. The students are obviously prepared and are above college ready, despite what some of the reviews below are saying. My oldest child graduated, and entered college as a Freshman, and he was very successful. This is an exceptional high school, and the students graduating from FHS are more prepared than freshmen in the classes I teach which represent schools nationwide.

Posted January 31, 2013
My son is a sophomore at FHS. If you are considering moving to Williamson County, I could not more strongly recommend this high school. Their band program and director are outstanding. They achieved Tennessee State Champions for marching band this year. If your son or daughter is interested in marching band, FHS is tops. Academics are very strong as well as parental involvement. There is so much to like about Williamson County and FHS is one of those blessings that we have been able to enjoy. Franklin Rebels are the best!

Posted January 05, 2013
I have always wanted to either go to this school or Siegel high school because both schools have really talented kids and I have talent. How many teenage recorder players do you know in Tennessee? Not any most would say. Sadly I can't go to either cause I am zoned for... Antioch.

Posted August 26, 2012
Very weak school with a problems the leadership won't own up to or address. I am sad with how poorly the students act and how the school is run. I would not sent my children here if I were a new parent looking at schools.

Posted September 28, 2010
I am a recent graduate of Franklin High School. The education I got here over-prepared me for college, and I was able to enter as a sophomore. The teachers were great and always willing to help. The administration was willing to listen to students. I was an AP student and we were always prepared for the tests. In response to other reviews, I was never in a class where texting was allowed, phones were taken up on a daily basis. I was never in a class where plagiarism was tolerated (I witnessed numerous zeroes were given out by teachers). If you want your children held to a higher standard, send them to Franklin. In my recent experience at college, Franklin High grads were more prepared, comfortable, and able to adjust better than Williamson County private school grads.

Posted July 21, 2010
My experience with this school the past two years has been disappointing to say the least! The academics are extremely weak and the goal seems to be graduation not education. They hold the kids to a very low standards even in the honor classes. I have 4 adult children and have never experienced such a poor school. Your child can flunk every test they take and still end up passing with a C. They can plagiarize an entire paper and still receive a passing grade in spite of a parental request to give them a zero. The kids are allowed to text throughout class time. If you are a parent who wants their kid held to the same high standards you hold at home, don't sent them to Franklin High!

Franklin High School
810 Hillsboro Road, Franklin, TN  37064
Last modified Franklin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.