Fred J Page High School

Public | 9-12 | 835 students

Posted April 2, 2014

im a student at page high and people think it is a terrible school but it is actually great. all of my teachers are amazing and there are so many nice people. if you dont understand something, most teachers will go out of their way to help you. it is a smaller school with a tight-knit, family-like bond & a lot of spirit. the athletics as well as the academics are exceptional. a great school.

Posted March 17, 2013

Page High School has Tennessee's top-rated AP Calculus and AP Chemistry programs and ranks among America's Top 500 schools. Graduates attend Ivy League and other prestigious universities. Most teachers, outside of the history department, are exceptional and set high expectations. Students at other Williamson County schools come in with high scores but do not show growth. Students at Page come in with slightly lower scores but show tremendous growth far surpassing the other local schools. In a recent survey, parents and students alike applauded Page for being one big family where everyone sticks up for each other. In fact the school has the lowest occurrence of bullying and cliques in the entire county. This high school is the best-kept secret in the Southeastern United States. See their Wikipedia page as witness of their athletic and academic success.

Posted September 22, 2010

I am a PROUD parent of 2 Page High Students and a third child who will be there in the 2010-2011 school year. I cannot say enough about our wonderful staff and our Page High community. We have outstanding teachers, extremely involved parents and good students. We chose to move into the Page High district and have never regretted it.... I did the research and Page won hands down! Our school is the best kept secret in Williamson County and I love the community feel everytime I come into he school, attend a sporting event or a school event. I am very much a proud Page High Parent! All schools in Williamson County are good schools and Page High ranks right up there with them all!

Posted May 12, 2010

Hi i am a student at page there are only few good teachers. One teacher at page stops her class to answer text messages or phone calls. Page only has a few good sports. There is also a lot of drama and rumors about people that is not true

Posted April 28, 2010

My two older children attended Page. By the time my third child was old enough for high school, I had already decided not to send him there. The teachers at Page were very hostile toward my daughter and indifferent toward my son. Students who don't make waves are usually ignored. Those who challenge, are put down on a daily basis. I feel so guilty about putting my two older children through that. My younger son went to a private school and now has many more options, because he was educated in math. Although all of my children have gone on to be successful, contributing members of society, I will never be able to make it up to my children for that poor high school education.

Posted December 31, 2009

Page High School is a joke. It has a terrible reputation in the county. It is a very small school and students are forced to conform to fit in. The marching band at PHS always does very well, but athletics are a joke. I think an AP class at Page is a standard class at any other school in the county. There are a few good teachers, but other than that, it is a joke.

Posted December 9, 2009

I feel that Page High school is a great school. I was involved in sports, clubs, and was also the president of the school when I attended. Graduates from my class went to colleges all over the country. We had someone go to Stanford, Boston University, Boston College, UT, Alabama, etc... I have found that at Page, you get the best education that you want. If you want a good education, it is easy to achieve. I always found that no matter what your involved with, the teachers are warm and friendly; however, if you are a trouble maker, they might not be as nice, but I think that is with every school. I know that Page has a top rate special program that no other school in the county can offer. Also, Page has the best education for people going into specific jobs after graduation.

Posted October 4, 2009

We are new to Page and definitely feel it is the best kept secret! There is a wholesome-ness to the culture. The students are very well behaved, considerate, and have a lot of fun in their various activities. We met this spring with Dr. Anthony and she recruits the BEST teachers - those with good rapport with students/parents, and who have good track records. We attended Open House and were VERY impressed with the teachers. Each were very caring, prepared, and since have communicated well, using email, Parent Connection and other web based resources to keep parents informed! Our student is in the band and they easily beat out larger bands from larger schools. We are VERY impressed!

Posted August 14, 2009

I am a mother of 3 Page High School graduates, 2 of which went on to college. I think if you asked any of them they would agree that the teachers at Page make the school!

Posted December 11, 2008

Hi, i am currently a student(senior) at middle college high school. I attended page for the first three years of high school. If you were not involved with sports at page you really were not shown the atention you needed. They care a lot about there atheletics and had a great program for that but if you were not into sports, you were left in the cold. A lot of the teachers are coachs. If your in their class, the refer to sports and sports related things to teach class. Im personally not into sports so half the time i had no idea what they were talking about. Parents, if your child is not into sports, do not send your child to this school. Please consider somewhere else because page will not help them.

Posted July 13, 2007

As a former student I can say that Page High should, if it is not already, be held in as high esteem if not higher than any other school in Williamson County. During my time there I felt like Page was consistently overshadowed by the academic and athletic successes of much larger schools like Franklin and Brentwood, but looking back I realize that simply wasn't true. Page was and still is the diamond in the rough with an unbelievably successful music and arts program including a state championship marching band and vibrant drama program, as well as a nationally recognized JROTC program which I'm proud to say I was a part of. I value my memories of being a student at Page and can honestly say it was the caring faculty and administration as well as numerous extracurricular opportunities that prepared me for my college career.

Posted March 22, 2007

My child is at Page HS now, I love this school. There is much accountability here as it is a rural environment and many of the kids have grown up together; therefore, many of the parents have also known each other for years. The drama and music departments are garnering a positive national reputation for the school. There was a state of the art performing arts center,constructed and opened a couple of years ago, along with a recording studio. The marching band is going for their 4th consecutive state championship, it's a miracle what these kids do when you look at the state of their instruments they have to use. Pathetic that a program that has gotten terific publicity for the school is ignored when it comes to passing out funds to replace instruments that are older then the kids who play them.

Posted December 8, 2006

I am the mother of 3 children. My older children both attended Centennial High School, and our youngest was rezoned for Page High. At first we were apprehensive about him attending such a small school, but quickly learned the advantages of the rural high school. He has had a wonderful experience in both academics and athletics, and could not be in a better learning environment. I'm certain our principal, Dr. Anthony knows each and every student's name. She is very dedicated, and has the best interest of Page High students as her goal. I would highly recommend this school over the larger schools in Williamson County.

Posted September 28, 2006

As the parent of one Page High graduate and a current sophmore, I can say without hesitation that this is the best highschool in Williamson County bar none. If the sports teams are not as well recognized as the larger schools, they offer more students an opportunity to participate. The academics are second to none. Just look at the scores. When you get past the, 'country image', you see that this is school is about what is best in class, inclusion and excellence!

Posted December 10, 2005

I am a former student of Page High, and I was just shy of miserable at this school. I ended up transferring to Middle College in order to escape. The majority of my teachers didn't care about students on an individual basis, which is almost understandable in a large school. However, many could put forth more effort if they desired to do so. Administrators only care about the image of the school, attendance numbers and test scores. They are not concerned with the well-being of the students. Teachers pay no mind to students that are at risk of failing, while Middle College instructors will assist in any way possible. I was failing classes and had given up the idea of college while attending Page. While attending Middle College, I became an A student and applied and was accepted to a university. I regret not leaving Page High sooner than I did!

Posted November 9, 2005

At PHS I studied Japanese for two years, participated in JROTC for 4 years, was on student council for 4 years, and took part in several plays and musicals. (Now I hear that they have added a brand new state of the art theatre so I am jealous.) <BR><BR>I didn't realize how great my highschool experience at Page was until I spoke with people from other schools many years later. Some of the teachers there have profoundly impacted my life.(As I write this I can still hear Mrs. Macurda's voice correcting my grammar and punctuation.) <BR><BR> The parents at Page have always been very involved. In fact, my godfather started a jazz band there a few years ago and the school later decided to create a jazz band class. Those kids eventually were able to record a CD in a recording studio. They now play out at fairs and festivals. Great School!

Posted September 25, 2005

This is the review of a former student (2000 graduate). Since leaving PHS, I can honestly say that I was DEFINITELY prepared for college. I had the necessary communication skills (especially computer skills), and I was comfortable asking for help from my college professors because of the relationship I had with my PHS instructors. PHS always focused on the students' safety and education. Also, as a student who transferred there in the middle of 10th grade, I cannot stress how welcome I felt in a new environment. Make no mistake - PHS is a well-kept secret in Williamson County public schooling.

Posted August 5, 2005

I have been an involved parent of two teenagers who goes to PHS. I have nothing but high praise for this school and the community! The leadership of Dr. Anthony and her staff is just incredible. the hours they have dedicated into the students is just unbelievable. look at our scores and dropout rates. I am very grateful that we can be a part of this school and its environment. This school is very unique...every student counts here.

Posted February 24, 2005

Well actually, i'm not a parent, i'm a student but i still wanted to post on here how great Page high school really is. I'm not American, but middle eastern, and thought that a country state such as Tennesse would be prejudice against strangers, but i was suprised of how nice and respsectful the whole school, the people, and everyone else was to me and my brother who attended Page as well. The school offers great opportunities and challenges to all its students which makes all of thse students better people and more determined individuals. And i think that's what a real school is all about.

Posted March 22, 2004

All my children went to Page High School. They are all in college and doing so well. Page is one of the smaller schools in Franklin, but it makes it more comfortable for the kids to come to the teachers when they need extra help. One of my children is now at Vandy and she is doing so well. My other child graduated from Martin. He was top of his class. I think the teachers at his school really influenced what he has become. The teachers are great. The programs are outstanding, and I truly applaud this great little school.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 65% in 2013.

2011

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 42% in 2013.

158 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 62% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I

The state average for English I was 68% in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 59% in 2013.

198 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

English III

The state average for English III was 40% in 2013.

116 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 11%N/A55%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
ELL/ESL Coordinator
Librarian/media specialist(s)
School psychologist
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

• Drama

School culture

• Join PTO/PTA
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6281 Arno Rd